• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Theoretically we could do a lot of

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best ball leagues since they arent any work once u draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really seen the point. No management week to week, no moves..no fun. Basically a mock draft that plays out in the background. Not for me
well yeh kinda

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really seen the point. No management week to week, no moves..no fun. Basically a mock draft that plays out in the background. Not for me

that was the original purpose of best ball... it was for the people who constantly do mocks... problem with mocks(less so now with the computer programs), is that you go into a room and half the owners are auto drafters... after the first few picks some owners then leave, and some owners also just dont take the mocks seriously... which made mocks almost pointless... So best ball came to be, sites would ask for a small amount of money and winner takes all... something to play for...

Now of course best ball has evolved...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the original purpose of best ball... it was for the people who constantly do mocks... problem with mocks(less so now with the computer programs), is that you go into a room and half the owners are auto drafters... after the first few picks some owners then leave, and some owners also just dont take the mocks seriously... which made mocks almost pointless... So best ball came to be, sites would ask for a small amount of money and winner takes all... something to play for...

evolved?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well yea, you think it was always 20 man roster?? most best ball now doesn't even roster a kicker.... it has become MORE than just a Mock... there is actual strategy to the draft that is very different than a regular league standard or PPR...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done one a few yrs ago - and quite frankly, there are just too many elements I enjoy missing to make it exciting. … (ie; waivers, trades and making the decisions on who to start). Not my personal cup of tea - but I like and dislikes lots of things others have opposite feeling on - so if it appeals to you, by all means, go for it. ….
Actually I kind of do one (Suicide) but at least there you have to make lineup decisions.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's why you should do the mock drafts on the Fantasy Pros website so you don't get any of that stupid shit.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see the attraction of best ball.
It is very tempting.

What would prevent someone from doing a best ball league using every possible scenario?
Kind of like betting on all 32 teams to win the Super Bowl.
In addition to some of the statements above, I think for me it takes away risk/accountability.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see the attraction of best ball.
It is very tempting.

What would prevent someone from doing a best ball league using every possible scenario?
Kind of like betting on all 32 teams to win the Super Bowl.
In addition to some of the statements above, I think for me it takes away risk/accountability.

No real fantasy fans use BB as their primary league... Most people who do fantasy agree the best part of fantasy is the Draft... this is ALL about the draft, has different strategies than any other league, and it helps you understand player value... even if some players are more or less valuable in BB format...

there really is no downside to it... so what if you don't do roster changes, its a draft and forget league... EMPHASIS ON THE FORGET>>> once the draft ends, you very rarely look at your team... if you do, you either want to laugh at yourself for taking player A or pat yourself on the back for being one of the first to like player B...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can't even get 1 best ball draft set/started/completed and y'all are talking about doing a bunch of these.....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I think best ball leagues are fantasy football's equivalent of bowling with the bumpers up. Which certainly can be fun, but not to be taken seriously

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I think best ball leagues are fantasy football's equivalent of bowling with the bumpers up. Which certainly can be fun, but not to be taken seriously

or like playing putt putt golf and then saying you're good at putting when you step onto the real course......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3