• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Third pick

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers find a way to get Cousins they'd give up the 2nd pick in the deal. Would Sacramento go with Okafor or Russell is the question. I hope Russell is the pick. If he's not their the Sixers should trade Okafor to the highest bidder

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers find a way to get Cousins they'd give up the 2nd pick in the deal. Would Sacramento go with Okafor or Russell is the question. I hope Russell is the pick. If he's not their the Sixers should trade Okafor to the highest bidder
That's probably what Hinkie would do. I think Russell will be there at 3 for us however.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
early rumors have the Lakers taking Russell and the Celtics with a "big" trade package to offer for the 3rd pick.
If that is the case, i don't want anything from the Celtics. I don't even know who's on their team. Just grab Porzingis and call it a day.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
early rumors have the Lakers taking Russell and the Celtics with a "big" trade package to offer for the 3rd pick.
If that is the case, i don't want anything from the Celtics. I don't even know who's on their team. Just grab Porzingis and call it a day.

Maybe it is a smokescreen or a way to try to entice the Sixers into a trade but reports are out there that Lakers are targeting Russell

I'm hoping Russell is the Sixers pick but if Lakers pick him I hope Hinkie is not sucked into doing any deal with the Lakers if it means giving up next year's Lakers 1st rounder

If Russell is not there seems like Porzingis is as good as Okafor at that draft position. Okafor seems to be falling. I still think he is going to be a good player

I know this is highly unfair but I see Porzingis and especially hearing about his 3 pointer ability and I keep thinking about Shawn Bradley and if I remember correctly before the draft news outlets kept showing Bradley making a 3 pointer in college

I don't really care if Porzingis makes 3 pointers - he is 7 foot - go stand near the basket but if him making 3 pointers means he has a good shooting touch then I'm fine with that

At the end of the day I agree with F4F - I don't want anything to do with a trade with the Celtics. I am not a Smart fan and I I think Olynyk is an average player at best - not a fan of his either

I would rather the Sixers keep the #3 or if they are going to trade down do the trade with someone who has a better pick that #16 to swap with

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is a smokescreen or a way to try to entice the Sixers into a trade but reports are out there that Lakers are targeting Russell

I'm hoping Russell is the Sixers pick but if Lakers pick him I hope Hinkie is not sucked into doing any deal with the Lakers if it means giving up next year's Lakers 1st rounder

If Russell is not there seems like Porzingis is as good as Okafor at that draft position. Okafor seems to be falling. I still think he is going to be a good player

I know this is highly unfair but I see Porzingis and especially hearing about his 3 pointer ability and I keep thinking about Shawn Bradley and if I remember correctly before the draft news outlets kept showing
Bradley making a 3 pointer in college

I don't really care if Porzingis makes 3 pointers - he is 7 foot - go stand near the basket but if him making
3 pointers means he has a good shooting touch then I'm fine with that

At the end of the day I agree with F4F - I don't want anything to do with a trade with the Celtics. I am not a Smart fan and I I think Olynyk is an average player at best - not a fan of his either

I would rather the Sixers keep the #3 or if they are going to trade down do the trade with someone who has a better pick that #16 to swap with

Lol. I said this exact same thing about this guy compared to the skinny twig Bradley. Bradley was 7'6" and still got knocked around by the smaller bulky guys. I don't want this guy. Russell has to be the guy. We lost out on Wiggins last season, do not lose out on Russell who should be better.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Okafor although I wanted Russell

It'll be interesting to see what happens now with Okafor, Embiid, and Noels
One of them possibly getting traded?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What a bummer. I hate the Lakers even more now. Two straight years of getting screwed in the draft. We still don't have a shooter on this team. Big guys, yes.. Wtf?

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Covington can shoot and Wroten is nice player as well. I hear what you saying though.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a head scratcher at the 35th pick - Willy Hernangomez from Spain
He'll probably be stashed over in Europe for a year or 2

Big guy - 6' 11" 250 lbs. but Sixers have a crowded front court
figured they would look for some diamond in the rough shooters

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol and then pick 37 - Richaun Holmes - 6' 10" 245 lbs

Hinkie is growing a Redwood forest in Philly

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Noel, Embiid, or Okafor really excelling at anything but Center in the NBA. That's quite a log jam of players that are almost solely efficient close to the basket. If you ask me, this obvious tanking for philly hasn't paid off one bit. Embiid may not even play a game in the NBA if his foot keeps flaring up. It sucks that you guys didn't get Russell, but I got to be honest when I say that it serves your front office right for straight up tanking for 3 years in a row.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Noel, Embiid, or Okafor really excelling at anything but Center in the NBA. That's quite a log jam of players that are almost solely efficient close to the basket. If you ask me, this obvious tanking for philly hasn't paid off one bit. Embiid may not even play a game in the NBA if his foot keeps flaring up. It sucks that you guys didn't get Russell, but I got to be honest when I say that it serves your front office right for straight up tanking for 3 years in a row.

good call, dummy. they were hardcore "tanking" 3 years ago when they went 34-48 with turner, holiday, thad young, hawes and nick young. just like they were "tanking" 2 years ago with thad young, carter-williams and turner/hawes (for most of the year.)

they pushed out a pitiful lineup for one year (2014) and still managed to finish with a better record than the wolves and knicks. and they were only 3 games behind the lakers.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call, dummy. they were hardcore "tanking" 3 years ago when they went 34-48 with turner, holiday, thad young, hawes and nick young. just like they were "tanking" 2 years ago with thad young, carter-williams and turner/hawes (for most of the year.)

they pushed out a pitiful lineup for one year (2014) and still managed to finish with a better record than the wolves and knicks. and they were only 3 games behind the lakers.
I'm not trying to be a troll, but none of those line ups look like anything other than line ups meant to tank. However, my timeline may be a little off. I always thought the beginning of their tanking started with the trade of Holiday. I also don't think it's the players, but the front office trying to tank.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For people who don't like what the Sixers are doing to try and get a superstar, please, offer an alternative. I am certain people would be willing to listen. But saying they shouldn't be doing it and offering no other means to try and make a championship contender doesn't add anything to the conversation. The fact is Philly is not a prime free agent destination, you aren't going to attract a Lebron James or Kevin Durant unless they are already there. Thus, the best chance you have is to draft that player. And since it is a lottery it is impossible to guarantee getting a top pick, you can only hope to roll the dice. I have said it before, but Collins seriously f'd the team when he forced them to take Turner over Cousins. That was the year the Sixers would've had a top notch player with talent around him. Now the franchise is set back 8 years because of one terrible pick. I do believe Hinkie understands how to build, but even the best laid plans need some luck in the NBA. (See G.S. with Curry)

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did want the Sixers to get Russell because I think he is going to be a outstanding player
But also because the Sixers have Embiid ad Noel and they need some backcourt players

That being said with Russell gone I was happy Sixers didn't pass on Okafor
He is going to be a consistent double-double guy game in and game out

Interesting interview he had:
76ers' Okafor big believer in needing big men to win titles | NBA.com

I know GS won with guard play and the general consensus seems to be that the NBA changing to a guard oriented team but I'm not sold on that thinking yet

I still think a team focused on a dominant front court is still a great path to take towards a championship
Sure I'm probably being a bit simplistic - other factors are involved such as defense but overall I think you need that cornerstone of the front court

Curry is a dynamic player but that GS team hit on all cylinders with their team play. That is a deep team as well with players buying into the system

Sixers do need back court help but as far as the front court is concerned it will be interesting how everything takes shape