• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 - Home against the Packers

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win here would be huge but a loss doesn't kill us.

I think we have a real chance to take it to GB, it's just a matter of if we can get pressure on Rodgers.

Rise Up

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB missing their top 3 DB's. Julio needs to be fed the ball all game long.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like seeing us go for it again on 4th and 1....

This time it paid off.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant doing what Bryant does.

3-0 Falcons.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win here would be huge but a loss doesn't kill us.

I think we have a real chance to take it to GB, it's just a matter of if we can get pressure on Rodgers.

Rise Up

I think the DEF turn the tide when they finally got out of that zone and went m-t-m...yeah, Rodgers was able to burn them running since the spy was occupied, but they punted more in the 2nd half.

On the winning drive...I thought maybe they scored too quickly, but the DEF did RISE up on the final possession...GB losing that TO late on the injury really took the middle of the field away too.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the DEF turn the tide when they finally got out of that zone and went m-t-m...yeah, Rodgers was able to burn them running since the spy was occupied, but they punted more in the 2nd half.

On the winning drive...I thought maybe they scored too quickly, but the DEF did RISE up on the final possession...GB losing that TO late on the injury really took the middle of the field away too.
That comment kind of irked me by one of the announcers. What else do you want them to do when they're losing, take a knee at the one? You have to go for the touchdown no matter how much time is left on the clock for the other team. Yes, Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback but it's not easy to score touchdowns let alone purposefully milk time off the clock just to ensure Rodgers doesn't have too much time.

We got kind of lucky on 4th down because I think it was Jordy Nelson who fell over and took away an option for Rodgers at the beginning of the play. Overall, the defense played about as good as you can expect them to against Green Bay.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment kind of irked me by one of the announcers. What else do you want them to do when they're losing, take a knee at the one? You have to go for the touchdown no matter how much time is left on the clock for the other team. Yes, Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback but it's not easy to score touchdowns let alone purposefully milk time off the clock just to ensure Rodgers doesn't have too much time.

We got kind of lucky on 4th down because I think it was Jordy Nelson who fell over and took away an option for Rodgers at the beginning of the play. Overall, the defense played about as good as you can expect them to against Green Bay.

You're right Night, take the points whenever you can get them...I thought they could've run the ball once or twice with 2 timeouts in their pocket, but they had GB reeling with the play calling...obviously it was the right move, but a little dangerous with such a good QB on the other side.

Overall, TB game aside, the Falcons are playing pretty well. They get a chance to redeem themselves and also break the traveling team jinx on TNF.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have never understood the 'Scored too Early'. Just score and play defense.

Which we actually did well and held on to the win.

Great win by this team. I know people will say that the Packers are beat up, but every team is, and it's not like we are the Browns, we did just beat the Broncos in Denver and followed that up with a blown call that ended a close game in Seattle.

Win this weekend and I think the divisional race is ours to lose.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have never understood the 'Scored too Early'. Just score and play defense.

Which we actually did well and held on to the win.

Great win by this team. I know people will say that the Packers are beat up, but every team is, and it's not like we are the Browns, we did just beat the Broncos in Denver and followed that up with a blown call that ended a close game in Seattle.

Win this weekend and I think the divisional race is ours to lose.

In this case it was as simple as play DEF.

Closing it out...they really need this game to go 2 up on TB, but if NO wins @ SF they're only 1 back...long way to go yet, but I like ATL chances right now...just pay back TB this week.

@ TB
@ PHI
Bye
AZ
KC
@ LA
SF
@ CAR
NO

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may find a bar in Roswell to go watch the Falcons game Thursday

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case it was as simple as play DEF.

Closing it out...they really need this game to go 2 up on TB, but if NO wins @ SF they're only 1 back...long way to go yet, but I like ATL chances right now...just pay back TB this week.

@ TB
@ PHI
Bye
AZ
KC
@ LA
SF
@ CAR
NO
I think we're through the toughest part of the schedule already. The rest of the season isn't a gimme but I feel like 10 wins isn't out of the question right now. I'm hoping the younger guys on defense will get more comfortable as the season goes on. So far it looks like they are, I'm just hoping it continues.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're through the toughest part of the schedule already. The rest of the season isn't a gimme but I feel like 10 wins isn't out of the question right now. I'm hoping the younger guys on defense will get more comfortable as the season goes on. So far it looks like they are, I'm just hoping it continues.

In terms of the big names, yeah, but I think the next 4 are crucial...for some reason they don't seem to match up well vs TB lately (3 straight losses), and @ PHI will be tough...AZ and KC come here...very capable teams...3-1 over the next 4 would pretty much seal it....overall I think 10 will clinch it.

Jennerpeach24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they can have another 500 yrd game...TB's defense has to be worn out after a short week coming off of getting run over by Oakland.

Mr Sandman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good afternoon fellow Falcons fans, GO FALCONS!!!