• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well...let's talk about 2018

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....I was digging the idea of catching the Iggs in Jax this year. But I kind of knew that was coming.....

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have Tampa. I am hoping the Nashville game is still during warm season so I can catch it.

I swore I saw the Bucs game numerous times as being a home game. This could be even better, even if it does end up being week 2 and 98000 degrees out.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swore I saw the Bucs game numerous times as being a home game. This could be even better, even if it does end up being week 2 and 98000 degrees out.

No its in Tampa. I was excited for all the options this year down south. Was hopeful to see 2 this year (Nashville and Jacksonville) but not going to England lol Tampa is just a biiiiiiiiiit far from Atlanta. Oh well one is better than none like last year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Foles ain't going anywhere which makes me believe Wentz may not be ready or the Eagles are doing the right thing by taking their sweet time bringing him back.
Report: Foles, Eagles agree on revised 1-year deal with mutual 2019 option

Wentz' injury is a one year injury ... it would be a mistake imo to rush him back. I think there is a high possibility that Wentz is held out the first 4 weeks of the season. Yes he is making good progress, but with a backup like Foles you can wait for Wentz to be 100% as opposed to having him get back on the field too early. I think this reworking of the contract serves a double purpose ... it puts more money into Foles' pocket as a reward for his job helping us get a ring, but it also means that he will likely start a few games this season.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz' injury is a one year injury ... it would be a mistake imo to rush him back. I think there is a high possibility that Wentz is held out the first 4 weeks of the season. Yes he is making good progress, but with a backup like Foles you can wait for Wentz to be 100% as opposed to having him get back on the field too early. I think this reworking of the contract serves a double purpose ... it puts more money into Foles' pocket as a reward for his job helping us get a ring, but it also means that he will likely start a few games this season.
Yup. This^^

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, if Howie gets a great deal, Foles could still get traded.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, if Howie gets a great deal, Foles could still get traded.

While nothing is impossible I'd be very surprised if Foles gets moved. With less than a week before the draft it would make no sense to make this move if there were any chance Foles was being traded. The Eagles are built to win now with either Wentz or Foles at the helm ... I think it would take an astronomical offer for Foles in order for the Eagles to trade him; a trade offer that I don't see forthcoming at this point.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While nothing is impossible I'd be very surprised if Foles gets moved. With less than a week before the draft it would make no sense to make this move if there were any chance Foles was being traded. The Eagles are built to win now with either Wentz or Foles at the helm ... I think it would take an astronomical offer for Foles in order for the Eagles to trade him; a trade offer that I don't see forthcoming at this point.

Agree with this. And agree that Wentz should go slow getting back in there. Franchise deserves time to get back up right. In the meantime....in Nick we trust...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the FL Network, James Jones picks the Eagles to go 10-6; Ladainian says 8-8.
We're still underdogs! Lack of respect.
I say 12-4.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading more of the Foles deal it is simply a 2 million raise (reward for the Super Bowl) and incentive language for more money should he end up starting games this year as well as for starts in the post season. The "mutual" agreement for 2019 only goes into effect if "both" parties agree to it. If Foles wants to move on after this season, the agreement does not prevent him from doing so. Keeping him in 2019 is not a "team" option, so this deal does not make it any more attractive for another team who would like to trade for Foles.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz said this week that he’s “really confident” that he’ll be ready to play in the first week of the regular season, but coach Doug Pederson wasn’t interested in naming a specific date he hopes to see Wentz back in action when discussing the quarterback’s knee rehab on Friday.

Pederson said that Wentz is “making progress each day,” but added that it can be a “fine line” when it comes to doing too much too soon as a result. For now, the plan is to just continue the current process for as long as it takes for Wentz to make it all the way back.

“I’m not going to rush him out there. I’m not going to expose him,” Pederson said, via ESPN.com. “He’ll be ready when he’s ready, and when we feel he’s ready. Right now, we’re encouraged with the progress he’s making.”

Wentz has not been cleared to do anything in practice beyond rehab work and throwing the ball, something that is unlikely to change until training camp. His level of participation as August unfolds will give the best idea about his odds of being in the lineup against the Falcons on September 6.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the kid is so hungry and eager to get out there. No one has a better work ethic than he does or seems to work harder. His body will heal in it's own time, but I'm sure he is doing everything he can to help it along.

It's also good to see a coach that understands the bigger picture and won't sacrifice long term needs for a short term game. Compare this to Reid who sent a kicker in 3 times despite falling down in pain.

We have a great coach and a great QB. They are both doing and saying what you would expect from champions. GREAT time to be an eagles fan. :)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to the Dallas game in Dallas in December with a friend who loves the Cowboys.

I keep telling him that I think they are going to suck, and we should hold off on buying tix, but he bought them now so I am going to overpay...

I'm not predicting another SB, but I would be surprised if this team didn't make the playoffs. The Eagles look stacked right now. The draft class looks solid again, and they even have some intriguing undrafted free agents at positions like safety and receiver.

Oh, and they got this guy!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to the Dallas game in Dallas in December with a friend who loves the Cowboys.

I keep telling him that I think they are going to suck, and we should hold off on buying tix, but he bought them now so I am going to overpay...

I'm not predicting another SB, but I would be surprised if this team didn't make the playoffs. The Eagles look stacked right now. The draft class looks solid again, and they even have some intriguing undrafted free agents at positions like safety and receiver.

Oh, and they got this guy!

The running out of the door to the field got an eye brow up....but the loping and twisting run with Sudfeld at the end for warm ups got me geeked up. I know there is a solid enough brace there...but his body language is one of a guy who has tested that knee out and trusts. He will need that for when the live action comes and the full speed of the game. Could help lessen that curve to getting back to full comfort.

I really did not think 9 months ago that he would look like that at camp!

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is young and so very anxious to get out there and lead this team again, go back after the MVP that he was robbed of, and the SB victory he leads stolen from him.... BUT... if he rushes it and his mind is too far ahead of his body... he is going to regret getting hurt again and how much permanent damage and limitations it might do. I know it's hard to be competitively driven and be patient. I doubt many people are capable of both. That's why the coach has to make the hard call and force him to sit "IF" needed. The season will not be decided by the start of the season. It's GREAT that he looks so on target and has maintained the exercise and muscle memory of his throwing techniques. Just please please don't rush it back and get hurt!!!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he is young and so very anxious to get out there and lead this team again, go back after the MVP that he was robbed of, and the SB victory he leads stolen from him.... BUT... if he rushes it and his mind is too far ahead of his body... he is going to regret getting hurt again and how much permanent damage and limitations it might do. I know it's hard to be competitively driven and be patient. I doubt many people are capable of both. That's why the coach has to make the hard call and force him to sit "IF" needed. The season will not be decided by the start of the season. It's GREAT that he looks so on target and has maintained the exercise and muscle memory of his throwing techniques. Just please please don't rush it back and get hurt!!!

Agreed with this fear. However.....I have always seen these evaluations and pacing not on the player (if a player doesn't want to get back fast I don't want him) but on the coaches and training staff.

The question is how much to trust those guys to make the right calls? No matter what there is a chance he is rushed too much, gets hurt and it is worse. Valid fear. Still...relatively speaking....I trust the coaches and training staff on this.