• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torrian Gray going to Florida

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FML

:L :L :L :L

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "pay" thing was handled a little poorly during the transition, but I do think I see what Fuente was trying to do. All position coaches are at this amount of $$$ until they prove otherwise. It sounds like it was more than the money part of it.

I hate to see Gray go, but it was bound to happen at some point. The guy is just too good and has a very high ceiling to be stuck behind Bud as our DB coach for the next 5-10 years. Many more doors will open because of his jump to the SEC. His future is bright. I wish him luck.

...And I think DBU will be OK too.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on how the Torrian Gray deal went down from Fuente. I think this settles any criticism.

VT's Fuente talks recruiting rankings, early signing period, Gray's exit

Florida coach Jim McElwain called Fuente the night of signing day to confirm the hiring, Fuente said.

“We really didn’t know how serious it was before signing day,” Fuente said when I asked if prospects had been informed of Gray’s possible departure before signing letters of intent. “To say it moved quickly, I think, is an understatement. It got serious quickly. We didn’t really talk to anybody about it because we didn’t know all that much about it. I didn’t feel like we were being disingenuous. … So we didn’t really address it because we really didn’t know there was anything to address.”

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing that 'Zete. It doesn't look like Fuente/The staff handled the Gray departure/signing day in a shady fashion. Sounds like all of the signees (that the departure might be relevant too) were likely told about it, and were either OK with it or had no other options that late in the game.

And a quick thumbs up for David Teel who was recently named VA sportswriter of the year for like the 10th time. He always puts out quality stuff :thumb: