• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, This Ain't Good

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Former LSU QB Brandon Harris says he's transferring to North Carolina"

"North Carolina has a replacement for Mitch Trubisky. And Texas is likely going to have to find a starting quarterback from a player already on its roster."

"Texas coach Tom Herman said this week that Texas was recruiting Harris. Sophomore-to-be Shane Buechele was the Longhorns’ primary quarterback in 2016 and either he or freshman Sam Ehlinger will be the Longhorns’ starting QB in 2017. Had Texas been Harris’ destination, the senior would have likely been the Longhorns’ opening day starter."

I guess Herman doesn't think much of Buechele. I get Ehlinger. Freshman qb's need a year of backup and practice squad, but Buechele I don't get. He didn't tear it up as a freshman, but he wasn't that bad either. If Herman is trying to bring in someone for one year, that just can't be good.

I've been watching some of the videos of the spring practices. Looks like Herman is bringing a little more energy into the program. That's a good thing, but still say we lack some thoroughbreds on the team. Energy and intensity are great for a program, but he still has to recruit some major superstars. I don't care if they are transfers, jc players or hs players. He has got to start winning these battles.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you can pull those conclusions. Don't puppet what some dumbass reporter says.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the press, and I'm not a believer in what they say. However, the facts are that Herman really didn't do much with recruiting and yes, I know he came in late. I was hoping for something. Now he's trying to land a qb. Two concerns. 1, I thought we already had a really good qb moving forward. I guess he doesn't think so, and he knows more than I do. 2, He missed on another steal. Remember, recruiting is suppose to be his strength. This year was tough, he came in late, but we need to see some big time commitments this year.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. I know he needs time and I'm ok with that, but the sooner he shows us something in regards to getting talent, the better.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom, you were 100% correct. This doesn't look good!