• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Atlanta metro area football stars commit to Mizzou

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Atlanta’s top uncommitted prospects are headed to an SEC East school
Nate Brown, a 3-star wide receiver from North Gwinnett High School, pledged to Missouri over Vanderbilt on Tuesday evening.
A couple of hours later, Thomas Wilson, a 3-star cornerback from Buford High School, picked Missouri over UNC and West Virginia.
There was a connection there, as Brown and Wilson played on the same youth football team while in middle school. The two remained good friends while attending different high schools, and had talked about reuniting in college. Both were offered by several of the same schools, including Georgia Tech.
“I took an official visit up there to Missouri a few weeks ago,” Brown told the AJC. “He (Wilson) asked how it was. I told him I had a blast up there. The way they run their offense and that sort of thing, I told him that he would probably be a good fit, given he can play offense or defense.
“He already had Missouri as one of the top schools. I told him to get on the phone with the coaches, because I was already considering committing there, too. But that was just another plus for me, having him come on board, too.
“I don’t know if I had any influence on his decision or not, but he was pretty serious about Missouri before I told him how my visit went.”
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Wilson admitted he was impacted after hearing about Brown’s commitment.
“Kinda, sorta,” Wilson said. “I was already thinking about committing. When I heard about Nate, it made me think about it more. After thinking about for a while, then I thought it was a good idea to go ahead and do it.”
Why Missouri? “I felt like it was the right place for me,” Wilson said. “I love all the coaches there. It just felt right.”
Wilson has a twin brother, Terrance Wilson, who plays safety at Buford. Their father played football at Florida State. The twins had dreams about playing in college together but only one college (Georgia State) had offered both. Thomas said his brother supported his choice of Missouri.
“He understands, and my parents understand,” Thomas said. “Terrance was happy for me.”
Back to Nate Brown: It was an easy call for Missouri: “When I went down there on a visit, I didn’t go to Missouri with that high of expectations. The hospitality down there is amazing, from the coaching staff, the fans, and the players. They are real welcoming. They always do things the right way. You don’t hear about too many suspensions and that sort of thing coming out of Missouri. The coaches seem down-to-earth, and that they are there to improve the football program. Lastly, their Business program is top 25 in the country, and that’s something I want to continue to study.
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Brown caught four touchdown passes in last Friday’s win over Norcross

-ajc.com

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cause they suck....

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody lives here.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are at least 6 Mizzou fans on this board but no one posts here.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did post in here before......but realized I was talking only to myself