• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp starts today!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up.

The nice thing for this season is we do have some actual depth to replace a fallen starter. Our defense last week looked good with Miller, Harris, and Vickerson all missing. We can survive Trevathan being gone for a few weeks. Now I will say though because he was the defensive leader (guy who made all the calls) I just wonder how that transition is going to go. I do like Marshall to play well though with the 1st unit.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never a good thing or ok thing when you lose your leading tackler from previous year. Not sure about Marshall as replacement. I was actually surprised because I really haven't heard anything or seen anything that would justify him being the next man up. Guess I must of missed all the praise from coaches,etc. I fig McCray might have been next in line. Either way and no matter how long he's out, it's going to hurt a lot more than some may think. Hurry back DTrev.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never a good thing or ok thing when you lose your leading tackler from previous year. Not sure about Marshall as replacement. I was actually surprised because I really haven't heard anything or seen anything that would justify him being the next man up. Guess I must of missed all the praise from coaches,etc. I fig McCray might have been next in line. Either way and no matter how long he's out, it's going to hurt a lot more than some may think. Hurry back DTrev.

No doubt that we will miss 59, but it's better than we can expect to (hopefully) have him back by the fourth game, against AZ, right after the bye. Certainly could have been worse than it apparently is.

Marshall was listed second string WLB on the depth chart last weak, but I imagine who fills in will depend on who plays and practices best the next few weeks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos have the day off. Probably a good thing after all the fights and of course the injury yesterday. Some good news though is the Broncos are actually expecting Von Miller to start the 3rd preseason game against the Texans! Should be a good showing that he is completely on track to not only start but make an impact week 1 for us. Coaches have been raving about him at camp and how good he looks so if he and Ware are ready to go I say watch out Andrew Luck.

Also really good article if you have some time to read. Mostly the last question was my favorite. It talked about the impact that Von Miller makes to this defense. You add in the additions we have made and man this defense can be dangerous...

Football Outsiders talks Peyton Manning, Von Miller, and that Broncos Super Bowl - Mile High Report

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a report on Comcast here in the East today where they said that Denver will not bring him back fast. The report said that Week 8 of the regular season is the target right now. They really don't want to him to try to do too much too fast.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a report on Comcast here in the East today where they said that Denver will not bring him back fast. The report said that Week 8 of the regular season is the target right now. They really don't want to him to try to do too much too fast.

Well I would say that is east coast bias then. Around here they have been saying week 5 right after the bye week so only missing 3 games. Heck that is what the coaches have said and even some doctors they have brought in for interview. It is pretty much the best bad injury a player can get.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also really good article if you have some time to read. Mostly the last question was my favorite. It talked about the impact that Von Miller makes to this defense. You add in the additions we have made and man this defense can be dangerous...

Football Outsiders talks Peyton Manning, Von Miller, and that Broncos Super Bowl - Mile High Report

This was a really good article. I think it captures a lot of what Broncos fans felt, believe, and know about the no-show in the Super Bowl. It is important to recognize Seattle played a hell of a game and beat the Broncos straight up. But it is pure football illiteracy to believe the 43-8 score is an accurate reflection on both teams. My guess is if you could replicate the conditions exactly for that game and replay it 9 more times you'd get a 5-5 split. But the Broncos stepped on their own cranks and never recovered. Most times you see a blowout in the NFL, especially between two competent teams, the winning team is not as good as they appear nor is the losing team as bad as they appear. The game just bounced Seattle's way. It was flukey in that regard. The only other game I have seen break so one-sidedly for a team was that 59-14 pasting the Raiders laid on us back in 2010. I think the loss would have been harder to deal with had the game been a one-score loss. But the way it went down I had it shrugged off as a no-show by the good guys before the Broncos third series. I'd love to see a Super Bowl rematch where the Broncos actually come to play. The preseason game doesn't count and the regular season game (should the Broncos win it) doesn't fully award due restitution.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about Trevathan.
Seattle is deep at LB and will have to make some tough decisions for that position.
Personally, I would love to trade one of our LB's to you guys even though I expect it to be a pick near the end of the round.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is deep at LB and will have to make some tough decisions for that position.
Personally, I would love to trade one of our LB's to you guys even though I expect it to be a pick near the end of the round.

We might have to take ya up on that offer;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully we won't need that to happen. The Broncos have a lot of potential at the Linebacker position, but of course potential is a pretty deadly word. The fact that Trevathan is expected to miss maybe 3 games (stinks if he can't play against Seattle) will probably make the team decide to go with what we have instead of trade. Now if another Linebacker goes down it wouldn't surprise me if Seattle got a phone call. So hopefully that is not the case and we can survive until Trevathan gets back out on the field. Thankfully right now the Secondary and Defensive Line look as good and deep as I have seen for the Broncos in a very long time. Hopefully they can help cover up the loss of Trevathan with a guy like TJ Ward playing a little more linebacker in the Nickel formation. I know that means we are pretty light and teams might try to run on some of those 3rd and longs but I still like the chances of this team getting a stop.

How is the OL for Seattle looking at practice? I know that was the weak spot last year but didn't know if there is a bit more hope for this year at the position? How is Britt looking as a rookie? I actually liked him in the draft.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we won't need that to happen. The Broncos have a lot of potential at the Linebacker position, but of course potential is a pretty deadly word. The fact that Trevathan is expected to miss maybe 3 games (stinks if he can't play against Seattle) will probably make the team decide to go with what we have instead of trade. Now if another Linebacker goes down it wouldn't surprise me if Seattle got a phone call. So hopefully that is not the case and we can survive until Trevathan gets back out on the field. Thankfully right now the Secondary and Defensive Line look as good and deep as I have seen for the Broncos in a very long time. Hopefully they can help cover up the loss of Trevathan with a guy like TJ Ward playing a little more linebacker in the Nickel formation. I know that means we are pretty light and teams might try to run on some of those 3rd and longs but I still like the chances of this team getting a stop.

How is the OL for Seattle looking at practice? I know that was the weak spot last year but didn't know if there is a bit more hope for this year at the position? How is Britt looking as a rookie? I actually liked him in the draft.

With such little data to go on, you know about as much as me.
In our PS game we started Sweezy at RG and Britt at RT. The other position starters were backups.
I went to the VMAC for TC practice this last Tuesday. Okung, Carp, Unger, Sweezy, and Britt got to play together for a bit. Most likely that will be our starting 5. If not Britt at RT, it should end up being Winston as the starter.
Britt looks ok so far. Sometimes he is in the right spot and able to use his leverage, other times...a rookie getting his welcome. I hope he pans out as we do need improvement along our OL.
I expect improvement at Ol compared to last year mainly because it is hard for a unit to suck that bad 2 years in a row.:gaah:Health will matter in this position as we do not have quality depth at OL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With such little data to go on, you know about as much as me.
In our PS game we started Sweezy at RG and Britt at RT. The other position starters were backups.
I went to the VMAC for TC practice this last Tuesday. Okung, Carp, Unger, Sweezy, and Britt got to play together for a bit. Most likely that will be our starting 5. If not Britt at RT, it should end up being Winston as the starter.
Britt looks ok so far. Sometimes he is in the right spot and able to use his leverage, other times...a rookie getting his welcome. I hope he pans out as we do need improvement along our OL.
I expect improvement at Ol compared to last year mainly because it is hard for a unit to suck that bad 2 years in a row.:gaah:Health will matter in this position as we do not have quality depth at OL.

Yeah the depth showed in the Preseason game with those 3 back ups starting and them just getting destroyed. Wilson took some big hits and just can't have that for your franchise guy. Every team has that one or two positions (the good teams at least where the bad have more) that are lacking either a quality starter or good depth. Happens with the Cap where you depend on your team drafting well to have good depth across the board. Also seems like every team has that one position they are really bad at drafting. So far haven't been impressed with Seattle drafting OL. Every where else they seem to find All-Pros somehow though. For the Broncos Corner has been a bit of an issue. I'm hoping that has changed with the last couple of years drafting Roby and Webster and both of them showing some promise. Before that though not a single corner drafted has even come close to starting. Now they did get lucky with Harris in the UDFA pool but that is it. I would say OL is a mixed bag for the Broncos as well as they have used 5 picks in the last 3 years (since Elway took over) and Franklin is the only one who has started at all.