• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torres Back Tomorrow!

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Will make the hit parade continue. Keith/Seabrook will get more and more fatigued, or lets hope anyway. Hit 'em early and hard... :thumb:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
92 hits delivered in two games.
that's gotta leave some bumps and bruises!

keep it going!! :boxing:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just keep it clean on the hits and we can break them down. welcome wolfgang.

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ty, Mattola.

Another suspension for Torres? If so, will it be 8 Like Keith Jones is saying (ie. double)?

I like what J Roenick said best. 10 years ago this was a GOOD HIT. I remember collisions like this in the old days (Leafs Sabres behind the net comes to mind, I think it was Wendl Clark). The difference was, players would be looking around, because these hits were fine/part of the game. Initially I thought it was a great check, and if Torres actually made an effort at the puck it may have been ok even today.

On replay, it looks like head-hunting. The Hawks need a bone in this series. Torres will be gone, again. He needs to put out clean hard working hits, and he will be fine. This has to change his approach or his leash will be even shorter.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty, Mattola.

Another suspension for Torres? If so, will it be 8 Like Keith Jones is saying (ie. double)?

I like what J Roenick said best. 10 years ago this was a GOOD HIT. I remember collisions like this in the old days (Leafs Sabres behind the net comes to mind, I think it was Wendl Clark). The difference was, players would be looking around, because these hits were fine/part of the game. Initially I thought it was a great check, and if Torres actually made an effort at the puck it may have been ok even today.

On replay, it looks like head-hunting. The Hawks need a bone in this series. Torres will be gone, again. He needs to put out clean hard working hits, and he will be fine. This has to change his approach or his leash will be even shorter.

remember Bertuzzi in the playoffs game 7 against the Blues. he would have been suspended a month for that hit.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and no suspension for Torres. I personally think they got this one right.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
hit count up to 130 in three games now.

and still zero reaction from the hawks.
hopefully this keeps Scott in their line-up, but I don't think so.
he didn't see another shift after taking his penalty (offensive zone, against a 4th liner)

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love the Canucks (they are my #2 team next to my hometown Sharks) but damn that Torres is just a serious scumbag. he is going to get his soon...

grover345

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure if you're trolling or not, but based on what?

He actually hit Seabrook with his shoulder, didn't leave his feet, and came in gliding, not skating like he was targeting the guy. He did everything within the rules.

I'll admit, my immediate reaction when I saw it live was that he's done, but having looked it over a bit more, I don't even think he deserved the interference penalty he got. He did exactly what was in the rules. If Seabrook can't keep his head up behind the net, he's going to get leveled. It sucks (Seabrook is a fantastic hockey player, and it's not great seeing anyone get hurt), but injuries are a part of the game, and if they happen because of a legal play, I fail to see the issue.

And before anyone says the 'you'd feel different if it was one of the Sedin's' argument... you're right. I would feel different. Wouldn't change the fact that they got leveled with a legal hit.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're trolling or not, but based on what?

He actually hit Seabrook with his shoulder, didn't leave his feet, and came in gliding, not skating like he was targeting the guy. He did everything within the rules.

I'll admit, my immediate reaction when I saw it live was that he's done, but having looked it over a bit more, I don't even think he deserved the interference penalty he got. He did exactly what was in the rules. If Seabrook can't keep his head up behind the net, he's going to get leveled. It sucks (Seabrook is a fantastic hockey player, and it's not great seeing anyone get hurt), but injuries are a part of the game, and if they happen because of a legal play, I fail to see the issue.

And before anyone says the 'you'd feel different if it was one of the Sedin's' argument... you're right. I would feel different. Wouldn't change the fact that they got leveled with a legal hit.

The comment about Torres most likely comes from when he played with Edmonton.

YouTube - Intent To Injure