• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thinking Early Offseason for the Pacers...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Pacers and the Grizzlies are defensive-oriented teams that struggle, but the difference between the two teams is that Memphis gets a lot of hustle points, while the Pacers are a more finesse team that can go cold for long stretches. This style may be good enough to beat the Knicks, but not the Heat. The only chance we have to beat the Heat is if we get physical with them, and that's just not our style. Of the two teams, I say Memphis has a better chance at beating them, even though I still don't see it. I think the Spurs have the best chance assuming they get by Golden State.

I wouldn't mind bringing back J.O. this summer to back up Hibbert, just as long as we don't expect him to play big minutes.

No question Granger has to go. The key question there though is whether you just take a marginal draft pick back for him and trust a guy like Orlando Johnson in a bigger role, or do you try and squeeze a John Salmons/Jason Thompson package from Sacramento for his expiring contract while maybe throwing in a Miles Plumlee with him?

Thoughts?

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granger could well be the asset we need to keep from going negative when we bring in the bench. I believe he is a solid defender, deadly shooter and decent rebounder My only knock on him is that he rarely takes it to the hoop.

The piece we are missing is a point guard. I mean, I love George Hill as a person, and sometimes, as a player. But he is playing out of position. I do not expect him to miraculously become a great ball handler over the summer. If we can trade Granger for a top grade point guard, then I think that is worth losing his talent.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George, Danny Granger, Chris Copeland, Solomon Hill and Green for the moment. Lotta SFs. I expect some sort of trade is going to have to happen.