• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trumbo Traded to Mariners

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on my way home, almost there. I will post details when I find them. This just popped up on my twitter feed.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I had a feeling this was coming soon. Stewart is such liar...

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabby Guerrero OF #5 Mainers' prospect.

HIT POWER RANGE ARM RUN OFP
35/45 50/60 50/50 65/65 50/50 51.0

Guerrero is one of the more intriguing hitting prospects in all of baseball, both due to his lineage — his uncle Vladimir is a former MVP and perhaps future Hall of Famer and another uncle, Wilton, was also a major leaguer back in the 90s — and the raw power displayed in batting practice.

Guerrero, 21, generates big-time bat speed with a power swing plane and above-average hand-eye coordination that ultimately should help him keep the swings and misses to a minimum. He will expand the strike zone frequently, however — sound familiar? — and in order to take the next step toward the majors will have to avoid giving away strikes as a result of his aggressiveness.

He recognizes pitches well enough for a player of his experience levels but the aforementioned aggression nullifies his skill of picking up the spin of the baseball and reacting to it accordingly. He does square up the fastball well and when he isn’t pressing he handles the two-strike count, showing an ability to go the other way.

Defensively, Guerrero has solid instincts in right field and one of the better throwing arm in the organization. He’s athletic, especially for a player 6-foot-3 and just over 200 pounds who has been big for his age since he became a teenager, and takes good routes, making up for his longer strides that produce fringe-average jumps.

Guerrero remains a bit raw but he’s going to be tested this season in the Double-A Southern League, where the production can more easily be reconciled in combination with the scouting eye to assess how well his physical tools are developing into skills. The power showed up last year in the California League and if it does again in Jackson without sacrificing batting average and on-base percentage, Guerrero’s status will take quite a leap up the prospect latter.

If the right-handed hitting Guerrero can become more selective, all of the above becomes that much more likely, and his overall future value kicks up a full grade from average to above-average regular to multi-time all-star and potential superstar. His crude approach poses heavy risk to that kind of upside, however, which is why Guerrero remains a solid talent of intrigue rather than a blue-chip power hitter.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Reinheimer SS/2B #14 Mariners' prospect.

Reinheimer can handle shortstop and makes consistent contact at the plate. He’s an above-average runner, a solid base stealer and handles the bat well on bunts and hit-and-run calls. I don’t buy the bat long term, however, and Reinheimer’s swing plane and lack of bat speed — due to strength in his arms, wrists and hands — suggests a reserve at best at the highest level. The East Carolina product has an average but accurate arm and his defensive instincts are solid. Reinheimer’s only chance to change his profile is to change his physical makeup in terms of strength.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all saw it coming. Tomas has really started to progress and no way they were going to trade pollock/inciarte/peralta.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. So happy they traded Trumbo. Frees up playing time on this team for the players that should be playing. I am curious to see if they make any other moves. I still believe they need to acquire a proven ace and a closer.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Trumbo I hated playing here. Never saw him smile once or even look close to ever enjoying himself. Watch him crush it on the Mariners.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gabby Guerrero is a good prospect but we are still crowded in the OF especially with Chip saying Tomas may see time there. He'll probably end up as trade bait... Sigh

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this deal. We potentially filled immediate needs in acquiring a catcher & BP arm while also netting us a good prospect & a young upper farm middle infielder prospect. The later was sorely needed after Owings, Ahmed, & Lamb were called up in the last year or so.

Guerrero is 2+ years out. He is only 21 & won't turn 22 till December. He is still raw but has plenty of time to harness his power.

Reinheimer will likely be a utility guy if he makes it to MLB. With Pennington & Hill likely gone during or after this season, there will be a spot on the bench for him in 2016 if he can hit.

Leone had a great season last year, his rookie year. He has struggled at the outset of this season. Only 23 & could easily turn it around. I would say he is at least as good as Nuno, with an upside to bee much better than him.

Castillo is nothing special. But nothing special is better than what we have behind the plate. I wonder if they just platoon him with Salty & move Pacheco back to a primarily utility role? Either way, one of those 2 will be gone once Hernandez is ready.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell on this one. Leone could flame out. His debut wasn't exactly promising and this season he's been awful. Gabby could be the one guy that makes this legit. Either way, I like the trade in spirit. We didn't need Trumbo.