• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There's the Felix we know and love!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit.
Oh well, can't say I'm too surprised. How many more starts will he get before he hurts his arm again?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any day now...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with it ...just like pax had a bad outing...as long as it does not continue...i really would like to see the team jell as a whole around mid august anyway..then let it continue to a playoff run...it may be just a dream..lol

as long as they can stay right behind houston it may be possible ...but then if i nod off the dream may be possible as well....lololol

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these first two starts probably sums up what you will get with him. Maybe not that extreme but he will have his good days and bad days. At the end of the day that equates to him probably being a dude with a FIP around 4.50 and probably around a 2ish WAR. So #4 starter territory which is fine if that's what he was being asked to be. But on this team they set it up where they need more from him and I just don't see him being that guy anymore despite the "he's remade himself" or "he's in great shape" commentary.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit.
Oh well, can't say I'm too surprised. How many more starts will he get before he hurts his arm again?
Not surprised here either. And not surprised with how management will go about dealing with Felix and all the pitching staff AGAIN this year. Total bullshit!!

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with it ...just like pax had a bad outing...as long as it does not continue..

Felix hasn't been good since mid 2016...it's not like this is a rare occurrence that's few and far between. It's becoming the norm.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
april, may,june and july sched.ule
april
MINN..,kc,..a's, HOUSTON,texas,whit sox,CLEVELAND...BIG ones..and not so big ones...lol

may
a's..,ANGELS,toronto,detroit,texas,detroit,..a's..,MINN.texas

june
tampa,HOUSTON tampa...//..,ANGELS,BOSTON,NYY,BOSTON...\\.,baltimore,kc....and they need to play really well right there

july
kc,ANGELS,rockies,ANGELS,rockies
all star break
white sox, san fran,ANGELS,HOUSTON at the deadline...totally need to kik angel and houston around the park
and sure would be nice to kik the other playoff teams around as well ,.....lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there is no way to deal him ..so they have to manage him the best they can....so it really is a test in progress
to see exactly where he is..and then put him in the right position to succeed ..as it is with the rest of the mariners as well..no longer THE BLUE CHIP he was ...it seems

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there is no way to deal him ..so they have to manage him the best they can....so it really is a test in progress
to see exactly where he is..and then put him in the right position to succeed ..as it is with the rest of the mariners as well..no longer THE BLUE CHIP he was ...it seems
What they seemingly do now days with established, high paid stars is find an excuse to DL them if they are under-performing. In the long run, Felix and Ichiro will both underperform so I expect both will see a lot of DL this season. These won't get cut nor sent to AAA (out of respect to the player and what he has meant to the organization) so they will come up with the 'ghost hamstring' or the 'mysterious twisted ankle'. These guys are also insured so DL time means a partial return on the team's investment. Not much, maybe 35 cents on the dollar for Felix and much less than that for Ichiro, but at least it is something.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some days a pitcher just does not have his best stuff and games like this happen.

Average times a pitcher just bombs is maybe one outing per 8 starts or so where things get as bad as what they did SF game #2

I see why they left him in to burn up work / innings and try to correct whatever was making him throw so many balls. This strategy saved our bullpen to be ready to actual pitch in a game we may win ( next few games vs twins )

This team needs to march Felix out every 5th start to have any chance at success in 2018. If all he delivers is a 9 win and 8 loss season with an ERA around 3.9 to 4.25 and we get 25+ starts from him .... I will take it.

i think thats his benchmark. Any better its a win and any less its a loss as far as expectations from King Felix ( using that term very loosely )

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they seemingly do now days with established, high paid stars is find an excuse to DL them if they are under-performing. In the long run, Felix and Ichiro will both underperform so I expect both will see a lot of DL this season. These won't get cut nor sent to AAA (out of respect to the player and what he has meant to the organization) so they will come up with the 'ghost hamstring' or the 'mysterious twisted ankle'. These guys are also insured so DL time means a partial return on the team's investment. Not much, maybe 35 cents on the dollar for Felix and much less than that for Ichiro, but at least it is something.

Here's the problem. Both should be on the DL right now. Ichiro had a grand total of 10 ABs this spring without a hit, got to camp late and had two different injuries. Felix had what 1 minor league start before opening day after getting hurt? Any rationale organization gives them time to get into season shape but they were incredibly concerned about having them both see the field opening day at all costs. Maybe that was just an opening day thing and they will actually be handled properly going forward. However I doubt it tho. This organization coddles the veterans at all costs.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that was for the organization as well as filex to put a !!! at the ten years of boths history
and that era..yes cuz of how good he has been... but also for the fans who have watched him and rooted
for him in that time
and ichiro now that i see him on the team and how he fits in i actually think he does belong there this year..even if he does go on the DL
romine is a different story though now Imo..now that they have two other LH hitters of the bench..IMO

Last edited:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too be fair, the bullpen wasnt exactly shut down either, plus does anyone want to talk about how many guys Seager has left on this season?

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too be fair, the bullpen wasnt exactly shut down either, plus does anyone want to talk about how many guys Seager has left on this season?

Way too many LOB for Seager just a few games into the season

Curious to see if he turns things around quickly or if they keep him in the 5 hole or make a much needed change if he continues to not get the job done knocking in runners

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Felix's ERA in the 4's is his ceiling. He's just not the same pitcher anymore.