• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way Too Long League Part 2: Keepers Edition

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you know yer screwed when you make the playoffs but already decide to talk about keepers. Anyway, I'll keep this one short as I can. We keep 1 and we keep them in the round they were drafted in. You can't keep the same guy 2 years in a row, and you can't keep yer 1st rounder from the previous year. Here are my choices:

DHenry in the 3rd-Might not be the best value, but pairing him with a top tier RB in the first round would be one hell of a 1-2 punch if I hit the right guy.
KHunt in the 12th-Look, he is playing 2nd fiddle right now but if he were to end up in the right spot he could be gold in the 12th round.
CSutton in the 14th-Originally this was the guy I figured to keep after the middle of this season. Would be great value here, but this disappearing act he has made these last few games are a bit concerning.
DParker in the 19th round-So, I would say this would be the ultimate steal.............but WTF clicked fer this guy this year and what would it take fer it to unclick? Not sure I could trust him but then again, 19th round! How bad would it really hurt if he sucked again? Thoughts?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as my main league except that you can keep a guy for as long as you want. You can also trade draft picks during the off-season and in the first month of the regular season.

I don't trust Parker. He saw an insane amount of volume with Miami constantly throwing. He's always been a talent but a total enigma. It's very, very hard for me to recommend anything other than Henry in the 3rd. I would also probably go WR 1st round then. Unless you get 1st overall pick and CMC isn't kept. Put it this way... I wouldn't reach for a RB when you have Henry in the 3rd.

If Hunt goes elsewhere, though? You keep him.

My keepers going into next year will be Tyreek Hill (5th round) Aaron Jones (9th round) Darren Waller (16th round). I have no 4th round pick. I traded it for Mixon. It was worth it, though. Huge part of my late-season/playoff run.

I drafted Trubisky instead of Lamar Jackson in the 14th. LMAO... Could have kept him. At least, I got him on waivers to win me a title this year.

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting choices there Sammy. Think Henry in the 3rd is too good to pass up for a maybe in Hunt. Parker in the 19th is indeed a steal. The one thing that I would be concerned about in MIA is the QB situation. Fitzmagic lived up to his gunslinger rep this yr and if he were to be 'the guy' next yr I would say sure, go there. The same may be true in DEN, although they seem to be committed at this point - problem there is; does Sutton continue to be ignored? Either comes with risk - think I'd side Parker for now but see how the draft and preseason goes between them before finalizing. ....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy, knowing your league, i think you have to rule out Parker and Sutton since they are on teams that probably wont make the playoffs. If Denver/Sutton does make the playoffs, most likely its as a wild card unless KC has a total collapse.

To me it boils down to Henry and Hunt. Hunt might be the better value but how soon do you have to lock in your keeper?

If you can wait and let some offseason moves play out, great. If not, Henry for me.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said @averagejoe - forgot about the playoff thing and perhaps keeping Henry and Hunt vs a WR. ...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy, knowing your league, i think you have to rule out Parker and Sutton since they are on teams that probably wont make the playoffs. If Denver/Sutton does make the playoffs, most likely its as a wild card unless KC has a total collapse.

To me it boils down to Henry and Hunt. Hunt might be the better value but how soon do you have to lock in your keeper?

If you can wait and let some offseason moves play out, great. If not, Henry for me.
We lock in our keepers 30 minutes before the draft. Same time we learn our draft order.
I would REALLY have a hard time tossing Henry back in but if Hunt were to end up somewhere as the #1 that would be a steal IMO.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lock in our keepers 30 minutes before the draft. Same time we learn our draft order.
I would REALLY have a hard time tossing Henry back in but if Hunt were to end up somewhere as the #1 that would be a steal IMO.
Honestly, I doubt he goes elsewhere (CLE has such a harmonious team :nono: ) but you never know. .... certainly a possibility. ..... but either way, Henry AND Hunt solves that potential. .... but you have a lot of time to wait it out. ..

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I doubt he goes elsewhere (CLE has such a harmonious team :nono: ) but you never know. .... certainly a possibility. ..... but either way, Henry AND Hunt solves that potential. .... but you have a lot of time to wait it out. ..
What's kinda cool is we do learn the draft order before we name keepers so that is helpful.............

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change my mind, Sutton could be a steal too. And Denver may very well be a wild card playoff team. But with KC, NE and BAL, they may have a tough time advancing unless their DST becomes dominant next year.
I'd hold those 3 in mind (Henry, Hunt & Sutton).
Still think Parker should be cast aside. 4 years of hype and disappointment and then he plays with a $$ incentive in his 5th year.
Guarantee he'll disappear again next year. And the year after. Etc.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I just checked the Drops and Adds and I find this as extremely funny. There is a guy in this league that was abusing the IR rules so bad I almost quit after the first season. We were able to fix his ass (and the rule) but he is still a major dick. Anyway, dude is 6-10 (I'll admit he usually does better and has made the playoffs 2 of the 4 years I've been in the league so I'm not talking shit on his skills, just his ethics). Anyway, he went in and grabbed 3 play off players just to be spiteful.............at least it cost him $6 to do it but what a dick...........

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change my mind, Sutton could be a steal too. And Denver may very well be a wild card playoff team. But with KC, NE and BAL, they may have a tough time advancing unless their DST becomes dominant next year.
I'd hold those 3 in mind (Henry, Hunt & Sutton).
Still think Parker should be cast aside. 4 years of hype and disappointment and then he plays with a $$ incentive in his 5th year.
Guarantee he'll disappear again next year. And the year after. Etc.
I agree with most of this. I don't think Sutton should be considered, though. To me, it would be down to Hunt and Henry. Henry is the front runner, but if Hunt goes somewhere with a clear path to be the featured back, he becomes a strong consideration. I wouldn't get cute. Henry should out perform a 3rd round pick price and Tennessee should be in the playoff conversation.