• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Discussion Thread

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That rarely happens though... One of the few people I've been happy about giving top money to a player in their 3rd contract was Walter Jones... He was as committed, loyal to the frachise as they come... Thomas isn't as committed to the franchise imo, which is another reason I don't want to pay him... I would rather save the money and use it to make a serious run in '19... Plus i'd like to see what Tedric brings to the table...

I hear what you're saying but Big Walt I believe did go through a tag or two before he got his contract but the difference was he didn't get all buddy buddy with another team. I could be wrong if he got tagged or not. Tedric is next man up so hope he'll do well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying but Big Walt I believe did go through a tag or two before he got his contract but the difference was he didn't get all buddy buddy with another team. I could be wrong if he got tagged or not. Tedric is next man up so hope he'll do well.

Yeah, he got tagged... But it was because he turned down the Hawks offer at the time... If I remember correctly, at the time, he didn't report to camp because he didn't have a contract...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he got tagged... But it was because he turned down the Hawks offer at the time... If I remember correctly, at the time, he didn't report to camp because he didn't have a contract...

That seemed like it went on for a couple of years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp standout

“(Second-year safety Tedric Thompson) has just made more plays and he has been really aggressive in the throwing game and in the running game. He’ll find what he can do and what he can’t do, and I’m asking him now to go for it – at all times. Go for every read, every look you have. Find out really where are the boundaries here for what you can go for. He’s really instinctive and he’s acting on that. We’re trying to free him up and not be inhibited and not be kind of cautious and careful. … He has had more plays than all of the rest of the guys combined, probably.”

That is music to my ears...

Carroll said:
Regarding the RB battle: “I’m just going to sit back and just feel it, just watch them. We’ve watched them a lot already. (The mock game on Saturday) was a great opportunity to see our guys bust out. There goes Chris (Carson) on the first play, Rashaad (Penny) took off on a couple big plays and just continues to do things. They’re so good at what they’re doing that it jumps out at you while you’re on the practice field. To see Rashaad running down the sidelines on a 60-yard run at 236 (pounds) … and he’s ripping down the sidelines and out running everybody. Pretty special guy.”

I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy play and see more of these kind of runs...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll miss him. 2nd favorite punter in Hawks history.
Curious who your number 1 is? Don't really see any others that stick out besides Rick Tuten?
For me, it's hard to top Ryan... he has the character to go with his football career and it was a pleasure following him on/off the field.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious who your number 1 is? Don't really see any others that stick out besides Rick Tuten?
For me, it's hard to top Ryan... he has the character to go with his football career and it was a pleasure following him on/off the field.
Feagles maybe? Not a terribly long tenure in Seattle but he's a pretty well known punter just because he played for over 20 years.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tuten

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Fant is indeed moving to the right side to compete for the RT job. Certainly can't hurt.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff notes on injury updates from PC's Week 3 presser:

Baldwin: expected to be practicing next week, still on track to play in the opener.

Ed Dickson: hoping to play in the opener.

Dion Jordan: working hard to get back, some hope to be ready by the opener.

Penny: could be ready for next week, but for sure will be available for the opener.

Fluker: says he can play this week, but not sure yet.

Sweezy: back at practice and worked at LG.

(by "opener" I mean reg season week 1)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the WR competition is always interesting, and this year is no exception. Last year if I remember it correctly we kept 5 instead of the usual 6 because of the extra OL. So if we assume we'll go back to 6 this year, who makes it?

Locks: Baldwin, Lockett, Brown. Jaron Brown didn't do anything last night, but he's looked really good.

Can't see not making it: Marshall, Moore. BM caught everything thrown to him last night and is the big body guy we need in the rz now that Graham is a cheesehead. We sorta thought this about Casen Williams last year, but Moore has made too many plays not to make it, right? The PR is a thing Moore did that Williams didn't, if there's a difference.

That leaves 1 spot for Stringfellow, Darboh, McEvoy, Grayson, Marcus Johnson, and whoever else has been hanging around. Name out of a hat?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MvEvoy is toast.

Reactions: JMR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton seems to think Marcus Johnson is the 6th WR (and agrees about the 5 I listed before that).

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the WRs yesterday as well and basically came to the same conclusion. Baldwin, Lockett, Brown, and Marshall are all locks IMO. David Moore has absolutely played his way onto the team. Johnson makes sense that at that last spot. Wouldn't have a problem with that. Darboh isn't even playing and McEvoy isn't doing much other than special teams. Only other guy that impressed me was Reynolds but he doesn't look like he's getting much playing time either.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the WRs yesterday as well and basically came to the same conclusion. Baldwin, Lockett, Brown, and Marshall are all locks IMO. David Moore has absolutely played his way onto the team. Johnson makes sense that at that last spot. Wouldn't have a problem with that. Darboh isn't even playing and McEvoy isn't doing much other than special teams. Only other guy that impressed me was Reynolds but he doesn't look like he's getting much playing time either.

I was thinking Reynolds could make it to our PS as he isn't getting a lot of time to showcase himself. Would love to see him slip onto the PS for a season. Dude looks like a Baldwin clone and thats no joke. I think someone might grab Darboh if released over Reynolds. Mistake on their part lol.

I wanted to bring this up also. JUSTIN BRITT IS A BEAST! He has to be one of the strongest Centers in the league, The Vikes tried to crush him a handful of times with DT's doubling him to push him back but he was a wall. If he doesn't get voted into the probowl this year it's a shame. Dude is a monster out there. Quicks of a tackle Power of a guard smarts of a center. Makes you wonder how good he would have become at RT had they just left him there. His Rookie Season at RT was better than any RT we have had since then lol. You know HOW CLOSE he was from getting cut? it had to be on their minds when Cable kept moving him before he ever got a chance to settle in at a spot.

Back to WR, The Whole Darboh thing makes me sick to my stomach. I had high hopes for this guy but he has not shown ANYTHING at all. Not even flashes. What a bust!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Guys are either a beast or a bust.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McEvoy cut yesterday. He might have asked for it cuz it would be almost impossible for him to make the final 53.
Next!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McEvoy cut yesterday. He might have asked for it cuz it would be almost impossible for him to make the final 53.
Next!

I figured. He had a tantalizing combo of speed and size, but never really put it all together.