• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What 1980s-90s arcade games were you best at?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle down, spanky. That was hours ago
I don't want to hear details :puke: :gaah: Seriously while I'm not into the "mentor" thing. I'm happy you found a "mentor ".Congrats I wish you both a lot of happiness together :suds:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hear details :puke: :gaah: Seriously while I'm not into the "mentor" thing. I'm happy you found a "mentor ".Congrats I wish you both a lot of happiness together :suds:

you're trying way too hard, doofus.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twisted Metal 2 matches were usually over before they started. Warthog, Shadow and Mr Grimm were the only characters I'd call balanced.

Axel beat Grasshopper, Mr Slamm, Hammerhead, Thumper and Twister for free because they couldn't touch him.
Thumper and Mr Slamm could both get almost full life off a freeze shot which was kind of silly
Roadkill, Outlaw, Hammerhead, Grasshopper and Sweet Tooth were pointless.
Spectre's entire gameplan was just running away and looking at your opponents screen.
Minion was Minion so that goes without saying.
I forgot the name of the Car, but once mastered, the Car that shot Missiles through any Object, and was the Fastest, was Unbeatable. That was the Car I used and you could win matches without ever seeing the other Car, after the Start.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot the name of the Car, but once mastered, the Car that shot Missiles through any Object, and was the Fastest, was Unbeatable. That was the Car I used and you could win matches without ever seeing the other Car, after the Start.
Spectre was the 2nd fastest but you had to be really good with Twister to catch up without dying first. There were only a couple of maps where Spectre was beatable though it wasn't terribly difficult to throw on a shield when his special came up. Spectre and Minion are pretty obviously overpowered

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spectre was the 2nd fastest but you had to be really good with Twister to catch up without dying first. There were only a couple of maps where Spectre was beatable though it wasn't terribly difficult to throw on a shield when his special came up. Spectre and Minion are pretty obviously overpowered
You obviously remember a lot, all I remember was in 98 getting Faded playing that game all night long...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously remember a lot, all I remember was in 98 getting Faded playing that game all night long...
I was young at the time. Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, Ps2, Xbox was probably my glory days as a gamer.

I used to be great at fighting games but SFV and Guilty Gear Xrd do nothing for me. I think in some ways eSports ruined the genre but I was great at UMvC3 so maybe its just the newest crops of games just not being my style. I'm better at FPS games then I used to be but my 1.2 Destiny KD is nothing special.

I suspect when I have kids in a couple of years my gaming time will be totally gone until I'm a senior citizen but thats probably how it should be.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was young at the time. Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, Ps2, Xbox was probably my glory days as a gamer.

I used to be great at fighting games but SFV and Guilty Gear Xrd do nothing for me. I think in some ways eSports ruined the genre but I was great at UMvC3 so maybe its just the newest crops of games just not being my style. I'm better at FPS games then I used to be but my 1.2 Destiny KD is nothing special.

I suspect when I have kids in a couple of years my gaming time will be totally gone until I'm a senior citizen but thats probably how it should be.
I dont know, your memory reaction will probably out duel their apathy toward Old Games...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, your memory reaction will probably out duel their apathy toward Old Games...
I'll keep up with the new stuff. This year is likely to be the best year in the PS4's lifespan. RE7 and Nioh have already gotten high marks, Horizon Zero Dawn and the Nier game look decent, new Mass Effect, new Tekken, new Destiny, new Red Dead Redemption, new Valkyria Chronicles, new South Park (2018 I guess).

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep up with the new stuff. This year is likely to be the best year in the PS4's lifespan. RE7 and Nioh have already gotten high marks, Horizon Zero Dawn and the Nier game look decent, new Mass Effect, new Tekken, new Destiny, new Red Dead Redemption, new Valkyria Chronicles, new South Park (2018 I guess).

Is that Like Valkyrie Profile?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Like Valkyrie Profile?
Its more like a JRPG Band of Brothers although I admit that the new one doesn't look all that great.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more like a JRPG Band of Brothers although I admit that the new one doesn't look all that great.
Dont know what that is. If it had been like Valkyrie Profile I might have gotten it...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah-s_Ark_-_1983_-_Enterbrain.jpg