• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious tight end contributors were Shannon and Thomas (although a product of Peyton). TE has not been a position of strength for the Broncos for years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinton McDonald is falling behind as he can’t stay healthy. Tim Patrick is winning the #5 WR spot. What might hurt him is McKenzie as our PR may automatically place McKenzie as the #5 WR. Our top 4 appear set. DT, Sanders, Sutton, Hamilton. Sutton, Patrick and Hamilton all getting a lot of praise as well documented with Sutton. Sounds like the way Patrick is playing we may keep 6 Wr’s with McKenzie on the roster to do one thing. Return punts. Bradley Roby has had a good last few days. Dymonte Thomas and CJ Smith are getting some love. If cuts were today I think CJ Smith would make it as would Patrick, but still a lot of time left to rise or fall. Haven’t heard as much about Jamal Carter this camp, is Thomas making a move on him? I think we keep 5 S’s. WR John Diarse isn’t making much of an impact on the eye for the PS WR spot. Dymonte Thomas really made some plays yesterday. David Williams was also singled out for good pass protection and Keishawn Bierria is sneakily having an impressive camp. Our rookie class is getting praise up and down and that is including undrafted RB Phillip Lindsay who will get first dibs at KR on Saturday. Tramaine Brock has returned to practice.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see both McKenzie and Lindsay making the club. Seems like both are fighting for maybe a spot.
Both are buried in their respective positions.

Told you guys about Patrick last week as my surprise player of camp.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree- It would be hard to fit Lindsay and McKenzie both in as just return guys. They might be competing against each other.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep only 1 I hope it is Lindsay. He has potential to develop and help at the RB position, where McKenzie has almost no chance to help at the WR position.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that McKenzie has no chance to develop at the WR spot. He has elite speed and quickness. He obviously hasn't made an impression at WR as of now but he has potential and upside there to be a gimmick type of player. He has Tyreek Hill like tools in him he just hasn't flashed them yet. He flashed them a bit in college his SR season. We can probably store Lindsay on the PS, beings RB is a hard position to crack early in the season but once injures rack up

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Cray-Cray? He’s playing well. He’s doing really well. I like throwing him the ball. He’s a friendly target. He’s learning too. He’s learning the NFL game. I think you like having a guy like that, you can move inside, outside, shifty. He’s got good separation at the top of his routes. And he’s learning too, just like a lot of those young guys. He’s continuing to grow, he’s watching the older guys, [WR] Emmanuel [Sanders], and watching what those guys do and trying to emulate some of that.”

Broncos QB Case Keenum (quotes via Broncos PR)

We seem rather loaded at WR

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cracraft seems to be making some strides too. He seems to be the one looking close behind McKenzie and Lindsay and can fill both return duties. I expect him to go on the PS (ask me again in 3 weeks) but he was a heck of a WR at Washington State before he tore his ACL. He is ahead of McKenzie at WR so it just really depends on the difference between the two in the return game. McKenzie is an electrifying return man so if he is showing that he is going to make the team, if he is showing anything less than that then he will have a hard time because PR is obviously his key to making the team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah two a days is done.

The thought of two days being over with when I played football felt so good. Those were dreadful. I'm sure the vets especially don't look forward to those when their roster spot is pretty well secured.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem pretty loaded at a few spots. I wonder if there will be a trade or two before the 53 man roster is set. It is better to get even a 7th then let a guy leave for free. Wide Receiver might be one of those areas where we trade a guy that we would maybe otherwise lose.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Su'a Cravens is expected to return to practice very soon.

JJ Dielman has a knee sprain

Sam Jones left practice today with back spasms.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Su'a Cravens is expected to return to practice very soon.

JJ Dielman has a knee sprain

Sam Jones left practice today with back spasms.

I'm still having spasms after watching that first pre-season game.

Pulling for Jones. Local kid from my neighborhood.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still having spasms after watching that first pre-season game.

Pulling for Jones. Local kid from my neighborhood.
You live near Thunderridge?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're neighbors! Both of my kids went to Vista, even though we live closer to T Ridge. Small world stuff at work here.