• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tough Guy Thornton

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes after a guy who's like 5" shorter and 35 pounds lighter?

Regehr was right there, I was hoping he would have clocked that twunt.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Kings need to come out in the 3rd and lay out anyone and everyone wearing a black sweater.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was completely bush, first he hits the guy when he has his back turned and is heading towards the bench and then he engages when Voynov gets in his face. You're looking at the top of his helmet buddy, that should have been your first clue you will most likely manhandle him.

I hope the Kings get a shot at him in the playoffs and absolutely crush him. Not only for this, but I am still pissed about his turtle spin on Kings ice from the OT playoff goal in 2010 or 2011. Act like you've won something before, chump.

Not banking on it though, the Sharks will somehow lose a playoff series before boarding a plane once that clock hits April 16.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have never liked Jumbo Joe... Several years ago he threw a cheap shot punch at a King after time had expired in a game, I can't remember who it was on for some reason I wanna say Scuderi.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was completely bush, first he hits the guy when he has his back turned and is heading towards the bench and then he engages when Voynov gets in his face. You're looking at the top of his helmet buddy, that should have been your first clue you will most likely manhandle him.

I hope the Kings get a shot at him in the playoffs and absolutely crush him. Not only for this, but I am still pissed about his turtle spin on Kings ice from the OT playoff goal in 2010 or 2011. Act like you've won something before, chump.

Not banking on it though, the Sharks will somehow lose a playoff series before boarding a plane once that clock hits April 16.

its going to be Sharks vs Kings in first round unless they over take the Ducks for 1st.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its going to be Sharks vs Kings in first round unless they over take the Ducks for 1st.

The way the Ducks have played, that actually wouldn't surprise me. Ducks post-Olympics are 9-5-3, essentially .500 at 9-8.

Classic Boudreau coached team, light up the season, fade as March and April roll around, fizzle out in the playoffs. Hoping this is exactly what happens.

Would be all three playoff seasons with him as coach, although 2 years ago he came in mid-season when Carlyle was fired.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Dr Boudreau's "classic" coaching techniques go back even further. He coached the Monarchs for a few seasons (during the NHL lockout season when Cammy led the whole AHL in scoring & Brown was only 20 years old), but the Monarchs would be in 1st or 2nd in their conference, and flame out in the first round of the playoffs. After 3 years Taylor/Lieweekly let him go. He moves to Washington, they have a 121 point season, makes Ovechkin look like the next great one, only to have them flame out in the 1st round to Montreal, even with game 7 being at home. I recall the season after that Dr Boudreau changes his "style" swearing that he's going to make the Caps a defense-first team. Well that lasts one season frustrating the great show-off because it makes him a useless player as defense is completely foreign to him. So Dr Boudreau is canned at the beginning of the final season he's there only to miracleously land at Anaslime. But yeah if he doesnt get them to the finals (which their D & goalies will prevent that from happening imo) his act will be cast off in the offseason. Some team will maybe give him another shot only gecause he makes his teams offensive numbers look vastly inflated. But he should honeslty be coaching some midget team in Nova Scotia after this season.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that, he was butt hurt when the Kings didn't retain him and give him a shot after Andy Murray was fired.

The Ducks play a pretty freewheeling style, which is indicative of a Boudreau coached team, and I think when they hit a team like LA or St. Louis it's going to be lights out. It may be even sooner than that, they showed that last season losing to Detroit, who snuck in, in 7 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thorton hurt vs the Ducks tonight, not sure how bad. Didn't want to start a new thread though it may be impactful knowing we play them in the first round. (Ducks won tonight)

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that, he was butt hurt when the Kings didn't retain him and give him a shot after Andy Murray was fired.

The Ducks play a pretty freewheeling style, which is indicative of a Boudreau coached team, and I think when they hit a team like LA or St. Louis it's going to be lights out. It may be even sooner than that, they showed that last season losing to Detroit, who snuck in, in 7 games.

Ducks give up early leads and then out score teams in the third. Don't think that style will go far in the playoffs

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thorton hurt vs the Ducks tonight, not sure how bad. Didn't want to start a new thread though it may be impactful knowing we play them in the first round. (Ducks won tonight)

Wasn't Kopitar out the season of Turtle Spin?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks give up early leads and then out score teams in the third. Don't think that style will go far in the playoffs

Yeah...no. Teams are going to go into lockdown mode, and the Kings are one of the best at it.

The Ducks may get past whoever in the first round, but they get LA or the Blues and it's over if both teams play as they normally do.

Although Ryan Miller has been looking like a sieve recently, which actually makes me giddy. I would love nothing more than to see them go out quick after all the "contender" talk we've been forced to eat all season.