• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger is officially lurking.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger, will be as good or great, as his driving (from the Tee) will let him. If he drives the ball good........he has the all the other parts of his game, back.

And he has one more thing. He in the past, has another gear, that nobody else has.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said golf was boring. I enjoy playing it and I’ve been to the Bridgestone Invitational a few times as a spectator. In fact, one year, I was lucky enough to be a member of the last “civilian” foursome to play Firestone’s North Course before it was closed for the tournament.

I was merely pointing out the irony of a big golf fan insinuating that baseball is boring. I’m not surprised at all that you didn’t catch that

I never said golf was boring.

I never said that you did. Not surprised you didn't catch that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a stat yesterday that was pretty striking ..

Tiger was 1 shot off the lead with 5 holes to go and lost by 8 to Rory.
The ESPN headline made me laugh ...

"Tiger Woods can't sustain late momentum"

No other golfer would get that headline after going 3 over on the last 3 holes.
That is a collapse. And that is the word that would have been used if it was any other golfer.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He folded like a cheap lawn chair.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...says a guy who's posting in a golf forum.

You wanna know why I've never posted in any baseball forum? It's because baseball is boring as fuck. The fact that it's boring as fuck is why all baseball fans have to hate another team. It's required. What else is there to do anyway?

You fucking commie sympathizer.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a collapse. And that is the word that would have been used if it was any other golfer.

He was 2 over on the last 3 holes - not 3 over. He messed up but not that surprising given that he has been away from the tour for so long - shit happens. IMO the bigger aspect was Rory shooting lights out on the back 9.

You are 100% correct about the ridiculous amt of coverage of Tiger, but again this is how sports are covered in this era for big name athletes like Tiger, LeBron, Kaerpernick, etc & is based on both on & off field/course/court things (in Kaepernick's case he only has off field at this time).

Just accept the fact that the flawed media covers things in this manner & move on. If you like Tiger (like me) - great - continue to cheer for him. If you hate him - fine - continue to do so - this is another aspect of sports that makes things fun. Just don't get so upset about media coverage of him - it is just a fact of life right now & it may be messed up but it ain't changing.

In any case the Masters should be very fun to watch regardless of who you like.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just knew Tiger was going to pull that tee shot down the third base line. Seems like that bites him in the ass at some point in a tournament.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 top 5s in a row i believe. Better yet, his swing looks confident.

Hope he physically holds up.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He went 2 over in his last 3 holes with a helluva par on 18. Obviously you've never played the last few holes at Bay Hill. It's a challenge for even the best in the world.

Rory was ballin and a top 5 from Tiger is pretty solid. A collapse in golf on those holes coming down the stretch is alot more than +2.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you've never played the last few holes at Bay Hill. .

image_by_brandonthebeast34-d7mxn0y.jpg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 2 over on the last 3 holes - not 3 over. He messed up but not that surprising given that he has been away from the tour for so long - shit happens. IMO the bigger aspect was Rory shooting lights out on the back 9.

You are 100% correct about the ridiculous amt of coverage of Tiger, but again this is how sports are covered in this era for big name athletes like Tiger, LeBron, Kaerpernick, etc & is based on both on & off field/course/court things (in Kaepernick's case he only has off field at this time).

Just accept the fact that the flawed media covers things in this manner & move on. If you like Tiger (like me) - great - continue to cheer for him. If you hate him - fine - continue to do so - this is another aspect of sports that makes things fun. Just don't get so upset about media coverage of him - it is just a fact of life right now & it may be messed up but it ain't changing.

In any case the Masters should be very fun to watch regardless of who you like.

My bad, I thought he double bogeyed the 16th.

And, I'm sorry but i will never accept a double standard. Ever.

The idea that the actions of 1 person can be seen in as winning for one person and those same actions seen in a losing light for another? ....no, I have to shed a light on that anytime I see it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I thought he double bogeyed the 16th.

And, I'm sorry but i will never accept a double standard. Ever.

The idea that the actions of 1 person can be seen in as winning for one person and those same actions seen in a losing for another? ....no, I have to shed a light on that anytime I see it.

Not necessarily a double standard. For someone like Tiger who has been away from the tour for so long finishing in the top 5 two weeks in a row is a pretty good accomplishment. I you choose to see it differently fine.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went 2 over in his last 3 holes with a helluva par on 18. Obviously you've never played the last few holes at Bay Hill. It's a challenge for even the best in the world.

Rory was ballin and a top 5 from Tiger is pretty solid. A collapse in golf on those holes coming down the stretch is alot more than +2.

My bad, it was only 2 over.

Yea, at 2 over ...I guess you could say it's stretch to call it a collapse.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, it was only 2 over.

Yea, at 2 over ...I guess you could say it's stretch to call it a collapse.

Media's gonna media, especially with Tiger. Good to see Tiger playing well and Rory playing well, while crying about drunk people in the crowd.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media's gonna media, especially with Tiger. Good to see Tiger playing well and Rory playing well, while crying about drunk people in the crowd.

Drunk people yelling your wife's name ...