• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins.....I try not to put a whole lot of stock in training camp reports because it tends to be a bit bias and creates a belief that they're better than what they truly are. Until the season begins you just don't know how good or bad they are. That said, its still interesting to see the reports on what is going on and who is making an impact and who isn't. its just good to know that football is back. Go Pack Go!

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear they expect Bulaga to be ready for the regular season. Leaves only one position on the OL with a question mark.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear they expect Bulaga to be ready for the regular season. Leaves only one position on the OL with a question mark.

My biggest concern is, how well will Bulaga hold up? Personally, his injury history will not let him play in every game this year. I think he will miss multiple games or be put on IR. I hope im wrong but he just cant stay healthy. Next concern will be who will replace him?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to the local sports radio shows and Jason Wilde a local writer was being interviewed on the radio and they were asking him what the most interesting thing he had seen or heard of the first day of camp.

Wilde said he heard from Rodgers, Clinton Dix, and one other about the speech given by the new D coordinator Pettine and that it was just amazing. Rodgers the one with the longest tenure on the team said it was one of the best he had ever heard. The tone it set was amazing. It appears there are big changes coming.

Here is a link about that talk from the Packer website

Click link for full article

Mike Pettine makes strong impression with pre-camp speech

GREEN BAY – With new coordinator Mike Pettine taking over the Packers’ defense in 2018, the buzzwords “energy” and “mindset” are being heard often as the team opens training camp.

Apparently he hammered those concepts home when he spoke in front of the entire team earlier this week.

“I don’t want to beef it up too much, but it was a near all-timer,” said quarterback Aaron Rodgers, whose perspective as the longest-tenured member of the Packers can’t be taken lightly.

“I’ve been around here for 14 years, and that was a really good talk to the team. As an offensive player, to hear a defensive coordinator get up there and talk about defense the way he did, and goals and mindset, that was pretty impressive. It gives you a lot of hope.”

Added Rodgers: “I’ve got to say, it’s exciting. There’s a different mindset. They talk about that word, which is why I’m using it. There’s a different mindset on that side of the ball.”

Last edited:

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that didn't take long. Jake Ryan suffered a possible season ending knee injury and K Brice was also carted off the field. Par for the course for GB I guess

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that didn't take long. Jake Ryan suffered a possible season ending knee injury and K Brice was also carted off the field. Par for the course for GB I guess

Sounds pretty bad. They haven't released any real news, but they have basically signaled that Ryan is done for the year. There hasn't seem to have been as much gloom on Bride's injury. Hoping he's OK. I love the way that guy hits.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brice seems to have avoided major injury. No word on Ryan yet

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory isn’t what it used to be so anyone remember what type of impact Ryan had on this defense last year? Can they keep moving along without him and not skip a beat? Any word on Brice?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory isn’t what it used to be so anyone remember what type of impact Ryan had on this defense last year? Can they keep moving along without him and not skip a beat? Any word on Brice?
Brice has an ankle but we are unknown about the severity as of now.

As for Ryan's impact:

upload_2018-8-3_7-33-58.png

He is our thumper so the middle is a little softer but he never added much on the athleticism side.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like you fellow Pack fans.... Camp is big for us this year with all the changes in coach staff. Avoid injuries (More I should say.) I'm glad Pack finally made some changes with coaches. Look forward to the season! Go Pack Go!!!

-DUB-

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a link just after he got hurt that came out from PFF. They ranked him 19th among all ILB in efficiency. I'll try to find the link

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a link just after he got hurt that came out from PFF. They ranked him 19th among all ILB in efficiency. I'll try to find the link

Well, judging from his stats, I don’t think GB misses a beat.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, judging from his stats, I don’t think GB misses a beat.
Not only that, but football has become less about base formation as every year passes. He wasn't really a 3 down LB, so the loss isn't that terrible. It's not good, but it's not crippling.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38682898_10156172600445073_8240164799149768704_n.jpg