• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tick, tick, tick ....

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The clock is ticking. He has auditioned long enough. He has got to play."

This is what I have been looking for Gruden to say. I am not sure about the stat but Robert has only led the team to something like 5 TDs in 5 games (including preseason.) He is approaching the end of his third year, that is a quarter of a long career in the NFL. It is time to show what he can play.

He set such a high standard for himself that first year but hasn't been able to come close to that again. Cousins who has stated less than 10 games clearly can move the team more effectively, of course he also turns the ball over too much. Colt played well in 1 1/2 games. You can't convince his teammate that they are putting the best player available on the field if his play doesn't pickup.

I am not writing him off but it is time to stop coddling the guy. People have used injury and a former HC as an excuse for his play. It is time for no more excuses. "The clock is ticking. He has auditioned long enough. He has got to play." I agree with the HC. Stick to your guns coach.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Geuden threw this out there. It should go without saying, but Robert needs to know this. Hopefully the Jedi mind trick will work and RG will commit in every way imagine able.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Geuden threw this out there. It should go without saying, but Robert needs to know this. Hopefully the Jedi mind trick will work and RG will commit in every way imagine able.

Hope you are right. Next few weeks should show us everything we need to know going about Robert.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the worse thing that's happened to RGIII and this team was the 2012 season. After setting the NFL on edge what could have possibly been the resulting aftermath....topping that or settling into mortality? Unfortunately, we had/have none of the former and far too much of the latter. So, what happened to this guy, but far more importantly the team surrounding him? I liken it to attending the annual 4th of July celebrations in this country where we spend too much time and energy preparing for the trip, only to be dazzled then convinced that it was well worth it as we marvel at the show. Finally, realizing that when it's done our focus is returned to reality.

This does not have to be the end of the story though, there's still time to right the ship....that is of course...if we're not still talking about how great the show was.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 games left and it will be the end of year 3 . time to show

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why did Gruden feel it necessary to make these public statements? Examining what' he's actually saying here while very revealing also points out the internal strife going on within the management team.
"The clock is ticking. He has auditioned long enough. He has got to play."....... Let's call this the "show-pony" statement, by that I mean Gruden has taken direct aim at his bosses desire to trot out the RGIII brand and demand that the sells job has come to an end.

"His biggest thing, he's been coddled for so long,"......This is the most damming part of his public utterances in that he definitely is not talking about RGIII but rather to people around him. Who are the mysterious coddlers that continued to do so for the last three years?

This was a Gruden shot across the bow of Allen, Snyder or both which basically is saying that [we are going to win some games with or without you. If you continue to get in the way that's your choice, but understand that I'll call you out as well as any player.]

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why did Gruden feel it necessary to make these public statements? Examining what' he's actually saying here while very revealing also points out the internal strife going on within the management team.
"The clock is ticking. He has auditioned long enough. He has got to play."....... Let's call this the "show-pony" statement, by that I mean Gruden has taken direct aim at his bosses desire to trot out the RGIII brand and demand that the sells job has come to an end.

"His biggest thing, he's been coddled for so long,"......This is the most damming part of his public utterances in that he definitely is not talking about RGIII but rather to people around him. Who are the mysterious coddlers that continued to do so for the last three years?

This was a Gruden shot across the bow of Allen, Snyder or both which basically is saying that [we are going to win some games with or without you. If you continue to get in the way that's your choice, but understand that I'll call you out as well as any player.]

gruden is telling Rg3 and upper management what needs to happen and according to albert breer they are in sync with gruden

this is a good sign

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you might be over analyzing this. I don't see it as Gruden was sending a message to management, I just think this is who he is. He calls it as he sees it and has no issue answering a direct question with how he really feels. After getting burned a time or two, he'll probably learn to tone it down a couple of notches.