• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What’s your favorite PS4 game?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playstation certainly won this generation in terms of exclusives, so share the best one you have played

Personally Persona 5 and Bloodborne have been my favorite. Infamous second son is a nice sleeper too.

I’d really like to try out Yakuza 6 or Yakuza Zero

I’ve heard good things about Nier but that just came to Xbox

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't played Persona 5 yet.

Nier Automata is niche. Its probably my third favorite game this gen but it really drags in the middle. Imo, so does Horizon Zero Dawn but comparing the two is tricky. Odds are you'll really like one or the other but probably not both. They both excel in different areas and feel totally different but there are some similarities, too. I'm in the Nier camp but HZD is above average and what it does well it does better than any other game.

Imo, Bloodborne is niche, too. Its probably the best single player Souls game and I dig the theme. I'd say its pretty strictly only for hardcore players, though.

Doom is an experience. I love that game. Great graphics, great gameplay, great sound, and lots of hidden nostalgia. Its not very deep so WYSIWYG.

Destiny 2 is currently my favorite co-op game on the system even though its still a bit of a mess. I'll admit that it isn't the best but I love the grind, the gameplay loop and playing with friends.

Witcher 3 is the best story on the system and I'm not sure its even remotely close. I like Nier's story quite a bit but Witcher 3 takes it to the next level with exploration, side quests and size. Nier's one downfall is looping content in the middle 5-6 hours of the game and Witcher 3 just explodes with content.

GTAV is the other game I'd mention. Its a port but its great.

I actually got Infamous Second Son for free and couldn't get behind the plot. Seemed very cringeworthy.

Yakuza 0 is a Greatest Hit now so you can pick it up cheap. Its on my list of games to play between now and September.

Rayman Legends, Trackmania Turbo, Broforce, Binding of Isaac, Alienation, Rocket League, Nex Machina, Bastion....lots of smaller titles worth checking out.

God of War is obviously a game worth checking out, too. Ill get to that at some point.

The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 do the 'Naughty Dog' thing and they are some of the most liked games ever so if you're into that then Id check that out.

Last edited:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't played Persona 5 yet.

Nier Automata is niche. Its probably my third favorite game this gen but it really drags in the middle. Imo, so does Horizon Zero Dawn but comparing the two is tricky. Odds are you'll really like one or the other but probably not both. They both excel in different areas and feel totally different but there are some similarities, too. I'm in the Nier camp but HZD is above average and what it does well it does better than any other game.

Imo, Bloodborne is niche, too. Its probably the best single player Souls game and I dig the theme. I'd say its pretty strictly only for hardcore players, though.

Doom is an experience. I love that game. Great graphics, great gameplay, great sound, and lots of hidden nostalgia. Its not very deep so WYSIWYG.

Destiny 2 is currently my favorite co-op game on the system even though its still a bit of a mess. I'll admit that it isn't the best but I love the grind, the gameplay loop and playing with friends.

Witcher 3 is the best story on the system and I'm not sure its even remotely close. I like Nier's story quite a bit but Witcher 3 takes it to the next level with exploration, side quests and size. Nier's one downfall is looping content in the middle 5-6 hours of the game and Witcher 3 just explodes with content.

GTAV is the other game I'd mention. Its a port but its great.

I actually got Infamous Second Son for free and couldn't get behind the plot. Seemed very cringeworthy.

Yakuza 0 is a Greatest Hit now so you can pick it up cheap. Its on my list of games to play between now and September.

Rayman Legends, Trackmania Turbo, Broforce, Binding of Isaac, Alienation, Rocket League, Nex Machina, Bastion....lots of smaller titles worth checking out.

God of War is obviously a game worth checking out, too. Ill get to that at some point.

The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 do the 'Naughty Dog' thing and they are some of the most liked games ever so if you're into that then Id check that out.
Infamous has a stupid story but I enjoyed the abilities and upgrades. It was good for a lunch title but plying now would feel dated, although the graphics were impressive.

Played uncharted and last of us. To me uncharted is okay but I get bored of cover shooters. Last of us on the other hand is a great game. The combat still has flaws but it was really worth a play through and the way it’s spliit up into seasons and how the story comes together kept me thinking about weeks after I had beat it. Not sure how they can make a second one and please fans but we’ll see.

I’ve heard good things about god of war but I’m not sure I would like it. Might try it when it’s on sale down the line.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd echo Witcher 3 if you're into RPG's at all. Horizon ZD is solid too, and a more recent title.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up Yakuza 0 and Horizon Zero Dawn for the weekend, we’ll see how it goes

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up Yakuza 0 and Horizon Zero Dawn for the weekend, we’ll see how it goes
The one thing Ive heard about Yakuza 0 watching ACG and seeing some message boards is that the game gets better as it goes along. The second half of the game is supposed to be better than the first half (which is generally what I expect anyways.)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing! I played all damn night lol

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an adult so I do not play PS4 or any gaming system for that matter. I do more realistic things with my time like online gambling and pron.

fuckin' kids

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an adult so I do not play PS4 or any gaming system for that matter. I do more realistic things with my time like online gambling and pron.

fuckin' kids

Can do online pron and gambling thru your PS4.