1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ufc 226

Discussion in 'MMA Mixed Martial Arts Forum' started by podsox, Jul 2, 2018.

1. podsox

podsox Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

He fought Diaz the first time because rda backed out 10 days before their title fight. And they rematched because conor lost. Both fights were fantastic too. The conor now is annoying though

2. Scapegoat

Scapegoat The iron never lies

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 500

I didn't mean they were bad fights. I'm just saying that the title holder should be defending the belt. If that isn't going to happen then do away with the ranking system and just match fights for the biggest PPV.

3. wildturkey

wildturkey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 30,600

I don't know what it was but both guys seemed gassed or off their game. Most of the fight was just them two circling with brief periods of drunken punches and kicks going both ways before Stipe got caught with one and down he went. But it was no where close to that shitfest the Ngannou/Lewis fight was.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OregonDucks

OregonDucks Oregon Is Faster

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

Am I missing something? ESPN headline about Cormier's win is, "Daniel Cormier's magical moment tarnished by Brock Lesnar" and "Cormier confronted by Lesnar after UFC 226 win" …….

I guess I am asking, with those headlines, if I missed something prior to Cormier being the one who called out Lesnar after his win? Was Lesnar talking trash prior to this fight? Did he say something at the start of the PPV about Cormier? What I saw was Cormier winning and then being the one calling out Lesnar. Yet ESPN makes it sound like Lesnar was the one who started all this.

I am with one of the above posters that if the UFC is going to continue these WWE hyped storylines, then go away with the ranking system. Or simply, with the ranking system create a storyline between the champion and the #1 contender. Last nights deal with Cormier and Lesnar was maybe the most obviously staged set up I've seen from the UFC. First, Cormier almost sounds friendly "calling" Lesnar out, like they are buddies, then Lesnar enters the octagon smiling and suddenly pushes Cormier. Then it is all smiles and almost laughs from everyone involved.

I get it...…..storylines drive sales and make you money, but if you are going to go down that route, then at least be good at it and make it seem believable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Old Lion

Old Lion Trump Lion in the white house, Old Lion is back.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I like DC actually and yes he should beat Brock easily. Just think Stipe finally getting paid made a difference here. He fought like he did not care IMO.

6. DarthVedder

DarthVedder Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

He's always complained about money, and he knew that the winner go to fight against Lesnar, a huge money fight. I think he cared, and actually he was fighting well and even had a take down against a great wrestler.

I always liked Stipe, and I hope he gets that belt back once the circus ends.

7. CitySushi

CitySushi Hoopla Basketball Strategist

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 12,258

I don't get the hate on DC. I personally think he's a really likeable guy. He's absolutely great at commentary that's for sure.

But for the fight itself, I didn't catch it but seems like he had much more power in his hands not being depleted. Sucks because I also like Stipe as a fighter as well.

I think what happens is Brock will be the last fight in DC's career (barring something ridiculous happening with Jon Jones). That will be the big pay-day for DC and after that he can vacate his belts. Once he does it should be right around the time we'll see Cain stepping back into the octagon. Makes perfect sense, timing-wise.

Brock is also I think a really tough matchup for DC. DC has the edge on striking, but Brock is a really accomplished wrestler.

8. wildturkey

wildturkey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 30,600

DC just needs to make the fight go the distance. Brock's cardio is straight up garbage. Granted its pro wrestling (it's still physical), he's been getting winded and turning beet red within 4 minutes of action and he's barely doing anything to warrant such exhaustion. Even with getting back into MMA shape with a full camp, I can't imagine his cardio improving that much to where he could go a full 5 rounds. It's just hard for me to wrap my mind around going from "completely exhausted 2 minutes into a low stress pro wrestling match" to "I can go a full 5 rounds against an all time fighter". Plus, Brock's last couple of MMA fights weren't all that good either.

• Like Like x 1