• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 vs. Louisiana

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, you win Ragin' Cajuns. You're the University of Louisiana now. I guess I just have to accept it.

I guess I'll start this write-up what will hopefULLy be a brief wrap-up of Idaho's week 4 victory over the United States of America.

This game was a fucking chore to watch. Two lightning delays ensured that this contest lasted almost 7 god damn hours. And if that wasn't frustrating enough, Idaho played most of this game as if they had no interest in winning. A fumble on the first possession followed by a dropped interception (one of many) on the next play and then 3 dropped passes on the next two drives. This is a game that Idaho should have been able to win handily, but constant fuck-ups early on kept USA in the game even though they couldn't throw for shit. Xavier Johnson was the only saving grace for the Jags as he went fULL ham on Idaho with 155 yards and 2 TDs.

Matt Linehan did lead Idaho down the entire field for a game tying TD with 13 seconds left. And Idaho's defense did make a key stop in OT as well as a key stop with less than 2 minutes to go in the fourth to allow the offense to tie the game. However if USA doesn't get two pick-sixes called back due to penalty Idaho is never in that position to win. And if USA doesn't commit a bonehead penalty to nULLify a conversion on third and short with less than 2 minutes to play, Idaho's offense never gets an opportunity to win. And let's face it, Idaho had plenty of calls go their way in this game. It was sort of the opposite of the WMU game officiating wise.

Bottom line: Idaho was lucky to win last week. And the officials in the Sun Belt continue to be the biggest group of shit-sipping numbskULLs on the planet.

That's a pretty negative outlook on a win though. So here's some positives:

1) Duckworth and Saunders both looked awesome. Duck's was a bULLdozer on his TD run and Saunders finished the game really strong when Duck had some issues with the humidity. Should be fun to watch this two-headed monster moving forward.

2) Onunwor and Sannon both had great games. Alfonso being in the lineup really stretches the field and opens things up for Sannon. If Onunwor can just stop dropping the damn ball he could have a great season the rest of the way.

3) Linehan was clutch as hell even though he still holds onto the ball too long.

4) The O-line held up very well. I was impressed with this group.

5) Xavier Johnson had his way with the Idaho D-line but Idaho seemed to get the better of him when it really mattered.

6) Christian Elliss looked a lot like his big bro and had a big pick to set up an Idaho TD

7) The secondary looked sharp with two freshmen in Jalen Hoover and Sedrick Thomas getting a lot of playing time. Denzal Brantley is apparently out for the year with what I can only describe as a fucked up arm. He'll apparently be eligible for a medical redshirt.

8) Cade Coffey hit on all 3 FGs which helped to make up for one badly shanked punt.

Moving onward to this week when the University of Louisiana (and that's it) Ragin' Cajuns come to town for homecoming.

Now, Idaho has had its offensive struggles this year. But if there was ever a game to get shit rolling on offense, this is it. The Cajuns will come to Moscow sporting the third worst FBS defense in terms of yards per game (564) and the worst FBS defense in terms of points per game (53.8). Yikes. That is dreadfULLy bad. They even managed to give up 49 to FCS SE Louisiana and shockingly Texas A&M scored the fewest points on them at 45.

That said, Louisiana is also putting up over 40 ppg which is damn good. The Cajun offense has mostly been lead by Jordan Davis at QB this year however dual-threat QB Andre Nunez got most of the work two weeks ago in a double OT loss to ULM (yeah both teams are coming off painfULLy long games followed by a bye). Idaho seems to always struggle with these dual-threat guys so I would be shocked if UL didn't start Nunez.

The Cajun backfield (like Idaho's) is a two-headed monster with Elijah Mitchell and Trey Ragas both having 4 TDs and both averaging 6.5+ ypc. UL spreads it around well in the passing game but if Nunez does start I imagine they will go with a run first approach which has been Idaho's weakness this year. In order for Idaho to successfULLy shut down the Cajuns they'll need to avoid getting worn out with long drives and the LBs will need to contain Nunez. I feel like the talent is there for Idaho to have a dominating performance if they can get better on grabbing those loose fumbles and completing easy catches on INTs.

On the other side of the ball Idaho just needs to capitalize on this seemingly great match-up. There is no reason Linehan and company shouldn't be able to move the ball up and down the field on UL. If they can control T.O.P. and keep the defense fresh by pounding it with Duck and Saunders it should open up a lot of stuff in the passing game. I suppose that's obvious, but I guess my point it that the running game is really more important for the Vandals in this one despite the experience of Matt at the QB position.

Oh and one more thing. I don't want to see Mason Petrino on the field at all this game. The call to give it to Mason in the wildcast last week on third and short was fucking retarded. I don't want to see that bULLshit anymore. Not when you have Saunders and Duck who are both running like it's a contract year.

Prediction:

I'm sure Idaho will start this game playing like trash as they have all season, but I think they'll get it together and put the Cajuns away in the second half. Take care of the ball and capitalize on a few TOs in this one and I think it's game over for UL. Idaho is -6 this year in TO margin. You can't expect a lot of wins with that kind of a margin.

Idaho 38
UL 28

HopefULLy we don't get a bunch of dULLards for officials this week. The officiating in the last few Idaho games has been awfULLy bad.

Go Vandals.

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As predicted, slow start. But this is slower than I would have possibly imagined against the worst defense in the country. Matt 3/11 for like 20 yards and the Cajuns are running about three different plays on offense that all seem to work every time. Thank god for that one awesome pick by Hoover. Sure hope they finish strong or else this is going to be an ugly second half.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. This is over. How unfathomably terrible do you have to be on offense to struggle this badly against the worst defense in the country? How the hell did Idaho manage to win a game at all this year? Wow.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 points against the worst defense in the country. And they STILL should have won after the defense tried to carry the team the entire second half. Onunwor with a HUGE dropped TD at the end. Pathetic. They might not even win 4 this year.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bad drop. He had it. Cajuns coach is in better shape than his players