• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watch us lose to the Raiders this week

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game. They looked good against SD last week... game's in Oakland. Just watch it happen. I'd lol pretty hard since it's just our luck.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't LOL at all. I'd be flat out pissed. We need to maintain this one game lead over Seattle and San Francisco.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't LOL at all. I'd be flat out pissed. We need to maintain this one game lead over Seattle and San Francisco.

Every year there's a game we're supposed to win that we drop. It's just gotten comical to me at this point. Really hope it doesn't happen, but this one fits the profile for the Cardinals being the Cardinals of old and blowing it.

This is an absolute must-win. If we lose then you can kiss the playoffs goodbye... I promise you that. My expectations have been tempered after the last couple weeks with injuries and poor play. We're lucky that the Redskins are really, REALLY bad.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is indeed a must-win game. Fortunately, we should be getting Calais back next week. We will definitely need him for the following game when Cards host the Eagles.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say playoffs are done if we lose, but agree it's a game you just have to win and it would be typical Cards to lose it. But Arians has done enough to make me think this is not the old Cards. Fingers crossed!

While the Raiders looked great last week (offensively), it's still the Raiders. That performance is more likely a fluke than a sign that they've righted the ship.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raider game is scary. They almost took out the Chargers and they look quite different from what the did at the beginning of the season. We should beat them....

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you!! Don't say that shit mannnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Trap game my ass. You guys have been watching the media too much & slurping up the Kool-aid they've been serving.

The Chargers game for the Raiders was a one-off game for the following reasons:
-First game under a new HC. So there was more energy & inspiration to win the game for him.
-Played a rival at home.
-SD didn't blitz nearly as much as they should have against the rookie Carr.

Considering that both Calmer & 'The Hulk' are making their first return to Oak, I think the Cardinals will be fine. Oak is the 2nd worst offense in the NFL & ranks in the bottom 3rd for defenses. And 29th against the run, which makes me think Ellington is going to have a big day.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't lose to the Raiders. We just can't. Raiders fans, who are arguably the dumbest and most degenerate in the NFL, will be acting like the won the Super Bowl.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to relax. Arians, Bowles and company will make sure the team is prepared. If we play like we have been, we will win.

BTW- I was listening to MJ's show yesterday and he was saying the Cardinals had the 31st ranked pass defense. I knew we were "not great" in that category, but the worst??

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is overreacting! This is the farthest thing from a trap game but I wouldn't start looking to the eagles game just yet. Any given Sunday as they say...

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to relax. Arians, Bowles and company will make sure the team is prepared. If we play like we have been, we will win.

BTW- I was listening to MJ's show yesterday and he was saying the Cardinals had the 31st ranked pass defense. I knew we were "not great" in that category, but the worst??

The reason for this is rooted in Denver. With all the injuries & the scheme we use, we have been giving up a lot of passing yards between the 20s. PP & Cro have taken turns having a really bad game the last 2 weeks. Plus we have played teams number 4, 5, & 6 in passing.

Mainly, it's a style thing. Stopping the run & forcing teams to dink & dunk down the field is mainly what they do, outside of Denver & the 2 DJ pass plays that is.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for this is rooted in Denver. With all the injuries & the scheme we use, we have been giving up a lot of passing yards between the 20s. PP & Cro have taken turns having a really bad game the last 2 weeks. Plus we have played teams number 4, 5, & 6 in passing.

Mainly, it's a style thing. Stopping the run & forcing teams to dink & dunk down the field is mainly what they do, outside of Denver & the 2 DJ pass plays that is.

We haven't been beat over the top much. It seems like little screen passes and yac are whats killing us. I know we play more man coverage than any other team in the league as well. So we are asking our corners to do a lot more than most.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remain-calm-all-is-well-o.gif

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping PP and Fitz start earning their contract sometime this year. Fitz did last week, but he has a ways to go after being close to useless the other four games. PP has yet to have a great game, and more than a few straight bad ones.

Percy Harvin is gone!!! He was the one WR that could scare you. What they have left is a joke at WR.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping PP and Fitz start earning their contract sometime this year. Fitz did last week, but he has a ways to go after being close to useless the other four games. PP has yet to have a great game, and more than a few straight bad ones.

Percy Harvin is gone!!! He was the one WR that could scare you. What they have left is a joke at WR.

Fitz has earned his contract. He put up HoF numbers & playoff records while leading the Cardinals to the SB. And then he resigned with the team after Warner retired & there was no answer in sight at QB for this team. Plus the guy does so much for the community.

PP is still on his rookie contract & is only making $888k this season in base salary. Now if he continues to struggle next season, then we can talk about him not earning his money.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmers just needs to stay healthy and we need to learn how to finish drives instead of settling for FG's.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea what compelled them to get rid of the second best offensive weapon. That trade just doesn't make sense in football terms...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz earned his contract due to his past play. I guess I should rephrase...he needs to now play to the level of what he is getting paid. I think we'd all agree he didn't get that money to not be a big contributor half the season. Contracts are as much about what people of expect of you in the future as they are what you've done in the past to earn them.