• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, That's One Way for Marvel to Get X-Men Back (Disney Acquisition of Fox)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't realize that fox was actually for sale. hope it doesn't happen.

It's only 21st Century Fox, the entertainment part of the company. The news and sports sections aren't up for sale.

I know it's not necessarily the same arena, but I don't think the FCC gives a fuck at this point.

FCC just repealed decades-old rules blocking broadcast media mergers - The Boston Globe

The FCC is full of shit heads right now. In no way should the media mergers or these entertainment acquisitions be allowed to happen. Both are trending dangerously close to monopolies. At the very least, its setting up cartels. ISPs are buying up content providers and if they get their way to demolish net neturality, they'll be charging out the ass for any entertainment content that isn't owned by them and slowing down speeds for competitors. The media mergers is even worse, making it where giant corporations will control basically every form of news in any one area. Teddy Roosevelt is spinning in his grave.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only 21st Century Fox, the entertainment part of the company. The news and sports sections aren't up for sale.

The FCC is full of shit heads right now. In no way should the media mergers or these entertainment acquisitions be allowed to happen. Both are trending dangerously close to monopolies. At the very least, its setting up cartels. ISPs are buying up content providers and if they get their way to demolish net neturality, they'll be charging out the ass for any entertainment content that isn't owned by them and slowing down speeds for competitors. The media mergers is even worse, making it where giant corporations will control basically every form of news in any one area. Teddy Roosevelt is spinning in his grave.

Does that include the Simpsons?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that include the Simpsons?

Yep. Everything done under the 21st Century Fox banner from movies to tv shows would be sold if a deal goes through

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This gives them the opportunity to start bringing in characters as early as avengers 4

Guesses on which MCU character gets to be the first one to say the word Mutant? Ha jk

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal is expected to be done in a matter of days.

I would expect they will use Scarlett Witch as the primary link. There has been talk that the feel of the movies would change pretty drastically post Avengers 4 anyway, so having her Universe skipping to find her father or to “save” her brother could be a first step.

Jackman has already said he will not do Wolverine again, even in the MCU.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know if I like this... I LOVE the new direction Fox is taking with the X-Men franchise, with smaller and interesting movies including a Horror movie.

I'm not sure Disney would have green-lighted Logan or Deadpool, probably the two best CB movies of the last few years.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for this to happen! Even if Fox did good with spinoffs like Wolverine and Deadpool, they mishandled the core X-Men franchise, and Fantastic Four under Fox has been nothing but disaster after disaster.

X-Men and Fantastic Four under Marvel would be absolutely incredible. And it's not just X-Men and FF themselves, but making the associated characters available for the greater MCU: Doctor Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, the Shi'ar, etc.

This would also have a significant positive effect on the comics themselves, reversing Marvel Comics from their dialing-back of the X-Men and FF due to not wanting to promote studio rivals.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox has done great with their X-Men properties, giving us several great movies and they've absolutely nailed several characters (both Magnetos, both professor Xs, Wolverine, Deadpool, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Raven/Mystique). They've had a couple of misfires, but I can live with the occasional "Wolverine: Origins" if it means that they dare to take chances giving us some truly great movies that don't follow the MCU recipe.

The MCU are pretty great at what they do, but I don't want them to be the only show in town.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MCU are pretty great at what they do, but I don't want them to be the only show in town.

I mean, they wouldn't be, in any case.

The DCEU may be doing poorly right now, but these things are cyclical, and eventually WB is going to put together the right combination of creators to find success again. There have been highly successful DC movies in the past (the Dark Knight trilogy, for example), and WB will get there again.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The DCEU may be doing poorly right now, but these things are cyclical, and eventually WB is going to put together the right combination of creators to find success again. There have been highly successful DC movies in the past (the Dark Knight trilogy, for example), and WB will get there again.
Or Image will give it a try with the Invincible Universe. I could see Invincible alone provide 6 or 7 movies. Then you could add a Robot movie and a Savage Dragon movie or 4.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Image will give it a try with the Invincible Universe. I could see Invincible alone provide 6 or 7 movies. Then you could add a Robot movie and a Savage Dragon movie or 4.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going to go out on a limb and say you know too much comic book type shit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go out on a limb and say you know too much comic book type shit.
Not really.

The only books I have read are TWD, Invincible, Y, and some Buffy. That’s it.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means not only will there be no Disney nor Marvel super hero movies in the future on Netflix.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means not only will there be no Disney nor Marvel super hero movies in the future on Netflix.
That has actually already been determined, but that had nothing to do with this buyout.

Netflix (and HULU) will continue to “broadcast” the shows they currently have, but no new shows will be added. Any new shows will go to Disney’s own streaming site.