• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thompkins waived

PatsRule12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have waived Thompkins and promoted linebacker Ja’Gared Davis from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, per the NFL transaction wire.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed with this. Does anybody know why he has not played the last 2 games?
Does anybody know why Amendola has a job at 4 million or whatever and Thompkins is released at $465k or whatever?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed with this. Does anybody know why he has not played the last 2 games?
Does anybody know why Amendola has a job at 4 million or whatever and Thompkins is released at $465k or whatever?

Not completely sure but i believe DA cost more to cut(it is still a terrible move)i could understand cut for maybe a better reciever,but a LB who may only play ST,dobson has played 40 minutes,too many questions

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the coaches have to go through concussion tests,because this coach seems to have full blown dementia

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes zero sense. He'll land somewhere.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Thompkins and Dobson were inactive last week because of "football" reasons according to Bill Belichick and he would not elaborate. Accoring to Christian Fauria of WEEI, both guyswere absolutely horrible in practice last week and even Brady was doing some ass chewing at practice. Basically they were so bad in practice that they couldn't be trusted in a game.

Thompkins was outstanding last year because he as playing for his football life. This year he's made no impact at all. Maybe he's gotten just a little complacent figuring he made the 53 man roster.

With Tyms coming off suspension, Thompkins had to take it up at least two notches since he was benched for poor play last week. Apparently Tyms showed up ready to play and Thompkins didn't. As a result he's gone.

Browner didn't make much of an impact in camp this week and he's inactive.

Personally, I don't have a problem with this move. Just wish BB would cut some of the so called offensive linemen that can't block.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tyms had such a good week, to lead to the release of KT, why is he inactive for tonights game. Tyms has bounced around practice squads and active rosters for a few teams since 2012. He had a good preseason against players not in the league anymore, hope he is worth it. KT at least had production, DA should have been the one to go. Tyms unproven so hope he shows up and shows something.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots moves this year and last year make absolutely not sense to me. I get Thompkins might not have been special but he is a decent deep threat and they just let him go. Didn't even try to trade him and get something. BB decisions make me shake my head.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, it's impossible to have to little dudes like Edelman and Amendola get open all the time; obviously Edelman is much more focused, tough, and the money maybe should have gone to him. But, there is no support at the WR position and Gronk seems to be limping around; he doesn't look as solid as he used to. So what's left? Run the friggin ball more and stop pretending Brady passes to 10 guys in a game, he does not do that anymore. The O-line is what it is. Better coaching is needed there.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Thompkins and Dobson were inactive last week because of "football" reasons according to Bill Belichick and he would not elaborate. Accoring to Christian Fauria of WEEI, both guyswere absolutely horrible in practice last week and even Brady was doing some ass chewing at practice. Basically they were so bad in practice that they couldn't be trusted in a game.

Thompkins was outstanding last year because he as playing for his football life. This year he's made no impact at all. Maybe he's gotten just a little complacent figuring he made the 53 man roster.

With Tyms coming off suspension, Thompkins had to take it up at least two notches since he was benched for poor play last week. Apparently Tyms showed up ready to play and Thompkins didn't. As a result he's gone.

Browner didn't make much of an impact in camp this week and he's inactive.

Personally, I don't have a problem with this move. Just wish BB would cut some of the so called offensive linemen that can't block.

Thanks Ken, I'm satisfied with that.
I might be the only one that thinks the O-line has potential to be good. I get that. Looking at Solder, Stork, Vollmer, Fleming, Connolly, and Wendell, this line is one good lineman away from being very good, when healthy. Unfortunately, Mankins was that one good lineman. We need to get past that and get healthy. Then find one more good lineman......

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be some internal issue going on inside the locker rooms that belichik is keeping it under raps because isnt this basically the same offense brady had last season that took them all the way to the conference game? And now your waiving and benching those same players? I picked up amendola on my FF thinking with him healthy, dobson, thompkins, edelmen, and gronc this passing game will be fire.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see Thompkins go, especially to the Raiders.

Hope he can grab some cash anyway!

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also sorry to see Tompkins go. His was a real heartwarming story , coming from a hard family situation and being able to keep it together. Hope he shows something with the Raiders and maybe gets picked up by a solid team. Amendola has shown absolutely nothing since being hurt in his first game as a Pat. As was mentioned earlier, his contract situation is such that the team would take a real financial hit if they let him go this year. Next year, however, the money hit would not be nearly as hard and DA might be gone then.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also sorry to see Tompkins go. His was a real heartwarming story , coming from a hard family situation and being able to keep it together. Hope he shows something with the Raiders and maybe gets picked up by a solid team. Amendola has shown absolutely nothing since being hurt in his first game as a Pat. As was mentioned earlier, his contract situation is such that the team would take a real financial hit if they let him go this year. Next year, however, the money hit would not be nearly as hard and DA might be gone then.

I was a real heartwarming story and it still is!
I wish it would continue but if he was struggling in practice, why would we want him to be on the active team? I don't like the results but I do like that the Patriots are the team that took the chance on him. As hard as it seems, we have too many (equal) receiver options. WE must make hard choices and this was one very hard choice. BB and the team loved the guy and I will continue to root for him. There are many players who have performed their best after being let go......

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be some internal issue going on inside the locker rooms that belichik is keeping it under raps because isnt this basically the same offense brady had last season that took them all the way to the conference game? And now your waiving and benching those same players? I picked up amendola on my FF thinking with him healthy, dobson, thompkins, edelmen, and gronc this passing game will be fire.

more like a dumpster fire. :scratch: when it comes to this team this year the more you think you know the less you do.