• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to bench or reduce time for Garcon??....Absolutely!!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see visions of j-y, shark , sportster and the rest saying garcon was traded because of mesus

You don't know me very well dad. At best we have had mediocre play at QB for the entire year. Clearly and with good reason DJax has been a main focus of the offense. Garcon is still valuable. For one thing he is a hellacious blocker in the run game.

Actually you have me pegged so wrong. I have nothing against Griffin. I don't like some things he has done but he didn't ask anyone to overpay for him in a trade. He works hard. It is not his fault that he is an option QB that was drafted No. 2 overall. That die was cast 3 years ago. The question is where do they go from here. Continue on or look elsewhere.

I thought I have been very clear. My issue is with the owner. His history and the teams record speaks for itself. As you have told me that isn't going to change. I can't help rooting for this team. I'd love to switch but after 50 years I think it is too late.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i bet we end up regretting it too.

This team needs a huge cultural shift. They don't play together so deal em away for J.Gruden players. If he likes Garcon, he will make sure he isn't traded easily.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly - I don't believe that it really matters if they keep or get rid of Garcon at this pt. Look at most of the elite teams in the NFL. There is generally one common factor - a very good QB & a solid O line. Obviously at this pt the Redskins have neither. As you saw yesterday it really doesn't matter if a WR runs good routes or gets open when the line can't block or the QB is inaccurate.

As I stated before RG3 is basically in audition mode at this time & thus far he is failing miserably (for whatever reason). Don't really care if they stick with him or go with McCoy at this time. However - if RG3 still plays he is going to have to show that he has something left or the Redskins are completely within their rights to move on without him. Just like with Cousins it is kind of hard to trust the guy on the field at this time. I don't care about what he says or any of that crap, but when he plays like he did yesterday it might be time to move on. It is pretty much up to him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs a huge cultural shift. They don't play together so deal em away for J.Gruden players. If he likes Garcon, he will make sure he isn't traded easily.

Not a half bad approach & I would start implementing it ASAP. For starters start benching players like Clark who add no value to the team. I don't care who takes his place since they can't be much worse. BTW - if they want to bench RG3 - NP for me - I can take or leave him at this pt.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know me very well dad. At best we have had mediocre play at QB for the entire year. Clearly and with good reason DJax has been a main focus of the offense. Garcon is still valuable. For one thing he is a hellacious blocker in the run game.

Actually you have me pegged so wrong. I have nothing against Griffin. I don't like some things he has done but he didn't ask anyone to overpay for him in a trade. He works hard. It is not his fault that he is an option QB that was drafted No. 2 overall. That die was cast 3 years ago. The question is where do they go from here. Continue on or look elsewhere.

I thought I have been very clear. My issue is with the owner. His history and the teams record speaks for itself. As you have told me that isn't going to change. I can't help rooting for this team. I'd love to switch but after 50 years I think it is too late.

I hear you. It is certainly frustrating being a Redskins fans & yes we may say the wrong things at times but can anyone blame us? I would like to believe that everyone in the Redskins organization is meeting now and saying "what are we doing wrong?" and take it from there.

Obviously you can't get rid of the owner, but there are certain things they can do. Again - pay as much $$ as possible to have best scouts in the NFL. Evaluate the rest of your organization & if you aren't going to replace them now then put them on notice for next season. Oh well - not going to mention other things that have been mentioned here & elsewhere thousands of times.

HTTR (half heartedly)