• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for a gun safe

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be honest, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I saw the rough idea when he began developing the safe. I followed the process of development and prototype engineering, as well as his efforts to gain a patent on it once that he had a finished product.
I remember him telling me the specifics, but since I had brain surgery my memory isn't what it used to be. I don't recall one bit of detailed information. I know it is unique. I'll get info on it later today and post it up.

If I don't forget.
Thanks. I had thought about getting biometric hand gun safe, but am leaning towards a push combo. Maybe yours has a little something extra.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I had thought about getting biometric hand gun safe, but am leaning towards a push combo. Maybe yours has a little something extra.

I spoke with my nephew. He told me that the safe is code activated, with a biometric component that can be swapped in if you want to go that route.
It's currently going through a review process with Master Lock. He's hoping they will buy it from him.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke with my nephew. He told me that the safe is code activated, with a biometric component that can be swapped in if you want to go that route.
It's currently going through a review process with Master Lock. He's hoping they will buy it from him.
Now I would really like the option. I just don't trust the biometric to always work. The few things I have to use them on seems to be hit and miss. Mostly hit though. Sometimes if my finger is oily, it won't work. Or if I scratched or burnt it a little.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at one very similar the other day at Tractor Supply, pretty badass and not as expensive as I was expecting either. It's on my list of "wood".
I know I am late to the game but you probably want to avoid the safes at Tractor. Since you live in Alabama Southland Safes is a great place. They have a Haleyville and Florence store. Haleyville being the main location.

I bought a Browning. They have a feature where you can store long guns with a scope in the door. This greatly increases the storage and they use a system of adjustable shelves for handguns etc.
Way more storage capability than other safes.

Copejunkie

Pain is weakness leaving the body
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am late to the game but you probably want to avoid the safes at Tractor. Since you live in Alabama Southland Safes is a great place. They have a Haleyville and Florence store. Haleyville being the main location.

I bought a Browning. They have a feature where you can store long guns with a scope in the door. This greatly increases the storage and they use a system of adjustable shelves for handguns etc.
Way more storage capability than other safes.
I have one and I will say it works well. I Like the door feature because It makes getting a regular shooter out much easier.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMSEC and Liberty probably make the best gun safes. Gardall are nice too. If you buy the cheap Chinese safes, both all 3 of the aforementioned have an import line, you will be disappointed.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picture of the inside of the Browning. Long guns can be stored in the door which raises the potential storage and on the left side the shelves are adjustable.

Sporter33loaded.jpg

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this week we got one of those Hornady SnapSafe under the bed safes.

1410994511-75401-Under-Bed-Safe-Large.412b2e84.png