• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the season?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im satisfied with 10-3 and a bowl win.

How about you guys?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was all I was pretty much expecting & hoping for this year.

I'm just glad we didn't get embarrassed on NYD and finally got it together in the 4th quarter for a pretty exciting win after an atrocious three quarters.

I'll take it ... and like it.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really disappointed in the lack of progress by Wimbush. I thought he would start to excel by the end of the season, which obviously didn’t happen. I’m optimistic about next year, but that might depend on who decides to head into the draft. Kelly stated that Mike Elko was staying which is a good thing, but I see him moving on as a head coach soon.

But as for 2017, any year where we beat SC by 30 points cant be considered much of a disappointment. Hopefully this recruiting class can fill in some of the losses we will have and we can put 2016 even further back in history.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you already know i was disappointed. season's start i'd have been happy with 10-3, but after the start they had and then the apparent backwards movement i can't be happy with this team. ugly bowl win or not over a crap LSU didn't change a thing for me. they looked worse near the end of the season than at the beginning and good teams don't do that unless they're riddled with injuries.
my feelings haven't changed .... until kelly is gone this team will frustrate all of us every year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the bowl win and going 10-3, but the way they played down the stretch is unacceptable and Wimbush not developing all season to me is a concern.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the bowl win and going 10-3, but the way they played down the stretch is unacceptable and Wimbush not developing all season to me is a concern.

Yeah I agree about the play down the stretch was unacceptable but that had a lot to do with Wimbush being trash.

Stanford was a very winnable game with a solid QB.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went in with no expectations, but it was a good season because of the way the team rebounded after last yr. The new coaching staff was so much better and these kids were way more into it this yr, so I give credit to BK on that one.

Wim was such a bust for me. I can understand missing on the bombs, but the short shit was terrible. He was the main reason the run game sputtered towards the end of the season. Talented teams forced ND to run the ball and I said it all yr, once Wim is forced to throw, we'll see what this team is all about. It was not very good. He never got better and that was the worse part. He also couldn't read the defense to change some plays around. Let's see if he can play RB for this team.

BK once again failed to get this team ready for the big game. The loss to Mia was flat out embarrassing, esp the way Mia ended the season. After that, the Stanford loss didn't shock me. He once again either can't or won't change his game plan in the middle of the game. It's like.....either this will work or were fucked....I'll give him credit for putting Book in, but I felt he should have been put in at the end of the season. I thought the OL stepped up once they didn't have to try and block 6/7 guys.

Besides Wim, I would have to say Mack has been such a huge disappointment. The kid is so talented but just can't seem to get it together. Can't seem to stay out of trouble. Would not shock me to see him take off this yr.

Excited for the this class coming in!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!