• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TNT Talent Show 2018 Predictions Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will slowly watch this on the DVR over the next few days.

Oladipo - Singing
Donovan Mitchell - Drums
Terrence Ross - Gaming
Josh Richardson - DJ
Robin Lopez - Shoe Art
Danilo Gallinari - Cooking
Jameer Nelson - Cooking
Dwight Howard - Impersonations

Charles is going to make fun of Ross the most, I think. I don't think he's going to like gaming.

Oladipo has done it a few times. He's a good singer. I wouldn't be surprised if he won.

Mitchell will probably face a challenge, in that the judges (the TNT crew) probably don't listen to rock / jazz music with live drums. So they won't know what to listen for.

Howard can be funny, but somehow I don't think he'll pull off the impersonations.

Richardson might have an advantage, if he does music that the judges like.

I have no idea what shoe art is, but that should be good.

I'll say Lopez and Gallinari finish top 2.

I'll pick Gallinari to win.

Judges usually like food. I'm not sure if they get to taste it though.

I'm rooting for Mitchell though, just because I think his music style will put him at a slight disadvantage, and because it would be cool to see a young player really show off different things this (past All-Star) weekend.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oladipo went first and sang. Kenny Smith said that the song Oladipo sang was one of his favorite songs.

Snoop Dogg then joined the set.

Mitchell drummed to the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Dani California". After the video, Snoop Dogg said that Mitchell was a beat late, and that a drummer should never keep the others waiting.

Kenny Smith then said "Yeah I heard that too", and everyone else piled on.

Snoop Dogg ruined Mitchell's chances. :(

Ross went head to head against a pro video game player. The pro won the first to matches in the fighting game, with Ross winning the 3rd.

Charles said that a grown man shouldn't be playing video games, and that he (Charles) has a life.

Richardson did DJing. Snoop Dogg said that Richardson did more of a tutorial, then a good live demo. He said he talked about doing things, but didn't show them. He also said that Richardson crossed his arms when mixing, and that a DJ should never do that. He also didn't believe that Richardson really scratched, because we didn't see his arms (they were obstructed).

Snoop Dogg continued piling on the contestants.

Robin Lopez' shoe art was good. Damian Lillard, among others, have used his art on their shoes in games before.

Gallinari made Alfredo pasta. He specifically related to how each ingredient reflected a member of the TNT crew. I thought he did a good job in his video, especially relating it to the judges.

Jameer Nelson made salmon, and roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. Charles and Kenny said they don't eat fish. Charles also said he doesn't eat vegetables.

Charles said that if Nelson had made fried chicken, he would have won.

Howard impersonated 3 of the TNT crew (not Ernie). I thought he did a pretty good job. But Shaq gave him a ZERO, which killed his score.

The judges final four were Oladipo, Gallinari, Lopez, and Nelson.

Fans voted for the winner.

Oladipo won with 62%, then Lopez with 24%, then Gallinari with 8%, and Nelson with 6%

I know the fans couldn't taste the food, but Gallinari and Nelson did a good job. They deserved better than those low scores (although Lopez was good too). Oladipo was better last year IMO.

I'm picky as to when I eat salmon. But the way Nelson made it, I'd eat it.

Richardson should have made a little better video, showing a little more. I thought he was ok. But Snoop Dogg killed him and too many other contestants.

Ross did the best he could, going against a pro gamer. What more can he do?

A problem with Mitchell was that due to editing, we didn't get to hear him drum the full song. He only heard 45 seconds - 1 minute. We need to hear the whole song.

I know TNT has to get to every contestants, but everyone should have made a video where they show off their skill for at least 3 straight minutes.

Gallinari and Nelson should have asked for the judges' dietary preferences.

Kenny Smith also said "I don't eat meat", when presented with the fish. But then did he eat the pasta, because that had speck in it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* But then did he eat the pasta? Because that had spec in it.