• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes - body bag game

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article - vikes have 6 players injured in preseason game - several for the season

Many were thinking that the Vikings might be like the eagles this year, and are ready for a SB run. Vike fans cannot be happy having so many injuries, Cousins playing so poorly and their RB unable to secure the ball. Just a preseason game - but when the lone bright spot is at the 3rd RB position and your hope'n for a SB run - I would still be concerned.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not claiming the Vikes are going to win the Superbowl this year, and I remain skeptical that they'll be able to closely replicate last year's regular season success.

That said, you're putting an awful lot of stock in a preseason game and injuries that were primarily to guys who were fighting for roster spots. But by all means, I welcome anyone to bash them and make them underdogs with something to prove rather than crowning them paper champions.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked and most of the guys injured were backups and scrubs, no?

I think the Vikings are going to be formidable.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this as “much ado”. Yes, six injuries sucks no matter what. But it felt more than it was used to support the “get rid of the preseason” argument that flares this time of year since six injuries on one team makes for awesome optics on the issue. And a solid headline.

I am actually in favor of no official preseason. That said....this one didn’t make me even more rabid to see the preseason abolished.