• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: Redskins @ Giants

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 TDs and 3 INTs eh. I didn't watch the game. Was it really that bad?

RK came on strong the last 2 games to finish up the year with 13 sacks. That should be good for a top ten finish.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Stymie would you resign Breeland this offseason? I've been unsure about if the skins want to use this money elsewhere and start Fuller or Dunbar. Crabtree and Watkins are also available.

Yeah, I would resign him dependent on contract terms. To be honest, a lot of folks want to blame our DB's for too much of what ails our defense. A much better pass rush makes any defensive backfield look good. Our problems are more inside out than the other way around.

That said, our issues at safety continue.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 TDs and 3 INTs eh. I didn't watch the game. Was it really that bad?

RK came on strong the last 2 games to finish up the year with 13 sacks. That should be good for a top ten finish.

Yeah it was really that bad, in fact it was sort of like that movie 3 amigos. Difficult to watch, and hard to see it through to the end.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the type of game some "Fans" were hoping Kirk would have to close out the season. It leaves us in prime position to do something exciting in the draft.

Could not have worked out better.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are a 3 win team without KC despite this game

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are a 3 win team without KC despite this game

The only way this works out better for the winning off the field acolytes is if the first words out of Kirks mouth are, it wasnt my fault and I cant wait to leave.

We are in prime position to make a move in the draft, and some fans will rejoice at this outcome.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the season is over, I'm officially on the Bruce Allen gets fired watch. We can talk about this move or that signing but, none of it matters, if Allen is still GM and team President.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good think this wasn’t for a playoff berth, I don’t think even Skinsdad or Shark would be clamoring to sign KC to a LTD right at this moment. Play was bad all around but Kirk is so inconsistent at times...hot and cold....

Not sure how to approach this off-season and the future of this team. The team was badly beat up so it’s rather hard to evaluate. Kirk had a very very good season, but it is still not a no brainercdecision to give him the richest contract in NFL history.

Serious question, Someone remind me how many years we would be on the hook before we could dump KC. 3 years??? Something like that?

Did you see the stat they put up today during the game. In his three years as a starter Cousin's is rated 3rd behind Brady and Brees among all QBs. :trash: I would have signed him 5 minutes after the game and I bet dad and shark would have too.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good think this wasn’t for a playoff berth, I don’t think even Skinsdad or Shark would be clamoring to sign KC to a LTD right at this moment. Play was bad all around but Kirk is so inconsistent at times...hot and cold....

Not sure how to approach this off-season and the future of this team. The team was badly beat up so it’s rather hard to evaluate. Kirk had a very very good season, but it is still not a no brainercdecision to give him the richest contract in NFL history.

Serious question, Someone remind me how many years we would be on the hook before we could dump KC. 3 years??? Something like that?

Probably three years. But thats three years we SHOULD be able to use the draft to address things like the defense that is giving up 350+ yards per game, or the run game that got us a whooping 50 Yards on the ground today.

But never fear. We are in the perfect spot to not sign Kirk. Some one might slip in the draft.. and if not we are in a position to trade up and continue Redskins football. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the season is over, I'm officially on the Bruce Allen gets fired watch. We can talk about this move or that signing but, none of it matters, if Allen is still GM and team President.

The odds of Bruce getting fired are slim and none...

And Slim died of an eating disorder last off season.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be shocking. I'd be all for it, but it would be shocking,

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would resign him dependent on contract terms. To be honest, a lot of folks want to blame our DB's for too much of what ails our defense. A much better pass rush makes any defensive backfield look good. Our problems are more inside out than the other way around.

That said, our issues at safety continue.

Yeah, we are weak up the middle throughout the defense. Interior line, interior LB, safety. Of the 3, interior line is the biggest issue, with safety next and the longest running issue, but both need help, considerable help really. The ILBs would be OK with a good int line in front of them and that would help the safeties. Which is why I hope we focus on that first n foremost. Unfortunately, we also need at least 1 RB and WR, possibly 2 pass catchers as Reed can't be depended on to last a season.

And that's if we retain Kirk.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of Bruce getting fired are slim and none...

And Slim died of an eating disorder last off season.

Poor ole' Slim, I guess we'll have to depend on that None fella then!:D

I know that the odds are against it, but since Snyder has owned the team all that they've ever sold us is hope. So maybe a fan generated movement will get him to do this.

"FIRE BRUCE!"...."FIRE BRUCE!"...."FIRE BRUCE!"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we are weak up the middle throughout the defense. Interior line, interior LB, safety. Of the 3, interior line is the biggest issue, with safety next and the longest running issue, but both need help, considerable help really. The ILBs would be OK with a good int line in front of them and that would help the safeties. Which is why I hope we focus on that first n foremost. Unfortunately, we also need at least 1 RB and WR, possibly 2 pass catchers as Reed can't be depended on to last a season.

Totally agree, in fact we are woefully slow at linebacker (Brown excepted). The safety issues were around when Shawn Taylor was here, just not at his spot. It has not been properly addressed during that time or, since his passing created another hole there.

Defense wins championships and a lot of games getting there!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think we are that weak up the middle, when healthy. The problem with this season, we were never healthy once Allen went down. Our defense was totally different after his injury.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, in fact we are woefully slow at linebacker (Brown excepted). The safety issues were around when Shawn Taylor was here, just not at his spot. It has not been properly addressed during that time or, since his passing created another hole there.

Defense wins championships and a lot of games getting there!

Martrell Spraight(sp) isn't slow either but he's injured more than Jordan Reed is it seems. Sean Taylor and Ryan Clark would've been great as a safety duo. Letting Clark go was idiotic, but that was then and now we need a cover safety in the worst way.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martrell Spraight(sp) isn't slow either but he's injured more than Jordan Reed is it seems. Sean Taylor and Ryan Clark would've been great as a safety duo. Letting Clark go was idiotic, but that was then and now we need a cover safety in the worst way.

Ryan Clark was to short, to small, and not fast enough. Who cares that he was a good tackling, solid in coverage, and good angled safety?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clark was to short, to small, and not fast enough. Who cares that he was a good tackling, solid in coverage, and good angled safety?
MK_FlawlessVictory.jpg