• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What name would you pick for the Vegas NHL team?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the NHL is giving an expansion team to Las Vegas, I thought it would be fun to see what kind of team name people would give it.

Me, I'd forgo the obvious gambling motif and perhaps go with something more desert-themed for the occasion.

Snakebite
Scorpions

something along that line, perhaps?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sin City Slayers
Las Vegas Rattler
Vegas Venom
Las Vegas Raiders ( wrong thread)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they havent made that official yet

Okay..thanks.
It's really not a bad name though.

Maybe they'll tweak it and call them the Silver Knights?...with Nevada being the silver state and all?

And with the Raiders purportedly moving there ...that could also be a nice tie in.

Yea or Nay?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay..thanks.
It's really not a bad name though.

Maybe they'll tweak it and call them the Silver Knights?...with Nevada being the silver state and all?

Yea or Nay?
Yeah, I dont know. I hope they field options and pick something that both suits the city and the sport. No need to rush at this point. 15 month till they drop a puck.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I dont know. I hope they field options and pick something that both suits the city and the sport. No need to rush at this point. 15 month till they drop a puck.

And with the Raiders purportedly moving there...it could also be a nice tie in..with either, silver knights or black knights.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the Raiders purportedly moving there...it could also be a nice tie in..with either, silver knights or black knights.
I was honestly hoping that they put the city up to the challenge to name the team. Generate some serious buzz and let the first season ticket holders put up suggestions for a potential name. Foley is a sharp guy from what I can tell, but who really knows.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly hoping that they put the city up to the challenge to name the team. Generate some serious buzz and let the first season ticket holders put up suggestions for a potential name. Foley is a sharp guy from what I can tell, but who really knows.

I know it's all about the $$$, but it's still weird to think of Vegas getting an NHL team ahead of cities like Milwaukee..or KC.
But seeing as now there will be an odd number of teams (31)..perhaps one of them also gets a franchise soon to balance it out at 32.

Last edited:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's all about the $$$, but it's still weird to think of Vegas getting an NHL team ahead of cities like Milwaukee..or KC.
But seeing as now there will be an odd number of teams (31)..perhaps one of them also gets a franchise soon to balance it out at 32.
They built the T Moblie arena for hockey. We were the largest city in the country without a professional sports team. It was time.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing that a Canadian team will be next