• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way-Too-Early 2019 Draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, not already thinking about next year's draft, I think I'll let this recent one first sink in and see how the season plays out. But this article caught my eye with respect to what in general may be in store for next year. One thing I like is '19 should be a banner year for OTs. The timing will be good for us, as I feel Massie will be quite replaceable. Besides, I really thought for this year, the guards and centers were on average better than the tackles, talent-wise.

Way-too-early preview of the 2019 NFL Draft

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, not already thinking about next year's draft, I think I'll let this recent one first sink in and see how the season plays out. But this article caught my eye with respect to what in general may be in store for next year. One thing I like is '19 should be a banner year for OTs. The timing will be good for us, as I feel Massie will be quite replaceable. Besides, I really thought for this year, the guards and centers were on average better than the tackles, talent-wise.

Way-too-early preview of the 2019 NFL Draft
Holy fuck. It’s almost like Pace planned for this draft. Looks like we can get the OLB/OT combo next year. Hopefully we can get back into the second round next year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck. It’s almost like Pace planned for this draft. Looks like we can get the OLB/OT combo next year. Hopefully we can get back into the second round next year.
That was my exact thought, which was in part why I posted the article.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Massie's been pretty solid, actually. Much improved this past year.

Anyway, I'm not typically into these kind of articles. Not a huge college fan, so I don't know anybody yet. To me, the draft isn't this fun thing I read a bunch of mocks on, make my own and get excited over. It's just a chance for the Bears to get better and I like seeing where the big names go in the first.

I'm always happy when the damn thing is over. lol

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Massie's been pretty solid, actually. Much improved this past year.

Improved, but nothing that isn't easily replaceable. I won't say tackle will be our top priority next year, any one of a zillion things can cause us to have other areas of higher concern, but I don't think I'm going out on a limb whatsoever by saying that the position will be addressed at some point next year, either in free agency or the draft.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improved, but nothing that isn't easily replaceable. I won't say tackle will be our top priority next year, any one of a zillion things can cause us to have other areas of higher concern, but I don't think I'm going out on a limb whatsoever by saying that the position will be addressed at some point next year, either in free agency or the draft.

I don't know. Competent tackles aren't just plucked off of trees. I agree Massie isn't fantastic, but he's a got a lot of raw ability and has shown improvement each season. I'd like to see what happens when Hiestand gets his hands on him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Competent tackles aren't just plucked off of trees. I agree Massie isn't fantastic, but he's a got a lot of raw ability and has shown improvement each season. I'd like to see what happens when Hiestand gets his hands on him.

I like your last line, which is a fair point. And it's not so much that I am anxious to get rid of him. I too thought he had shown some improved play last year. But sans Daniels, who has yet to take a snap as a pro, Massie is pretty much the weakest link on the OL and we should remember he's in his walk year, unless of course he receives an extension. Which is part of the reason I said he's replaceable. Heck, he may leave even if we want him to stay.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your last line, which is a fair point. And it's not so much that I am anxious to get rid of him. I too thought he had shown some improved play last year. But sans Daniels, who has yet to take a snap as a pro, Massie is pretty much the weakest link on the OL and we should remember he's in his walk year, unless of course he receives an extension. Which is part of the reason I said he's replaceable. Heck, he may leave even if we want him to stay.

Massie is definitely the weakest of our starting O-lineman. We agree there.