• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger vs Phil set for Thanksgiving Weekend

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

Remember when you were a kid and you got your first Chocolate Easter Bunny. It came in a box and you opened it up, took a big bite of that Bunny and ....bam, and at that moment you realize the Chocolate Bunny was hollow and you were like ...what the &^%$!

I think that is what this will be. The packaging has you fooled, but you will soon realize the whole thing was just another hollow chocolate Easter Bunny.

cadbury-milk-chocolate-bunny-131727-im22.jpg

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh - no big deal. It doesn't really matter who wins - it is just a fun exhibition. If it is lousy as you are suggesting - NP - lots of other sports on that weekend.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - short of one of them getting injured or them shooting horribly (which might even be fun to watch for some) how can this not be fun to watch? It is not as if anyone is expecting both of them to shoot lights out. If that happens it will just be a bonus. At least w/ this exhibition nobody can complain that the network is focusing too much on Tiger & not enough on the other golfers. :D

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - short of one of them getting injured or them shooting horribly (which might even be fun to watch for some) how can this not be fun to watch? It is not as if anyone is expecting both of them to shoot lights out. If that happens it will just be a bonus. At least w/ this exhibition nobody can complain that the network is focusing too much on Tiger & not enough on the other golfers. :D

The over-hype will make it no fun for me. I'd do a 180 if they ponied up their own cash....a good sum.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh - no big deal. It doesn't really matter who wins - it is just a fun exhibition. If it is lousy as you are suggesting - NP - lots of other sports on that weekend.

No, I would not go as far to say it's going to be lousy.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My questions is, would it be more enjoyable if they are clowning around a lot or really taking it serious?
I'm thinking the latter because the clowning around in my eyes would be fake. They still can't stand each other.

Oh and 10 bucks says at some point there will be a Phil double hit putt joke.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My questions is, would it be more enjoyable if they are clowning around a lot or really taking it serious?
I'm thinking the latter because the clowning around in my eyes would be fake. They still can't stand each other.

Oh and 10 bucks says at some point there will be a Phil double hit putt joke.

Who knows, but I don't really think that they dislike each other. At a minimum they realize that both are responsible for bringing the game to its current state and it has made a lot of money for both of them. I really believe at this pt they both value whatever time that they have left to play at a higher level.

They are both competitors so I don't think that they will joke around too much for this one.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

Remember when you were a kid and you got your first Chocolate Easter Bunny. It came in a box and you opened it up, took a big bite of that Bunny and ....bam, and at that moment you realize the Chocolate Bunny was hollow and you were like ...what the &^%$!

I think that is what this will be. The packaging has you fooled, but you will soon realize the whole thing was just another hollow chocolate Easter Bunny.

I think it will be an interesting watch if it is shown on tape delay so it can be condensed. Following two guys for 18 holes of golf with no one else on the course to switch off to while they are walking 300 yds up the fairway would get old pretty quick.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

BTW, I've had a few solid chocolate Easter Bunnies over the years and they are not fun to eat :nono:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be an interesting watch if it is shown on tape delay so it can be condensed. Following two guys for 18 holes of golf with no one else on the course to switch off to while they are walking 300 yds up the fairway would get old pretty quick.

Interesting point. Tiger & Phil did this years ago and I forget how they filled in the time in between.

It was the Battle at the bridges or something but it may have been 2 teams

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. However it would be funny to watch Mickelson basically high five every fan while Tiger went out of his way to ignore most of them.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point. Tiger & Phil did this years ago and I forget how they filled in the time in between.

It was the Battle at the bridges or something but it may have been 2 teams

It's in Vegas they should be able to come up w/ something. How about strippers on the course ala that police tourney fiasco in SoCal years ago.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in Vegas they should be able to come up w/ something. How about strippers on the course ala that police tourney fiasco in SoCal years ago.

:eek:

OK, now I'm definitely watching :yes:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #2 and #3 are contrary points of view, but both nailed it.

Neither of these guys need the money so marketing the amount of money means next to zero to me...if it was a battle for each other's charity...the winner got $10mil and the loser got $5mil...it would have more meaning to me anyway.

It's not must see or appointment TV, but if I'm home...being the golfhead I am, I'll probably watch some it, but this doesn't do much for me.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the meh, who cares posters and I'll fucking watch it anyway.

giphy.gif

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

im going for those little fucking hands

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think Tiger could concentrate with strippers on the course? :noidea:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3