• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This board is depressing

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the T-wolves edge out the Lakers last night, even though it wasn't a great win; I see a positive future with the young talents of Wiggins and Towns. The future is looking bright. We just need to hit a homer in the next draft lottery. GO WOLVES!!!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the T-wolves edge out the Lakers last night, even though it wasn't a great win; I see a positive future with the young talents of Wiggins and Towns. The future is looking bright. We just need to hit a homer in the next draft lottery. GO WOLVES!!!

I dunno... I'm not so certain we are lottery bound. I'd be interested to see if we can go on any kind of a run when we get Pek back. Could make for a fun winter of Wolves basketball! If we can stick close to .500 until then...?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've got some winnable games coming up... starting tonight in Denver.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got some winnable games coming up... starting tonight in Denver.
I'll try to peak in on them throughout the night, but my main focus will be watching the Wild. They both start at the same time and I try not to miss a Wild game...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to peak in on them throughout the night, but my main focus will be watching the Wild. They both start at the same time and I try not to miss a Wild game...
:thumb:

I typically go to 1 to 3 Wild games a month. Only been to 3 Wolves games in the past 5 or so years. Used to be a season ticket holder, though.... then kids happened.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

I typically go to 1 to 3 Wild games a month. Only been to 3 Wolves games in the past 5 or so years. Used to be a season ticket holder, though.... then kids happened.
LOL, The kids will change a lot of things. You'll have to raise Wild/Twins/Vikings/Wolves fans so they can join you.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I switch over from the WILD loss in OT to witness the T-wolves loss in OT to Denver. How depressing...

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves finally have a young core I can be excited about. Wiggins and Towns. Throw in a Shabazzzzzzzzz as 6th man. I am excited for the Wolves for the first time in like a decade.

I am not really thrilled with Rubio, never have been. But if he gets like 12 assists a night? Let's Wiggins and Towns control the scoring... I am OK with him being our PG. Now a days seems like people demand a PG who can score 25 a night.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves finally have a young core I can be excited about. Wiggins and Towns. Throw in a Shabazzzzzzzzz as 6th man. I am excited for the Wolves for the first time in like a decade.

I am not really thrilled with Rubio, never have been. But if he gets like 12 assists a night? Let's Wiggins and Towns control the scoring... I am OK with him being our PG. Now a days seems like people demand a PG who can score 25 a night.

Rubio doesn't score much, but he passes, rebounds, and defends. Something a lot of young PG's neglect. I've liked him ever since he got into the league.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio doesn't score much, but he passes, rebounds, and defends. Something a lot of young PG's neglect. I've liked him ever since he got into the league.

So true, I forget how good he is at defense. I tend to be disappointed for the wrong reasons. I say, I don't mind him not scoring points, but not impressed. But posts like this remind me that he plays solid defense. Maybe some of the best defense in the game. I should appreciate him more.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,121.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, I forget how good he is at defense. I tend to be disappointed for the wrong reasons. I say, I don't mind him not scoring points, but not impressed. But posts like this remind me that he plays solid defense. Maybe some of the best defense in the game. I should appreciate him more.

He's very different than a scoring PG and that's not bad. With all the young scorers you mentioned.....the Wolves don't need him to score. However, it would be a nice bonus if he could develop into a guy that could give you 14-15ppg along with 9-10apg, 6-7rpg, and 2-3spg.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's very different than a scoring PG and that's not bad. With all the young scorers you mentioned.....the Wolves don't need him to score. However, it would be a nice bonus if he could develop into a guy that could give you 14-15ppg along with 9-10apg, 6-7rpg, and 2-3spg.

If anything, he's a very efficient scorer. I have no problem with Rubes.... he can score, when he chooses to. It's just never been a priority to him. I agree, I'd like to see him take more chances to open up things for the others, but it's not necessary.

Where the Wolves are lacking, is defense. That should come in time, as that is the most difficult adjustment for youngsters as they enter the league.

I HOPE, they entertain the idea of trading Martin to a contending team. He's never been good on the defensive end... and this year, can't seem to find his shot consistently. Unfortunately, he is still on the books for next season, unless they can trade him.

Miller and Prince will be off the books at the end of the year - I think they were just brought in to fill space, as they are on the Veteran's minimum. Hopefully, the kids continue to learn from them (as well as KG).

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyus Jones shines in Idaho
The Minnesota Timberwolves are one of 11 teams that do not have their own D-League affiliate, so they’re subject to the league’s flex assignment rule. The Wolves utilized this option with their 19-year-old point guard Tyus Jones last week and he ended up in Idaho with the Stampede.

Jones, who is behind Ricky Rubio, Andre Miller and Zach LaVine on the depth chart, has looked like a typical rookie point guard with Idaho. He’s had some strengths and some weaknesses, but even his shortcomings are encouraging. The numbers are arbitrary, but they are pretty good at 21.3 points, five assists and 2.7 turnovers through his first three games.

The Stampede have a good situation for him because they have a number of former NBA guys — Jeff Ayres and Phil Pressey — who will help him find his groove.

Timberwolves rookie Tyus Jones shines in Idaho

This is promising news. It was the best thing for him, as he wasn't getting minutes with the Wolves, and it was assumed he'd be a project since even before the draft.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More minutes for Shabazz. Keep grooming LaVine with more and more minutes off the ball(where he should be) and you've got a crazy nice core.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More minutes for Shabazz. Keep grooming LaVine with more and more minutes off the ball(where he should be) and you've got a crazy nice core.
As long as Rubio can stay healthy.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going for 3 in a row. Too bad they lost the 3 prior... would be in the 8th spot right now. They are certainly fun to watch.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno... I'm not so certain we are lottery bound. I'd be interested to see if we can go on any kind of a run when we get Pek back. Could make for a fun winter of Wolves basketball! If we can stick close to .500 until then...?

Man, was I wrong! They are both fun AND maddening to watch. It's obvious that Mitchell is not the answer moving forward. I just hope he's not damaging any of the youngsters.

The blown leads? Very frustrating. Held on against Memphis the other day, but... the others???? :gaah:

Played tough against a Cleveland team that was ripe for the picking.... kept it close...

But why is Prince still starting? I understand the plan going into the season, but I can't believe that Flip wouldn't have started mixing in the youth movement a little more aggressively.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, was I wrong! They are both fun AND maddening to watch. It's obvious that Mitchell is not the answer moving forward. I just hope he's not damaging any of the youngsters.

The blown leads? Very frustrating. Held on against Memphis the other day, but... the others???? :gaah:

Played tough against a Cleveland team that was ripe for the picking.... kept it close...

But why is Prince still starting? I understand the plan going into the season, but I can't believe that Flip wouldn't have started mixing in the youth movement a little more aggressively.

I think this is the biggest issue. We all know Sam was never long term but the mind games he plays with guys like Shabazz and especially LaVine is AWFUL.

LaVine was at like 14.5 PPG and playing great a few weeks ago then magically stopped playing for like 6 games like wtf?

Him and Shabazz killed it in that game at home vs OKC when we almost came back and the next game at Houston both barely played?

And yeah, I think everyone wonders on the Prince thing.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the biggest issue. We all know Sam was never long term but the mind games he plays with guys like Shabazz and especially LaVine is AWFUL.

LaVine was at like 14.5 PPG and playing great a few weeks ago then magically stopped playing for like 6 games like wtf?

Him and Shabazz killed it in that game at home vs OKC when we almost came back and the next game at Houston both barely played?

And yeah, I think everyone wonders on the Prince thing.

I get the notion of bringing in Prince at the beginning of the season. Seasoned vet. Character guy. Eat some minutes and set an example. But it's time for him to get out of the way.