• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is EXACTLY What I was Talking About

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the Thornton/Orpik thread, anyone remember what one of my main points was? Be held accountable for your actions and things end there.

Brown and his "accidental" cartwheel kick (and O'Donnell called it his "unintentional intentional" that night) to Luongo's head did not go unnoticed - obviously. The Canucks came after him from literally the opening face off and he refused to answer for his actions.

So what happens? He is targeted all game, and refuses to stand and deliver. So what happens next? Guys like Doughty are slew footed and punched in the head.

Why? Because Brown did not answer for what he did.

I'm sick and tired of his crap and acting jobs, and tonight was a direct result of those types of things. When he scored, all that did was irritate the Canucks more, I'm surprised the Canucks didn't just go ballistic on him.

This is why The Code exists and how it's honored. I hope the disbelievers saw some proof tonight.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Puck. I didn't get to see the whole game, but didn't Brown go with Kessler?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Puck. I didn't get to see the whole game, but didn't Brown go with Kessler?

He did, 6 seconds into the second period. But it took a period for him to man up, when it was obvious was the Canucks were doing from the get go. I applaud him for finally manning up, and he got the worst end of it from what I saw.

My point still remains though, if you go around acting like he does this is exactly what happens. NHL players don't put up with that kind of nonsense, especially to a star player.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh puck, whats it like to be stuck in the 80s?

If he can't fight, why should be fight? Should he just totally stop hitting then? At that point, might as well hang them up and retire.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he can't fight, why should be fight? Should he just totally stop hitting then? At that point, might as well hang them up and retire.

It's not Puck who invented this.... This goes way back before the 80's

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just move on from what happen we got bigger things to worry about, we won the game & that's all that matters right now, It was a good game.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brown scored the goal that one the game. That's another way to "Man Up".

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got me, when you find out please let me know.

Because maybe he shouldn't be going out trying to destroy people, pissing other people off and then not being held accountable for it?

If that is Trevor Lewis cartwheeling and cracking Luongo, no big deal. For starters, Lewis scoring a goal is like trying to figure out how the Pyramids came about and secondly and most importantly, Lewis is not that type of player who has developed a reputation for exaggerating movements and trying to sell stuff when it's not what happened. Brown has unfortunately and it's been mentioned several times by Fox himself.

The whole Canucks team was pissed at Brown, does that not tell you something? Was that not that obvious?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brown scored the goal that one the game. That's another way to "Man Up".

Ox

Which is great, but that isn't the same as manning up. No coincidence that as soon as he fought Kessler the intensity of the game went down. I hate the Canucks but am glad they went after Brown.

He needed to own up for what he did last game and to his credit he did. He also got destroyed, which actually gave the Canucks the mental victory.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Canucks... and Fuck Luongo.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orpik takes out Toews. Chicago didn't even do anything.

lapd334128

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what brown does from now on against the canucks they will always hate him. He has always played with an edge against them and always will. There is a reason why Vancouver is the most hated team in the NHL and I love watching Brown destroy each and every one of them!!

My all time favorite brown hit on a canuck has to be his hit on Henrik Sedin in the 2012 playoffs. A close second is his hit on Matt Cooke years ago. youtube it, it's worth it cause it's Matt Cooke.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I love seeing Vancouver get whooped up on any day of the week.

They absolutely deserve this mess they are in, and I have no doubt Tortorella will be let go by the end of the season if not sooner. That was a short lived experiment, and Gillis completely bungled the goalie situation by moving Schneider AND Luongo in less than a year. Luongo's contract was miserable, but he wasn't a bad goalie and certainly better than anything they have now. His head should be next.

They have rubbed one out for a decade feasting on Edmonton, Calgary, Minnesota, Colorado (when this was a super weak division) and mistakenly thought they were a legitimate contender and a lot better than they were. The jig is up, they entered an ultra competitive Pacific Division and simpy do not have the balls or roster to compete so the farce is finally exposed.

However, I also have a problem with players who dishonor the integrity of the sport, guys like Brown (the dives, hit and run mentality, hiding behind refs and the bruisers), Doan ("who me? I swear I didn't mean to hurt him" yet has been suspended 40,000 times and the media portrays him as some kind of good guy), etc. even if they wear Kings colors.

Those types of players need to be held accountable so as much as I loved seeing Vancouver off their game and pissed off about Brown, I also was happy to see them confront Brown for his fake cartwheel that (I think) concussed Luongo.

There was no need for that and the acting job was horrible. The pummeling Brown took was well deserved.

Last edited by a moderator: