• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading Drummond this summer to build around Griffin?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade clearly hasn't worked out as expected, but I still don't see us trading Drum. RJ is the engine that drives this team, and I expect us to give it a go with a healthy RJ next season. Even if we hire a new GM/coach, it will take time for the new guy to revamp our roster to fit his vision. That is the one argument to keep SVG for his last season. This is the team he built and if it can be healthy next year it could be a top four team in the East.

Clearly losing Harris and Bradley hurt us more than expected this year, but we were not likely to have Bradley on our team next year anyways because Kennard has been playing so well. I would not be surprised to see Johnson traded before next season starts. I expect us to trade Ish and Leuer during next season. Hopefully for a starting caliber combo guard to make sure that we don't lose so much if RJ is injured again.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the trade for Blake. Harris was bad without Jackson and Bradley was a goner.

I also don't want Stan to come back based on having a healthy Jackson next year. We can't count on Jackson ever playing more than 50 games a season anymore. So we run the same group back next year and RJ gets hurt and we miss the playoffs again. I'm not into that at all. Fire Stan and hire Billups to be the GM and Fizdale as coach.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that Billups will not be able to make a big trade until the deadline. By then we will be a playoff team and unlikely to make a big change. So we will end up keeping SVG's roster, but with a less skilled and experienced GM and coach.

It would probably be better to fire SVG after BG/RJ gets injured and we go into another losing streak. Then we will already be out of the playoff mix and can blow it up so we can start over with a half decade of draft picks.

I can see the value of trading Drum, Griffin, Bullock, and Tolliver this summer. Then if RJ is healthy early next season moving him along with our expiring contracts for even more young players and picks. We would likely take back some bad contracts as well. With luck we would fall somewhere between the Celtics and 76ers in our rebuilding plan. but I just don't see that happening with a new GM and a roster that could be top four in the East if everyone is healthy.

Sadly we are in a difficult situation if SVG's plan continues to fail, yet we are doomed to follow it for another year even if we fire SVG.

ZachMlive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Stan gone as soon as the season's over. He's one of the worst coaches in the league right now. Lost us many games in his career so far and been outcoached by many regulars on the old forum.