• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV Basketball

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that Karl has the upper hand with Menzies waiting in the wing...Karl has the best shot. Menzies sucks. Sure NMSU wins games against shit team year after year and they get knocked out of the big dance every year.

Which do you want ??

Also, i see all current recruits that signed getting the fuck outta there while they can.

Remember, this all started with fans complaining about Rice sucking and needing to be fired. That equals this implosion for UNLV basketball. Lesson learned? Be careful what ya wish for cause you never truly know what the out come will result in.
No it started with Rice getting progressively worse as the seasons went on. They missed the tourney consecutively, and then the final straw was going 0-3 in conference play. I was the biggest rice supporter and tried to be patient, but he was a great recruiter, and a shit coach.
I am thoroughly disappointed in the program, but you don't K of the history of you are blaming fans for Rice being fired. He knew he had to perform, and failed.
[

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it started with Rice getting progressively worse as the seasons went on. They missed the tourney consecutively, and then the final straw was going 0-3 in conference play. I was the biggest rice supporter and tried to be patient, but he was a great recruiter, and a shit coach.
I am thoroughly disappointed in the program, but you don't K of the history of you are blaming fans for Rice being fired. He knew he had to perform, and failed.
[
Exactly.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that Karl has the upper hand with Menzies waiting in the wing...Karl has the best shot. Menzies sucks. Sure NMSU wins games against shit team year after year and they get knocked out of the big dance every year.

Which do you want ??

Also, i see all current recruits that signed getting the fuck outta there while they can.

Remember, this all started with fans complaining about Rice sucking and needing to be fired. That equals this implosion for UNLV basketball. Lesson learned? Be careful what ya wish for cause you never truly know what the out come will result in.
I didnt want either one. Menzies is one of the only guys that made me cringe from the first time I had heard he was a candidate. Karl is no prize at this stage of his career, and the only up side of him coming here, woul dhave been to possibly groom Augmon to be a head coach. The idea of Karl coming here to be his last stopping point on the way out is not appealing to me in anyway.

I have little to no faith in Menzies, and with all the players leaving, (except Dwayne Morgan, yippee) he will have littl or nothing to work with.

I am sick about the entire program, the hiring process, and absolute incompetence of the administration to land the right guy for the job. They had time, they had some resources from boosters for certain guys, and they completely fucked everything up. The President even took on much of the responsibility for the hiring this time around, as TKM has been bungling things up with hiring and coaches extensions lately. So they should all be replace in my opinion.

I can see myself at more Football games than basketball games this year, and that would be a first.

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news up here in Reno. Coach Rice has been spotted inside our school 2 days straight. Rumor has it he will be a "volunteer" assistant coach under Coach Muss. I called this a few weeks ago lol.

He will still get that million from UNLV and he can recruit for Nevada and give the finger to the Rebels. Times are strange my friends.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news up here in Reno. Coach Rice has been spotted inside our school 2 days straight. Rumor has it he will be a "volunteer" assistant coach under Coach Muss. I called this a few weeks ago lol.

He will still get that million from UNLV and he can recruit for Nevada and give the finger to the Rebels. Times are strange my friends.

Don't worry about it, I'm not. I dont see Muss being around much longer, he will get an offer from someone that we all know UNR can't match, then Rice can just step in take over.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, I told you I was sorry, and and I did send a care package of hair products to you?
ddzzD.gif

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to expect outta the Runnin' Rebels this year but I'm hoping for the best.

U-N-L-V...GO/FIGHT/WIN!!!

Yeah it could be a loooonnnnnnggggg season, or they play above them selves and bitch slap some teams!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it could be a loooonnnnnnggggg season, or they play above them selves and bitch slap some teams!

It's gonna be weird seeing Rice on the Reno bench. That traitor should give back his national title ring! And yeah, it's gonna be a long season unfortunately.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even looking at wins this year. Just looking for improvement and recruiting.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be weird seeing Rice on the Reno bench. That traitor should give back his national title ring! And yeah, it's gonna be a long season unfortunately.

They fired him so we cant call him a traitor... ( I can't believe I stuck for a guy I couldn't stand)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fired him so we cant call him a traitor... ( I can't believe I stuck for a guy I couldn't stand)

I'm just glad Rice is gone. Was never a fan of his.