• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was a rookie TE he was going up against. But he had some moves and like I said, I really want this kid to succeed.
To clarify. Not really talking about one play. More the overall play. Heck, Gregory beat Smith 2 out of 3 plays the other day so I don't get into one or two flash plays defining a guy - good or bad. For me what matters is what you do consistently and it just seems he has been good every single day.

We have a long ways to go, but with a healthy Lee and an improved Smith, if we get the pass rush we expect and continued improvement with the young DBs it may just be a fun defense to watch. Even from an attitude perspective this team just looks like they are having fun playing football.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most important thing to take away from Jaylon Smith's camp so far is that he looks pretty much healthy. The explosion is there now. Last year it looked like he would take an extra step here and there, presumably because of his foot condition, and I just don't see that at all now. His footwork and change of direction look very fluid now, as opposed to looking choppy last year at times.

I was not a fan of this pick, mostly because I hated the idea that it was pretty much assumed he wouldn't contribute the first two years, and even then it would be a long shot for him to come all the way back. Well Jaylon is here now, and damn it's exciting. I was wrong, so guess I better start liking this pick real fast, because I think he's going to be very good this year

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading some of those practice notes the other day. My thought wasn't that Gregory has transformed into a world beater. My thought was Tyron is becoming human.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith and Gregory. This could finally be the year we can claim 3 1st round picks and mean it.
I sure hope so!!! It looks very promising. Can't wait till next month!!! And the beautiful thing is, we won't have to wait till 8:30 to finally see the Cowboys first game!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so!!! It looks very promising. Can't wait till next month!!! And the beautiful thing is, we won't have to wait till 8:30 to finally see the Cowboys first game!!
I'm in Vegas, 8:30 your time is fine by me. I do understand your side though.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading some of those practice notes the other day. My thought wasn't that Gregory has transformed into a world beater. My thought was Tyron is becoming human.

Possibly, but I've read Smith has been better than he has over the past few years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a touchy one. I did not want this team to restructure Smith's contract ever again because the recent injuries and un"Smith-like" play that we saw at times last year (presumably due to the injuries) were worrisome and could leave us with a cap disaster if we pushed even more money back into outer years. I felt that there was a chance we would never see a 100% healthy Smith again after watching the injuries lately. Back injuries and 300+ pounds can be a bad combination. BUT, he is still only 27, so until I see otherwise i am going with it was all the injuries and if he is healthy he will be dominant. So far he seems healthy. I expect him to be great again this year if he stays that way.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Vegas, 8:30 your time is fine by me. I do understand your side though.
I mean 8;30 P.M. eastern in my area. I will only have to wait till 4:30 eastern for once. That 8:30 P.M. is a killer for an old guy like me LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but I've read Smith has been better than he has over the past few years.
Yeah, dominant. Gregory and the Armstrong kid are studs. Taco is a stud. We know what DLaw is. Get a lead, turn them loose

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, dominant. Gregory and the Armstrong kid are studs. Taco is a stud. We know what DLaw is. Get a lead, turn them loose

I hope Rico earned some playing time this week. Hope to see more of him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of you guys are fed up with him, but don't forget Irving. Coming out of the 3 tech and providing the pressure he does makes him possibly even more disruptive than Tank.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Rico earned some playing time this week. Hope to see more of him.
I hope so. I love running the ball more than anything in the real games, but in the preseason I actually prefer when the team just throws all day and even into the 4th Qtr to give everyone a chance from the QBs, to the OL to the receivers. If you only play one Qtr you are hoping to get 1 ball thrown your way. Tough to impress that way IMO. Maybe Rico and all of these bubble WRs get more PT tonight and Rush and White air out the ball all night.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean 8;30 P.M. eastern in my area. I will only have to wait till 4:30 eastern for once. That 8:30 P.M. is a killer for an old guy like me LOL

I figured 8:30 Central, but either way it's good for me as I'm 3 hours earlier the you.

Yes, I'm being selfish .

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of you guys are fed up with him, but don't forget Irving. Coming out of the 3 tech and providing the pressure he does makes him possibly even more disruptive than Tank.
He is a dominant player, killing his own bank account

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that RG is just explosive and got a couple of moves in on him before he could get his paws on him. TS has amazing power, speed and footwork. Not many will get by him this year and I doubt 2 within 3 ever again.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I love running the ball more than anything in the real games, but in the preseason I actually prefer when the team just throws all day and even into the 4th Qtr to give everyone a chance from the QBs, to the OL to the receivers. If you only play one Qtr you are hoping to get 1 ball thrown your way. Tough to impress that way IMO. Maybe Rico and all of these bubble WRs get more PT tonight and Rush and White air out the ball all night.

I am in on that game plan. I want to see them trow to Tavon out of the backfield. See what he got. Bo gets the goal line stance running plays and about everything else air it out.