• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I watched the titans game. Once again, barring any major injuries I don’t think we have to worry about the offense. There may be an issue with the Oline and WO position at some point but as long as #12 is behind center they should be fine.

I know it’s preseason, the defense played Vanilla type scheme and there were several missing starters but I pray we don’t get the same results like last year. There were a few bright spots but what I saw was a non existent pass rush just like last year. One bright spot was Gilbert who had a few pressures but rushing 4 defenders gave the titans qbs ample time to throw on passing downs.

I know I know, it’s preseason but last year I noticed that Hundley stunk in preseason and it showed when he was thrust into the starting lineup. I hope to see an improvement the next game but if it continues don’t expect the defense to make much of an improvement this year.

Lastly, I’m just a fan and my 2 cents isn’t worth anything but I don’t think D House or T Williams will improve the secondary at all this year. In fact, I think one or both will be responsible for several games lost.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I watched the titans game. Once again, barring any major injuries I don’t think we have to worry about the offense. There may be an issue with the Oline and WO position at some point but as long as #12 is behind center they should be fine.

I know it’s preseason, the defense played Vanilla type scheme and there were several missing starters but I pray we don’t get the same results like last year. There were a few bright spots but what I saw was a non existent pass rush just like last year. One bright spot was Gilbert who had a few pressures but rushing 4 defenders gave the titans qbs ample time to throw on passing downs.

I know I know, it’s preseason but last year I noticed that Hundley stunk in preseason and it showed when he was thrust into the starting lineup. I hope to see an improvement the next game but if it continues don’t expect the defense to make much of an improvement this year.

Lastly, I’m just a fan and my 2 cents isn’t worth anything but I don’t think D House or T Williams will improve the secondary at all this year. In fact, I think one or both will be responsible for several games lost.

Without question the secondary was our weak link last season.....But after spending our 1st and second draft picks over the last 2 drafts you would think it has to get better......I think T Williams will be a big help - he can still play and will be a good mentor for all the young guys.......D-House - yeah you are probably correct, he just does not have it....He gets beat a lot it seems..........

I was a little concerned about the lack of pressure we put on the Titans QB but like you said we just rushed 4 guys....Hopefully they will throw some blitzes in their Thursday.....

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question the secondary was our weak link last season.....But after spending our 1st and second draft picks over the last 2 drafts you would think it has to get better......I think T Williams will be a big help - he can still play and will be a good mentor for all the young guys.......D-House - yeah you are probably correct, he just does not have it....He gets beat a lot it seems..........

I was a little concerned about the lack of pressure we put on the Titans QB but like you said we just rushed 4 guys....Hopefully they will throw some blitzes in their Thursday.....

You would think with all the attention devoted to the secondary we should see some improvement this year but I’m not going to get excited until I see them do their job consistently.

As far as rushing 4 I don’t expect pressure on every play but they will need to cause disruption regularly to be successful as a defense.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Rodgers won't play this week against the Raiders.

I haven't watched more than about 5 minutes of the preseason games, it sounds like they're just playing out the back end of the roster and going to go into the season without a lot of game reps with the starters. I kind of like that, they seem to do well when they're struggling a bit early, then find their groove about mid-season and peak in Dec. I'm interested to see what the new D looks like with the 1st stringers playing together, but I guess we'll have to wait until the regular season. We'll see if this is how it plays out.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, looks like a typical Packer preseason. Sit most of the starters, vanilla offense, vanilla defense. Can’t run the ball, passing pretty decent etc etc....

My biggest concern is the defense. We just won’t know until the regular season starts. Even last year the defense kicked ass in the first game and then it was downhill from there. I will keep my fingers crossed that the new DC will get this unit turned around.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a interview of the rookie WO with 3 last names and from what gathered, this kid has a good head on his shoulders. I think he will be a force in this league.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more that teams are inquiring about Cobb than the Packers are dangling him. Either way it is always prudent to listen but I think it is much ado about nothing.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the raider game.........#68 Murphy is absolutely worthless. I don’t have a clue as to how this POS is in the NFL. Hundley looks like last year Hundley, like dog shit. Yea, he doesn’t have the starters out there but he can’t complete a pass to save his life......kinda like last year.

#56 Thomas should be let go tomorrow, no wait, don’t let him on the plane back to GB.

My prediction for the defense is......little to no change from last year. I just don’t see any push up front which will give opposing QB’s all day to throw. The only thing that will save the defense on occasion will be ints.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd, 3rd string Oline were horrendous against the raiders. Murphy got his ass handed to him all night long. I wonder how much of that caused the rookie receivers to basically disappear in the game.

The defense scares me. How great would it be to go after Mack?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owen Burks. Who the hell gets a dislocated shoulder during warm ups? Owen Burks, that’s who :L

I just know some bears fan has a curse on GB.:gaah:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way these preseason games are treated by many teams, I'm just not sure what to think about any team, players or anything else... I will wait until game 1 to see what the hell the Packers are, or start off as...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way these preseason games are treated by many teams, I'm just not sure what to think about any team, players or anything else... I will wait until game 1 to see what the hell the Packers are, or start off as...

I agree, but I've got one exception to that. The preseason has shown we can be much more comfortable about the state of the secondary now than we have been since Charles Woodson left.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I've got one exception to that. The preseason has shown we can be much more comfortable about the state of the secondary now than we have been since Charles Woodson left.

We just can’t be comfortable if any of the starting Oline goes down. What a pathetic performance by the back ups the other night.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gutekunst has really taken the GM position in another direction and I think it's a great thing. Had TT still been in charge, he wouldn't have made the trade for Morrison. He'd have stuck with undrafted FAs and waited until next year to address the LB position.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gutekunst has really taken the GM position in another direction and I think it's a great thing. Had TT still been in charge, he wouldn't have made the trade for Morrison. He'd have stuck with undrafted FAs and waited until next year to address the LB position.

I agree but is it enough? I don't know much about Morrison. I would imagine they will be on the lookout come Saturday afternoon.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but is it enough? I don't know much about Morrison. I would imagine they will be on the lookout come Saturday afternoon.
As a Gator fan, I know plenty about him. All effort and energy. Athletically limited but he hits hard and can easily fill holes in run support. We just dont want to see him in pass defense lol

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Gator fan, I know plenty about him. All effort and energy. Athletically limited but he hits hard and can easily fill holes in run support. We just dont want to see him in pass defense lol

I assume that's where Thomas comes in. I wasn't impressed by his play in the Raider game. There were several run plays where he was out of position and it cost them yardage. But what do I know, im sure im missing something.

If some how GB can land Mack......man, I think he would be the difference this defense needs.