• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Sanchez reminds me of Neil Walker

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now that statement is going to need some qualification.

What I mean is - Neil always seemed to disappoint in the minors, then he'd get promoted anyways, then he'd disappoint again, etc...
Then he gets to the show and he's been a better than average hitter.

So I look at Tony Sanchez and his numbers almost always make me sadface but at no point does it seem as if he's been promoted before he was ready. He's been hot as hell in July. .277 BA, .360 OBP, .975 OPS.

I think we'd all agree that it doesn't mean a lot but it does mean something. I haven't cut bait yet.

Oh and there's one other guy - Adalberto Santos. He's pretty old for AA but he's killing it. He was abusing the ball before he got injured but since he's been back it's escalated to aggravated assault. If he was listed at 1B I'd take it with a grain of salt but he's listed as an OF and if there's any chance that this guy is capable of contributing at a higher level I'd like to know now before he gets too old. Let him have a turn in AAA.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was thinking they would move him up to AAA to take marte's spot, since grossman was out of the picture.

surprised they traded friday for a AAA OF. maybe they can do both.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I'm not worried about Sanchez, still think he becomes a decent starter for the Pirates, although maybe not right away.

Santos is interesting, not sure it matters a ton if he is in AA or AAA, he just needs to get healthy and get ab's, and he seems really likely to play in the Arizona Fall League. From what I remember he used to be a second basemen, so I would assume he can play a fairly efficient corner OF spot.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Santos' age can be attributed to the fact that we was drafted as a college senior. The biggest oddity with him is that while he was a very good hitter in college, he has hit even better as a pro. Of he had a little more power, or could still play the infield, I would like him a lot more. That is not to say that i don't like him anyway, just nit-picking.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Considering the level of expectations we all had for this guy ( Well expectation is part of it... hopeful expectations might be more like it.).. So considering the road has been a little bumpy...I will take any good news with this guy...

Plus this is not a kid in Rookie ball having a good month...He is in the high minors..And he is starting to hit a little.

It is not earth shattering... but I will take it.