• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unexpected Player that Make Huge Impact in 2018

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a TE to step up for sure and I like Blake but I also like Dalton. I would like to see this position battle and may the best win.
I'm gonna say it...I'm gonna say it...

Don't count out Rico just yet!!!

A lot of what we have read has been negative, but Week 1 is a long way off and I'm hoping he forces his way onto the team, the game day roster and even earns some snaps. I do think he has an uphill battle, but who knows. Right now I think he is on the wrong side of the cut, but injuries will happen during camp and even if not he'll get a lot of preseason snaps to fight for a spot.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say it...I'm gonna say it...

Don't count out Rico just yet!!!

A lot of what we have read has been negative, but Week 1 is a long way off and I'm hoping he forces his way onto the team, the game day roster and even earns some snaps. I do think he has an uphill battle, but who knows. Right now I think he is on the wrong side of the cut, but injuries will happen during camp and even if not he'll get a lot of preseason snaps to fight for a spot.

How many do we keep. Gotta keep Swaim around, right? Do any of the younger guys play ST? We may not have current stars but we have depth at this position.

I am rooting for Rico, BTW.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely don't count Rico out! I think he makes the team and at some point turns into a contributor in the passing game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a flier on Anthony Miller at the ends of all your drafts. No one can cover the guy in training camp. You’ll thank me later.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a fantasy football thread. I clicked on it from the opening page feed. Sorry.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Menards should be quite the addition

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many do we keep. Gotta keep Swaim around, right? Do any of the younger guys play ST? We may not have current stars but we have depth at this position.

I am rooting for Rico, BTW.
Right now that is the question that holds Rico's future in it. Sans injury it would be incredibly surprising for us to cut any of the "top 3" IMO. He needs to force his way onto the roster as #4 which we have done before (started one year with 5). The reason I say he has an "uphill battle" is because he doesn't really do anything well other than being a bit of a mismatch in the passing game. Not STs, not blocking, not route running, doesn't know the Offense or his assignments well enough and even his hands aren't great. All of these negatives were based on prior years and he is very young and new to Football so he gets to show he has improved and hopefully he will with more practices. The biggest plus for him is that if he has a good camp, there really isn't anyone expected to make the team over him at TE and it would be hard for the team to cut him. If he has a good camp it will be him versus the number we keep.:2cents:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now that is the question that holds Rico's future in it. Sans injury it would be incredibly surprising for us to cut any of the "top 3" IMO. He needs to force his way onto the roster as #4 which we have done before (started one year with 5). The reason I say he has an "uphill battle" is because he doesn't really do anything well other than being a bit of a mismatch in the passing game. Not STs, not blocking, not route running, doesn't know the Offense or his assignments well enough and even his hands aren't great. All of these negatives were based on prior years and he is very young and new to Football so he gets to show he has improved and hopefully he will with more practices. The biggest plus for him is that if he has a good camp, there really isn't anyone expected to make the team over him at TE and it would be hard for the team to cut him. If he has a good camp it will be him versus the number we keep.:2cents:

Early in camp but.......

While watching one of the vids he looked like his route running was lazy. Ball under thrown and he did not make a good adjustment or come back strong to the ball. I just don't think he "sees" what to do yet. JMHO. I hope the new WR coach can help him with this.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Collins completely own Taco, I’m having doubts already.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Collins completely own Taco, I’m having doubts already.
I have been a little less high on Taco than most , but to be fair, how many plays are you basing this on? A pass rusher that wins once every 70 plays can end up in the HOF

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a little less high on Taco than most , but to be fair, how many plays are you basing this on? A pass rusher that wins once every 70 plays can end up in the HOF

I am trying to stay off the negativity for Taco but being a #1 I want this year to be him living up to that draft spot. He did come on last year at the end.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's unexpected or not, by I expect Jaylon yo ne the top 10 player he was supposed to be.
Boy, that would be unexpected and a great boost to this team. It wasn't just the movement that we can attribute to the injury that was not great last year. I was disappointed with his instincts. I expected the instincts and vision to be a whole lot better than we saw. To me Smith is a guy we need to see in a game. We keep hearing he looks better and quicker than last year, but not loud enough IMO yet. Still plenty of time for him to show he is 100%. I think the pass rushing role may help him a little this year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, that would be unexpected and a great boost to this team. It wasn't just the movement that we can attribute to the injury that was not great last year. I was disappointed with his instincts. I expected the instincts and vision to be a whole lot better than we saw. To me Smith is a guy we need to see in a game. We keep hearing he looks better and quicker than last year, but not loud enough IMO yet. Still plenty of time for him to show he is 100%. I think the pass rushing role may help him a little this year.
I think the injury also messed with his mind. You can't have that kind of injury and just forget about, especially with that brace on always reminding you. I think as he makes it through each practice sans the brace he will gain confidence, helping to clear his mind allowing to play more naturally.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to stay off the negativity for Taco but being a #1 I want this year to be him living up to that draft spot. He did come on last year at the end.
To clarify: When I say a little less high, I feel like when people were so down on him last year that I was actually higher on him than most seemed. I am never one to expect too much year from a draft pick and I was fine that he didn't contribute as much as we "hoped" and expected improvement year 2. But right now it seems like some (not all) are assuming or hoping for a huge leap forward. I expect him to be better, but I'm not sure I expect that huge leap that many seem to be writing about and talking about and part of this is due to the number of players that will be competing for snaps and the rotating we will do on the DL which will likely keep his stats down. In a month I think we will all have a much better idea. I am not saying I think he won't or can't be a good player. So perhaps my wording should have been I'm a little more cautious about expecting him to earn that first round status this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the injury also messed with his mind. You can't have that kind of injury and just forget about, especially with that brace on always reminding you. I think as he makes it through each practice sans the brace he will gain confidence, helping to clear his mind allowing to play more naturally.
Yes, I agree with this

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a big believer in this. Any injury, especially one as severe as his, it distracts you. You're now thinking about that instead of instinctively doing things. You're thinking about how you plant your foot, you're thinking about how you turn your body etc. It may only be a split second thought but that's really all it takes to be off in this game.

Now hopefully the injury is behind him. Now instead of spending the off-season revovering and rehabbing he's getting in game shape, he can focus more on the mental parts of the game.