• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unexpected Player that Make Huge Impact in 2018

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see him show much in the preseason game. Where did you see it lately?

A couple of things he did that stood out to me.

He made a one handed catch in practice that was just out standing. He picked up an assignment where he took his guy out of the play and the runner got another 10. Those were in practice. Go to his twitter and you can catch the vids.

And then in the game he blocked down and helped get the TD on the goal line. Did his job well.

I said in one of the other threads that I was down on him but he is putting me back in his favor.

Check out his twitter and look at the one hander. Can not defend that play.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things he did that stood out to me.

He made a one handed catch in practice that was just out standing. He picked up an assignment where he took his guy out of the play and the runner got another 10. Those were in practice. Go to his twitter and you can catch the vids.

And then in the game he blocked down and helped get the TD on the goal line. Did his job well.

I said in one of the other threads that I was down on him but he is putting me back in his favor.

Check out his twitter and look at the one hander. Can not defend that play.

That is not much. LOL When he starts catching touchdowns and getting first downs, then I will be impressed.

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see him show much in the preseason game. Where did you see it lately?

Gathers was not given hardly any opportunity in the preseason game. The coaching staff has to let him on the field...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gathers was not given hardly any opportunity in the preseason game. The coaching staff has to let him on the field...
He has to earn it. Nothing is given.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gathers will be cut IMO.
I think he may do enough in the preseason games to earn a spot on the 53 based on what we saw of him last year. BUT,,,admittedly it could go either way

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to earn it. Nothing is given.

Did you ever play football? Honest question....

Gathers didn't miss a practice leading up to game 1, and by many accounts had a pretty good week of practice. Dalton Shultz missed a good portion of the week leading up to the game, and is a rookie, yet still got double the snaps as Gathers. Gathers earned it, but was not rewarded.

In football I was always taught if you don't practice you're not suppose to play, or at least not receive preferential treatment over someone who did - especially when we are talking about a 4th round rookie versus a 3rd year man. Now I know this is the NFL and not high school ball , but don't talk to me about earning it because based on the info you and I have access to, Gathers earned more snaps than he received. There is more at play here than a meritocracy, you should be used to this type of stuff having been a Cowboy fan for so long.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gathers makes the team. If they go with 3 TEs o think they try to Schultz onto the PS.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever play football? Honest question....

Gathers didn't miss a practice leading up to game 1, and by many accounts had a pretty good week of practice. Dalton Shultz missed a good portion of the week leading up to the game, and is a rookie, yet still got double the snaps as Gathers. Gathers earned it, but was not rewarded.

In football I was always taught if you don't practice you're not suppose to play, or at least not receive preferential treatment over someone who did - especially when we are talking about a 4th round rookie versus a 3rd year man. Now I know this is the NFL and not high school ball , but don't talk to me about earning it because based on the info you and I have access to, Gathers earned more snaps than he received. There is more at play here than a meritocracy, you should be used to this type of stuff having been a Cowboy fan for so long.
I think you are completely blowing the Rico versus Schultz snaps out of proportion. One guy is clearly in their plans going forward and they want to see him. The other, we hope he is, but we just don't know. And if I recall Schultz was back at practice well before the game. I don't know how long he was out, but when he left it was still July. Our game was August 9th. It's not like he showed up again that morning.

On the earning it comment. It isn't about just the last week it's about earning it every day and it may not be as much about making one nice catch as it is sticking your nose in and blocking every play and knowing the offense. Maybe Rico has improved on those and maybe he has not, but I'm not one to take the writers comments on it. While it may change from day to day, we all know the depth chart right now has Rico at 4. Why would we expect the PT to not match that?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't a good vet safety just get released? Someone who is not earl? Wouldn't have to give up a ton to get him and it would give us a year to snag earl when he does hit free.

Yeah. The cat from Cincinnati. I know nothing about the dude beyond him being a financial casualty.

Paraphrasing Starship Troopers - I’d like to know more.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Rico has made a huge impact on this team, in an unexpected way.