• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thunder At Clippers, November 13,2013

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My adapted city's Celtics just lost a tough one to Charlotte. Still about half an hour before my native city's game starts.

Haven't been able to watch many Thunder games so far, so I'll start by asking opinions on who's played up to expectations so far and who hasn't.

SPEAK UP, THUNDER FANS!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who's expectations we are going on. Most would say Adams has played above expectation, but I expected him to be the best center for OKC this year when he was drafted. Adams' rebounding is has been very good for a rookie and his offense is further along then expected. Adams doesn't hesitate around the bucket and goes up strong. Adams is going to be a good player and will end up making the Harden trade look good for OKC as it solved their true weakness; the lack of a legitimate center.

PJ3 has looked better then I expected so far this year. He has reminded me of a young Jeff Green, which is very good for the 8th/9th guy in the rotation. Lamb has been solid and playing good for a second year player, but can't wait for his shot to get a bit more consistent. Lamb's play and style reminds me of a young Ray Allen, but I don't expect him to end up that good. Thabo's shooting has been off so he's been worse then expected. Perkins is still a big body on the block that offers nothing more.

Collison has been the normal come hard and compete every day type we are used to. Reggie Jackson has been solid, although he really needs to work on his 3 point shooting. Ibaka has been about what is expected from him putting up a double double and playing strong defense. Fisher has been as expected. Overall the team has been pretty much what was expected. I'd like to see Adams take over as the starting center with Thabeet as the back-up.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who's expectations we are going on. Most would say Adams has played above expectation, but I expected him to be the best center for OKC this year when he was drafted. Adams' rebounding is has been very good for a rookie and his offense is further along then expected. Adams doesn't hesitate around the bucket and goes up strong. Adams is going to be a good player and will end up making the Harden trade look good for OKC as it solved their true weakness; the lack of a legitimate center.

PJ3 has looked better then I expected so far this year. He has reminded me of a young Jeff Green, which is very good for the 8th/9th guy in the rotation. Lamb has been solid and playing good for a second year player, but can't wait for his shot to get a bit more consistent. Lamb's play and style reminds me of a young Ray Allen, but I don't expect him to end up that good. Thabo's shooting has been off so he's been worse then expected. Perkins is still a big body on the block that offers nothing more.

Collison has been the normal come hard and compete every day type we are used to. Reggie Jackson has been solid, although he really needs to work on his 3 point shooting. Ibaka has been about what is expected from him putting up a double double and playing strong defense. Fisher has been as expected. Overall the team has been pretty much what was expected. I'd like to see Adams take over as the starting center with Thabeet as the back-up.

Don't worry about what concensus expectations may have been or mine for that matter. Call it as you, personally see it.

Where the Celtics are concerned, Vito Faverani has been better in the post than I would ever have expected from an NBA rookie, and Kelly Olynyk has performed as a 1st round pick should. Avery Bradley has been markedly better than he was in his rookie season.

Long story short I was expecting an ugly season for the team since it has a new coach and was rebuilding
after trading away Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, both of whom showed their age badly last season. Now the idea of Banner 18 coming this year seems only improbable where back in July it seemed impossible to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics have some decent young pieces, but they look like they could be stuck in purgatory. They are not as bad as they need to be to get top 5 picks, but they are not good enough to win anything significant. Maybe a first round playoff elimination or back of the lottery picks. They will have two first round picks this year, though, in a deep class. Atlanta is going to come out looking brilliant when they get a top 10 pick from the Nets from the Joe Johnson trade in what is a very deep draft.

Champ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play the Clippers again tonight. Think we will beat them this time. We're home think the score will be 102 111 Thunder!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have started another thread for this game but my adapted city's Bruins were hosting St Louis at the same time.

So far, so good in this one.

GO THUNDER!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind seeing Blake Griffin playing for his native city's team some day.

How long are the odds against that though?