• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 40 in World Golf Rankings going into the Masters.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-4-4_10-43-33.png

Tiger is 149

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Masters is the only golf I keep up with anymore. Always look forward to this week.
I go to Masters.com and watch their coverage of Amen's Corner and holes 15 & 16 on Thur and Fri. I'll do the same on the weekend, and watch the CBS coverage on tv

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Masters is the only golf I keep up with anymore. Always look forward to this week.
I go to Masters.com and watch their coverage of Amen's Corner and holes 15 & 16 on Thur and Fri. I'll do the same on the weekend, and watch the CBS coverage on tv

It is great to watch. I watch the 11th hole a lot. Guys like Bernhard Langer don't even try to knock it on.
They play to the right and usually end up making par.
13 is amazing to watch.
I wish TV could show how tough the short wedge shot on 15 is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is great to watch. I watch the 11th hole a lot. Guys like Bernhard Langer don't even try to knock it on.
13 is amazing to watch.
It is difficult to see just how tough the 15th pitch shots are, but by watching the golf ball, you can tell they are shots from hell. Wish I was there to try'em, tho!!!
The 13th and 16th holes are my favorites. Especially the pin placement on Sundays for the 16th!

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is great to watch. I watch the 11th hole a lot. Guys like Bernhard Langer don't even try to knock it on..
I remember watching the 11th hole in a playoff, when Raymond Floyd duck-hooked his shot into the middle of the pond. That pretty much gave the tourney away!. What I don't remember is who won. It was either Bernhard or Nick Faldo, but I could be wrong on both.
And of course, the miracle chip-in that crushed Greg Norman.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching the 11th hole in a playoff, when Raymond Floyd duck-hooked his shot into the middle of the pond. That pretty much gave the tourney away!. What I don't remember is who won. It was either Bernhard or Nick Faldo, but I could be wrong on both.
And of course, the miracle chip-in that crushed Greg Norman.

Pretty safe to say, if someone messed up on 11 in a playoff, the winner was Faldo.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is difficult to see just how tough the 15th pitch shots are, but by watching the golf ball, you can tell they are shots from hell. Wish I was there to try'em, tho!!!
The 13th and 16th holes are my favorites. Especially the pin placement on Sundays for the 16th!

16 is great for 3 days in my opinion.
That pin in the back right bugs me (Saturday pin usually).
Just end up seeing 40 foot uphill puts all day.
I guess that has to be the trade off for having everything filter down to the back left.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 is amazing to watch.

The elevation rise and fall on many holes but 10, and 11 especially is difficult to see on TV and green complexes in general...TV doesn't pick up that well either imo.

I've been twice, walked all 18 the 1st time...the second time we followed Phil's groups from 3 til Amen corner and we hung out near 16....you can see a lot of golf there...tee shot on 14, and 15 green. The 2nd shot on 15...the ball can literally be shin high.

The gallery on 12 is close to the players but far from the action on the green...go a on practice day early and go down there before the crowds get there...12 looks like an innocent little hole.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know the odds are not 100% telling in terms of the true favorite, but it just goes to show...a few decent tournament rounds under his belt and the course knowledge...some people really think Tiger can win this week.

We have good weather Thurs and Fri and the course probably got a decent amount of rain from the storms last night. Sat looks rainy and Sunday pretty good.

If Tiger posts a good Thur/Fri score and his name is on the 1st page on the weekend...I give him a decent shot to post a top 10, but I don't think he's ready to win a major.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elevation rise and fall on many holes but 10, and 11 especially is difficult to see on TV and green complexes in general...TV doesn't pick up that well either imo.

I've been twice, walked all 18 the 1st time...the second time we followed Phil's groups from 3 til Amen corner and we hung out near 16....you can see a lot of golf there...tee shot on 14, and 15 green. The 2nd shot on 15...the ball can literally be shin high.

The gallery on 12 is close to the players but far from the action on the green...go a on practice day early and go down there before the crowds get there...12 looks like an innocent little hole.

Shin high! I believe it.
The back nine is fantastic theater. You can't sleep on any shot.
17 bit Justin Rose this last year, and it bit Kenny Perry when he had a great shot about 10 years ago.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the odds are not 100% telling in terms of the true favorite, but it just goes to show...a few decent tournament rounds under his belt and the course knowledge...some people really think Tiger can win this week.

We have good weather Thurs and Fri and the course probably got a decent amount of rain from the storms last night. Sat looks rainy and Sunday pretty good.

If Tiger posts a good Thur/Fri score and his name is on the 1st page on the weekend...I give him a decent shot to post a top 10, but I don't think he's ready to win a major.

I know Bubba is sometimes viewed as a not so great putter.
When he is on with the flat stick however, his touch and pace is phenomenal.
I don't want to turn this into the Tiger show, but I am curious to see if he will be forced to tone down his antics, due to trying to save his back. Think about it. Some of those fist pumps involved sudden motions, that you can't get away with as much as you get older. He might be toning it down, not just because he wants to be liked(the nicer, gentler tiger), but because he does not want to end his career, for good.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Bubba is sometimes viewed as a not so great putter.
When he is on with the flat stick however, his touch and pace is phenomenal.
I don't want to turn this into the Tiger show, but I am curious to see if he will be forced to tone down his antics, due to trying to save his back. Think about it. Some of those fist pumps involved sudden motions, that you can't get away with as much as you get older. He might be toning it down, not just because he wants to be liked(the nicer, gentler tiger), but because he does not want to end his career, for good.

Bubba...Augusta greens are really about iron play...if you have the ball in the right position on the green, you can be aggressive and make putts, but if your iron play is off and you're constantly in lag mode it's gonna be a grind kind of day.

Bubba is one of the more creative players on tour moving the ball both directions and he can find those flags and be on the right level to have those aggressive putts and of course it's a par 72 so really par 68 or 69 for him.

Tiger...As long as he's in the top 10, CBS is not going to lose out on that audience...we're going to see every shot per norm....but if he fades outside of the top 10 they will keep an eye on his good shots, show his finish on 18 etc.

Celebration antics you're right, 42 is not 22 and he of all people should know that. If he makes a big putt on Sunday I would expect

Today is nice as predicted...but a chilly start for those early tee times...they should be able to start shedding layers after about 3 or 4 holes though.