• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tre Flowers

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

Ooook? I don't get this pick. Someone help me understand.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like they are going to move him to CB.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will play corner for us.
Tall corner 6'3" with long arms. Fast, tackles like Sherm, solid tackler in run support as well.
Looks like a typical Seahawk corner.
Possible replacement for Maxie down the road.
I am always good with a pick until his actions convince me otherwise...so, I'm good with this pick.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big corners is the way to go in the modern NFL... It’s such a disadvantage locking a 5.10 inch corner on a 6.4 receiver .... That’s one thing I love about Coach Carroll, he likes big corners.. Remember watching Kelly Jennings getting abused by big receivers ? I’m surprised more teams don’t follow that...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know a thing about this guy, but from watching the highlights it is pretty easy to understand why we liked him at CB. Long, good tackler, physical, appears to be good at getting his hands in an breaking up passes when the ball arrives. Reminds me a bit of Browner without the knock knees.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm Watching this. Something that jumps out He knows how to causes turnovers without getting Int's

Wr's are not the best at carrying

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman draft profile:
WEAKNESSES

Can be baited out of position when in zone and a tick late to diagnose underneath routes. Tall, high-cut prospect who displays some hip-stiffness. Not explosive when transitioning or when changing direction. Lacks great recovery skills when beaten off the line. Can struggle tacking in the open field at times.

Flowers:
Weaknesses
  • High cut with gangly basketball frame
  • Doesn't look like an NFL safety
  • Play strength is lacking
  • Could struggle to handle box duties
  • Can be jostled at the break point by physical tight ends and receivers
  • Hips are tight and movement in space is fragmented
  • Lack of fluidity shows up when forced into coverage role
  • Grab and ride finisher with too many missed tackles in his background
  • Needs to square-up rather than arm tackle

this guy could end up playing in shermans spot...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman draft profile:
WEAKNESSES

Can be baited out of position when in zone and a tick late to diagnose underneath routes. Tall, high-cut prospect who displays some hip-stiffness. Not explosive when transitioning or when changing direction. Lacks great recovery skills when beaten off the line. Can struggle tacking in the open field at times.

Flowers:
Weaknesses

Experts take shots in the dark. If they're right they'll let you know and if wrong you'll usually never hear a peep out them about that player. No one really knows till three years in for the most part.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big corners is the way to go in the modern NFL... It’s such a disadvantage locking a 5.10 inch corner on a 6.4 receiver .... That’s one thing I love about Coach Carroll, he likes big corners.. Remember watching Kelly Jennings getting abused by big receivers ? I’m surprised more teams don’t follow that...
I still have a bad taste in my mouth about the midgets the Seahawks had at CBS at one point. Geez watching Fitz abuse the hell out of them was enough to make me want to scream.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a bad taste in my mouth about the midgets the Seahawks had at CBS at one point. Geez watching Fitz abuse the hell out of them was enough to make me want to scream.

Lol yep, I remember well... Packers playoff game also comes to mind when we were spotted 14 points and then Favre went to work on our little guys at Lambeau field... It was abuse ...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts take shots in the dark. If they're right they'll let you know and if wrong you'll usually never hear a peep out them about that player. No one really knows till three years in for the most part.

I was trying to point out how similar the "weaknesses" are to sherman's, which is why we drafted this guy. he is the prototype and i could see him replacing sherman. he likely wont be as good as sherman but he could do very well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to point out how similar the "weaknesses" are to sherman's, which is why we drafted this guy. he is the prototype and i could see him replacing sherman. he likely wont be as good as sherman but he could do very well.

Oh no, I totally agree with you.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone that likes flowers measurables remember what Tharold Simon looked like when we drafted him. suppose to be a big physical DB coming from an SEC conference. Now he is cleaning pools

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone that likes flowers measurables remember what Tharold Simon looked like when we drafted him. suppose to be a big physical DB coming from an SEC conference. Now he is cleaning pools

There was a stint there in Simon's career where it looked like he was putting it all together and that he was gonna be a good player, brief as that was. I believe he even had a really good game against the Panthers in the 2014 playoffs. The Super Bowl and his inability to play the slot after Lane went down seems to color some opinion on his play, but let's be honest - he wasn't a slot corner. Now, his health issues didn't help his career, either. I don't think Simon was a bad pick, per se - he just didn't turn out to be Richard Sherman.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh how times have changed with more and more corners coming into the league at 6' or taller. Look at Kam Chancellor he's tall enough to be an inside LB

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman draft profile:
WEAKNESSES

Flowers:
Weaknesses

Why only focus on his weaknesses?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is he's showing us what the experts thought of Sherm before he took a pro snap and turned out to be a stud for us so Snugs is showing us that type of negatives this kid is getting and he too could prove the doubters wrong and turn out to be a stud for us.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure how this goes but I'm pretty sure if an analyst profiles a player's weaknesses that makes that player underrated right?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks converting fifth-rounder Tre Flowers to cornerback

The Seahawks have always had a thing for big corners. Even if they’re not corners.

Among the things the Seahawks were working on during their rookie minicamp this weekend was an experiment, as they’re moving fifth-round pick Tre Flowers from safety to cornerback.

He hasn’t played cornerback since high school, but has the size (6-foot-3, with 35-inch arms) they like at the position. That required coach Pete Carroll to invest plenty of time in Flowers over the weekend, to work of techniques he’s never really used.

“It’s believing in the discipline it takes to do it, and really finding that patience it takes to sit on the line of scrimmage and not be jittery and all of that,” Carroll said, via Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune. “Guys think that they are supposed to go up there and beat the heck out of wide receivers and that’s what they think bump-and-run is. There is so much more to it than that. It’s the discipline it takes over time to develop the patience is really what the challenge is, if they are equipped.

He’s got all of the tools that you’re looking for. He’s real long. He’s feet are really quick and light and he’s got terrific speed. And he’s already shown all of the abilities to make the plays by playing safety for all of those years, the tackles, the hits and the plays on the ball and all of that. That’s not even a concern of mine. Can he take to the discipline of it? Will he sit there and understand how it works?

“He showed like he really understood right off the bat. So it was a very good demonstration of what the future could hold. I was really pleased with that.”

Of course, it takes more than being the size of Richard Sherman to play like Richard Sherman, and not all of their projects pan out. But in a year of transition, they’re looking at all their options.