• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Beer-Drinkingest States (per capita)

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of surprised Texas is on there... granted, we have some people here do drink a shit ton of beer... but with the number of dry counties and prudes and just the overall size of the state, you would think it would average out

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of surprised Texas is on there... granted, we have some people here do drink a shit ton of beer... but with the number of dry counties and prudes and just the overall size of the state, you would think it would average out

frankly, I was surprised Texas is on there too...it being the only Southern state on the list and, by far, the most heavily populated state on the list (which would tend to drive down the 'per capita' figures.) however, I can admit I was just as frankly amazed learning several years back that Texas led the country on drinking 'Light' beers on a 'per capita' basis as well...

SAY WHAT???

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many southern baptists down here

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never would have guessed half of these states. New Hampshire? Maine? weird....

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many southern baptists down here

haha...yah, but...

I used to work for Anheuser-Busch in the 1980s. Their two highest beer consumption cities ('per capita') in the country were Athens,GA and Tuscaloosa,AL.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am shocked Wisconsin made the list. Who am I kidding I am shocked it isn't #1, they must not count homebrewing because I think every other person in the state brews in their basement.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being from WI and now living in NV I can say it is my destiny to drink like a fish! lol I'm surprised MN isn't on it

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but my hometown has the most breweries per capita then any other town in America.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, but my hometown has the most breweries per capita then any other town in America.

If you are referring to Chicago, then you are wrong. Chicago has 3.? million people, so for it to compete with a town of say 1,000 on a per capita basis, it would need 3,000 breweries, which is more breweries than there are in America.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to Chicago, then you are wrong. Chicago has 3.? million people, so for it to compete with a town of say 1,000 on a per capita basis, it would need 3,000 breweries, which is more breweries than there are in America.

No, sorry let me clarify, NC in my name, NCChiFan refers to North Carolina and more specifically Asheville.

"Beer & Breweries

Welcome to Brewtopia

Asheville has long been famous for its stunning scenery, lively mountain music and famous attractions such as Biltmore and the Blue Ridge Parkway. And now, Asheville has become the craft-brewing center of the Southeast. Asheville beer has garnered so much enthusiasm that it was named the winner of the Examiner's “Beer City, USA” poll four years running.
Boasting more breweries per capita than any U.S. city (roughly one brewery per 8,000 people), Asheville is home to 11 craft breweries. On any given day, about 50 local beers can be enjoyed in Asheville, served on draft and in bottles. Each of our breweries has its own unique atmosphere and personality and the same could be said for the beer. Learn more about Asheville beer below."

Last edited by a moderator:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, sorry let me clarify, NC in my name, NCChiFan refers to North Carolina and more specifically Asheville.

"Beer & Breweries

Welcome to Brewtopia

Asheville has long been famous for its stunning scenery, lively mountain music and famous attractions such as Biltmore and the Blue Ridge Parkway. And now, Asheville has become the craft-brewing center of the Southeast. Asheville beer has garnered so much enthusiasm that it was named the winner of the Examiner's “Beer City, USA” poll four years running.
Boasting more breweries per capita than any U.S. city (roughly one brewery per 8,000 people), Asheville is home to 11 craft breweries. On any given day, about 50 local beers can be enjoyed in Asheville, served on draft and in bottles. Each of our breweries has its own unique atmosphere and personality and the same could be said for the beer. Learn more about Asheville beer below."

Now I suppose if you want to get technical, Black Mountain NC has Pisgah Brewing and 7,981 current population or say, Silva NC with 2,705 and a nice small brewer in Heinzelmännchen Brewery, however, I think the article is speaking of cities with relative size.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I forgot to mention Asheville has 4 more breweries coming to town, two biggies, New Belgium and Sierra Nevada, plus two more smaller craft breweries, Catawba Brewing and Twin Leaf. If you're wondering why Asheville, chalk it up 2 things: 1. Liberal brewing laws in NC and 2. The Water. The city water here only needs to have the fluoride and chlorine taken out for perfect brewing water, or so a few of the brewers have told me.

Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest binge drinking… Wisconsin… More specifically the University of Wisconsin #1, follow by 49 states.