• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades around the League

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Wild get Bergheim for a 2016 3rd round pick

Good deal for the Wild, Bergheim should be a good fit there.

- Winnik goes to the Penguins for Zach Sill, a 2nd round pick in the 2016 and a 4th-rounder in 2015.

I personally think the Pens overpaid for Winnik.

- Tlusty goes to Winnipeg for a 2016 3rd rd pick and a conditional 2015 6th rd pick.

Really like Tlusty and Yzerman had interested in him. Very good pickup by the Jets and comparing it to the Winnik deal, I think Jets did really well.

- Sekera has been dealt to the Kings for a Conditional First Rounder and a prospect. (D Roland McKeown)

Sekera is a very good and underrated player but glad Yzerman didn't pay that for him.

The domino effect has started and the deal are coming thick and fast. Should be interesting if Yzerman reacts. Petry and Michalek are still out there but I just wonder if Yzerman point of views on rentals will hold him back from acquiring one given the prices.

I could see Yzerman making a move for Roman Polak of the Leafs for a 4th round pick. Polak has this year and next year left on his deal and Yzerman could flip him in the summer and get a similar return so he doesn't loose out. Polak is of a Gudas mould in terms of being a stay-at-home guy who plays physical and adds that element of grit to our blueline and can log up to 20 minutes a night.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see interest in polak! But let me throw this out there what about adam Erne and bret connolly plus oilers 3rd round pick for adam larrson from the Devils ? Yzerman did make the best offer for the panthers first pick last draft! He has shown he will over pay for a long term right handed shot defenseman. I just think if yzerman makes a move its going to be for something we have not been reading about.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel we are done with the bridge gap type of defenseman like salo, brewer, kubina and bret Clark we are past are rebuild now. Stevie is looking long term or standing pat I think.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel we are done with the bridge gap type of defenseman like salo, brewer, kubina and bret Clark we are past are rebuild now. Stevie is looking long term or standing pat I think.

Well Hedman, Carle, Stralman and Garrison are locked up for the next couple of years. I can see Gudas and Sustr being kept on long term as well. If our D was healthy I think he'd stand pat but at is stands now you have Sustr in the top 4 and logging more minutes, he's played well but you'd ideally want him playing on the 3rd pairing.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr is now a Florida Panther, get him for a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs trade David Clarkson to Columbus for Nathan Horton who is rumoured to retire due to injury. If Horton does retire the Leafs don't get anything in the deal but I think Nonis will be extremely happy that they have managed to move Clarkson's horrible contract.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Bolts have scouted the Sharks last 3 games, I wonder if something is in the works? Looking at it realistically I can't see it being a deal for one of their defenseman. So looking up front we know Yzerman was interested in Marleau in the offseason. I think a potential deal could be Marleau for Killorn and a pick. I think Yzerman would like to add a scoring winger to play with Stamkos. Although 35 he still plays at a high level and has played in 147 playoff games, more than our roster combined. The other deal I potentially see is Wingels for Connolly. Bit of a like for like swap. I like Wingels game, he's two way forward who can score, he's physical, gritty, versatile and play on both special teams units.

I really think the Wingels - Connolly trade would make sense for both teams. Sharks would miss Wingels play who complements there skilled players but Connolly who is starting to come along and long term would add some much needed skill. Wingels would replace Connolly on the 3rd line, add more offense and provide much need physicality and grit to this forward group.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure but it looks like we are in on yandle

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure but it looks like we are in on yandle

I've heard we are in on Yandle, Petry, Polak, Michalek and Wisnewski.

Yandle has next year left on his deal but I imagine the price on Yandle will be through the roof, more than what Yzerman is willing to pay

Rumor has it that Petry is close to being moved (possibly Anaheim) and could be had for a 2nd round pick.

Polak has a year left on his deal and would be the cheapest to acquire. He would be a nice replacement for Gudas, given his physical play.

If Petry can be had for a 2nd, I would think Michalek could be had for a 3rd. I personally would like Michalek and I think he would be the best fit in terms of being a stable stay-at-home D man, who can log 20 minutes and provide playoff experience.

Wisnewski, again a year left on his deal. I like his game, good puckmover and an element of grit but again I think the price will be too high.

Joe Smith: Lightning GM said he’s not surprised at the high prices for available defensemen. Said it’s “50-50″ that something gets done.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also seen a rumor with the Lightning linked to Kassian. Perhaps a Connolly for Kassian swap? They play similar roles but with adding Kassian we add much needed size and toughness to our forward group.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yandle is now off the market. Rangers get him for Anthony Duclair, John Moore and a 1st round pick.