• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevathan's final year with the Bears?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting article brings up this possibility.

Is Danny Trevathan's Bears' future in doubt after NFL Draft? 'It depends on how you look at it'

When the Bears first drafted Iggy in the 4th, I was probably like most of you, kinda scratching my head thinking that was an opportune time to go for an EDGE/OLB. But he was clearly the BPA left on the board according to Pace, which is why they snagged him. Then it started to dawn on me that maybe he was drafted to eventually replace Trevathan. He's only signed thru next year and my curiosity regarding his contract and cap hit after this season was answered in this article. It makes more sense than ever as to why Iggy may be groomed to replace him. This is not to say I'm all for it. If Trevathan stays healthy and seeing how he plays, how he is such a leader on the D, I think he has a great chance of playing for the Bears in '19. I think health is going to be the big X factor for his future with our team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace has always been a BPA guy. Taking a ILB in the 4th round, isn't exactly some big statement towards the guy you have.

Iggy does provide a solid plan B, though. Should Trevathan struggle with health again. I do think Pace (like everyone) has to be growing VERY tired of that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He strikes me a good special teamer at first. We will see from there.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trev is a smart vet and a really good player. I think Iggy is depth.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy was best player available. End of thread.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's the end of a thread then say goodbye everyone. Don't be rude you would not want to tarnish your rep.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy was best player available. End of thread.

Pace has always been a BPA guy.

BS two posts later: Iggy was best player available.

Everyone's copying the genius, Richie.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The genius is too smart for your antics

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... guys... come on now.

It's okay.

I know I am a major influence on all of your postings. It's no secret that I am quite the trail blazer.

:D

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only resurrected this thread because of an article on the Bears webpage that piqued my interest. It was primarily regarding Fangio's impressions so far as to how Roquan Smith is progressing. But in the article he mentions that some of the vets have shown improvement and singled out Trevathan in particular. Funny thing is when he was healthy and playing, I thought DT was perhaps the 2nd best player on the D (Hicks being #1 natch), so I wasn't aware that there is a lot of room for improvement, aside from staying healthy. But apparently there is. And healthy - that's the key word. I said it before and it merits repeating. IF Trevethan can remain on the field for much of the season, I think his chances or remaining a Bear in 2019 are outstanding. Hey, who knows, maybe he agrees with the thought that Iggy could be his replacement sooner than he wants if he doesn't remain on the field.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only resurrected this thread because of an article on the Bears webpage that piqued my interest. It was primarily regarding Fangio's impressions so far as to how Roquan Smith is progressing. But in the article he mentions that some of the vets have shown improvement and singled out Trevathan in particular. Funny thing is when he was healthy and playing, I thought DT was perhaps the 2nd best player on the D (Hicks being #1 natch), so I wasn't aware that there is a lot of room for improvement, aside from staying healthy. But apparently there is. And healthy - that's the key word. I said it before and it merits repeating. IF Trevethan can remain on the field for much of the season, I think his chances or remaining a Bear in 2019 are outstanding. Hey, who knows, maybe he agrees with the thought that Iggy could be his replacement sooner than he wants if he doesn't remain on the field.

Hicks has probably been a tad better at his position, but Trevathan has been just as important. There was a CLEAR drop-off in our D when he wasn't out there last year. If he's out there for the MIN and GB home games, we win. IMO. Without question. Both of those teams ran right at us. Never happened with Trevathan out there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks has probably been a tad better at his position, but Trevathan has been just as important. There was a CLEAR drop-off in our D when he wasn't out there last year. If he's out there for the MIN and GB home games, we win. IMO. Without question. Both of those teams ran right at us. Never happened with Trevathan out there.
Agreed. I just love his style of play. He kinda reminds me of Mike Brown back in the day, even tho Brown played a different position. But both applied that kamikaze, take no prisoners style of aggression. And like Trevathan, MB had trouble staying off the injury couch, perhaps even more so.